Mum reveals SIMPLE HACK for putting fitted bed sheet

For those of you who have fitted bed sheets at home, you're probably aware of the all-too-common problem when it comes to making your beds – figuring out which side of the sheet goes on which side of the bed!

It always seems to take multiple failed attempts to figure out which side is the correct one. We bet you’ve also experienced having the corner snap up in your face after placing it in the wrong direction.

Don't worry, folks. You're not alone, we've been there ourselves too!

Thankfully, it doesn't always have to be this way. A familiar name is here to show us a bed-making trick that will change your "sheet game" forever.

According to home hacks queen Carolina McCauley, doing this one simple trick will guarantee you a smooth, perfect-looking bed every single time!

The mum-of-two from Perth shared that when it comes to using a plain fitted sheet, it is important to always note that the corner with the tag always goes on the bottom right side (if you're facing the bed) of your mattress.

This method makes sure that the long side of the linen sheet is always fitted correctly, saving you from the hassle of re-inserting a corner every time it pops off.

To think that life could have been so much easier this whole time…

f-FUPsZ0HBQAKSlbQAcZfrzTZAx-B8V4QMEC32_dqIPQ5aCNg00DxSpb6dAaS4MRqS89bVHZjYrXVDDpu53EzAaA5khWOHnIovsRs-twtA7C7_8ZT-IUcFbPEiyzVbgxRuwaqdXL

She says that the bed sheet tag goes inside on the bottom right corner of the bed. Credit: TikTok/carolina.mccauley.

Carolina posted the bed-making hack on her TikTok account, which has already gained over 70,000 views in the span of just a few days.

Hundreds of impressed bed-makers commented on the clip, thanking her for the unbelievable simple trick.

One mum wrote: "So simple but going to save me so much time," while another added: "Wtf, I never knew this!"

"I've always had to label mine but I will use your tip from now on," said a third user.

Another mum shared a second bed-making hack to make the lives of many homeowners a whole lot easier. But instead of a trick, she said that she swears by a gadget to make her bed and sheets look neat and tidy.

Julianna, who regularly shares cleaning tips and home hacks on her Instagram page, said that she uses a bed-maker-slash-mattress-lifter that she bought from Amazon.

Now she no longer has to worry about straining her back whenever she needs to lift the mattress up and slide a fitted sheet on.

She calls the tool a "bedroom favourite", and she relies on it every time she has to make the bed in a rush.

Do you have more bed-making tips and tricks, folks? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I thought everyone knew about the labels on fitted sheets although I've never heard about a mattress lifter and I might have to suss it out online. With my bad back it takes me almost all day to change and make my bed.:(

Reactions: Liz

For those of you who have fitted bed sheets at home, you're probably aware of the all-too-common problem when it comes to making your beds – figuring out which side of the sheet goes on which side of the bed!

It always seems to take multiple failed attempts to figure out which side is the correct one. We bet you’ve also experienced having the corner snap up in your face after placing it in the wrong direction.

Thankfully, it doesn't always have to be this way. A familiar name is here to show us a bed-making trick that will change your "sheet game" forever.

According to home hacks queen Carolina McCauley, doing this one simple trick will guarantee you a smooth, perfect-looking bed every single time!

The mum-of-two from Perth shared that when it comes to using a plain fitted sheet, it is important to always note that the corner with the tag always goes on the bottom right side (if you're facing the bed) of your mattress.

This method makes sure that the long side of the linen sheet is always fitted correctly, saving you from the hassle of re-inserting a corner every time it pops off.

f-FUPsZ0HBQAKSlbQAcZfrzTZAx-B8V4QMEC32_dqIPQ5aCNg00DxSpb6dAaS4MRqS89bVHZjYrXVDDpu53EzAaA5khWOHnIovsRs-twtA7C7_8ZT-IUcFbPEiyzVbgxRuwaqdXL

She says that the bed sheet tag goes inside on the bottom right corner of the bed. Credit: TikTok/carolina.mccauley.

Carolina posted the bed-making hack on her TikTok account, which has already gained over 70,000 views in the span of just a few days.

Hundreds of impressed bed-makers commented on the clip, thanking her for the unbelievable simple trick.

One mum wrote: "So simple but going to save me so much time," while another added: "Wtf, I never knew this!"

"I've always had to label mine but I will use your tip from now on," said a third user.

Another mum shared a second bed-making hack to make the lives of many homeowners a whole lot easier. But instead of a trick, she said that she swears by a gadget to make her bed and sheets look neat and tidy.

Julianna, who regularly shares cleaning tips and home hacks on her Instagram page, said that she uses a bed-maker-slash-mattress-lifter that she bought from Amazon.

Now she no longer has to worry about straining her back whenever she needs to lift the mattress up and slide a fitted sheet on.

She calls the tool a "bedroom favourite", and she relies on it every time she has to make the bed in a rush.

Do you have more bed-making tips and tricks, folks? Share them with us in the comments below!
A simple way is to mark the head and foot ends by a line of stitching or laundry marker

Reactions: Phyll and Ricci

Put your foot on the bed base and lift your mattress onto your knee. You then have two hands to pull the fitted sheet over the mattress and tuck in the sides

I like to alternate my sheets. That way they dont wear in the same spot. So tag right on bottom would mean tag left on top. My greatest issue is how do you tell which side of the bed is right or left. Standing facing it or lying in it. I have never known.;););)

I like to alternate my sheets. That way they dont wear in the same spot. So tag right on bottom would mean tag left on top. My greatest issue is how do you tell which side of the bed is right or left. Standing facing it or lying in it. I have never known.;););)
I'm pretty sure it's standing facing.:)

I thought everyone knew about the labels on fitted sheets although I've never heard about a mattress lifter and I might have to suss it out online. With my bad back it takes me almost all day to change and make my bed.:(

Go on line and Google "Bed Ezy". The firm is in Wagga. An inflatable bladder that goes under the mattress and is blown up by a motor in 10 seconds. It raises the bed to about hip height , there is no leaning down and when the bed is made , flick the switch and the bladder goes back to zero thickness. At 90 m years old it makes all the difference.

Reactions: Ricci
Go on line and Google "Bed Ezy". The firm is in Wagga. An inflatable bladder that goes under the mattress and is blown up by a motor in 10 seconds. It raises the bed to about hip height , there is no leaning down and when the bed is made , flick the switch and the bladder goes back to zero thickness. At 90 m years old it makes all the difference.
Thank you:)

I have always used the label on fitted sheets, to help the bedmaking process easier for myself.

$100 bucks!! nfw!