Mum reveals a brilliant hack for making HEALTHY LOLLIES at home – “They always seem to be a winner!”

Lollies, regardless of your age, are one of the best guilty-pleasures to indulge in. The downside is that these treats are usually packed with sugar that could pose serious health risks in the long run – so, sadly, we’re probably better off resisting the temptation to eat them… That is until one mum came up with a nifty workaround.

A clever Aussie mum shared how to make homemade healthy lollies with her followers on Instagram, claiming that you won’t be able to tell the difference between them and the store-bought variety.

She documented the entire process and left hundreds of users in awe.

“Want to know how to make healthy lollies? I've made these a fair few times now and they always seem to be a winner,” she said.

The mum opted to make rainbow-coloured lollies for the video and she was able to achieve it by combining four different flavours of Aeroplane Jelly Lite (available from Coles and Woolies for about $2 for 2 sachets / 8 servings).

exLOmaPPW6Mh_OjHGhJO_rVxgKZerwaW-MJ0zGauCuW6YUmPosF3br0QVWzcoXtjeuZsXWcXxyPd55VHrKQ83wadJ-kB34VPkHCBgUFJvogmgfPBjoNgOmEgCznUkxxtSLevbovlSJgztznVjA
KlszrCyBi-FN_IkWOh6OP9F6PlTB1Q0JO6BjlfzyJUbkCDyXYh484NuAv-9c8LnF2HSqP7tT9Ckx8CQr_7EIhtRVIsOACI2qHUXsjh-S_nfCO3MW9jv5tacfgGaRpzcbrOzmAP6zVmUrZNXjng

Healthy lollies! Image Credit: @__my_dream_life

“I used both sachets in the packet, emptied the contents into a small Tupperware container for each flavour before adding a cup of boiling water,” she explained.

Then, she added 12 grams of gelatin to each of the containers which is the secret ingredient to acquiring the classic, hard texture that typical lollies have in comparison to regular jelly. After that, she also incorporated a teaspoon of citric acid for the sour flavour.

“Then, I've got these moulds.” she said, showcasing a fun variety of ice moulds including one in the shape of a worm.

“So I basically just took turns taking different colours, mixing them up, and setting each layer in the fridge so the colours didn't mix too much.”

“Then you remove the lollies from the moulds and keep them in the fridge until you're ready to eat them.”

The mum claimed that the lollies were sweet enough on their own without the citric acid if you’re not a fan of sour flavours.

The lollies are good to snack on for up to 10 days in the fridge (assuming you can keep them from being raided by your grandkids in that time).

The mum’s followers adored the finished result, which was a lively combination of colours on the plate.

“I'm going to do this today, they look delicious,” one woman said.

“This is awesome! Thank you for sharing.” wrote another.

“I love you right now!” commented a third.

Will you be trying this lolly hack out at home? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Learn how to make healthy, sugar-free roll-ups by reading another fantastic article here.

Watch the full Instagram video about making healthy lollies below:

Video Credit: @__my_dream_life

Reactions: Deb, BJM and Ricci
Sponsored
Even better the jelly lite would give them a better fruity flavour. I would try these sometime to see how they go.

Reactions: Ricci
Mum reveals a brilliant hack for making HEALTHY LOLLIES at home – “They always seem to be a winner!”

Lollies, regardless of your age, are one of the best guilty-pleasures to indulge in. The downside is that these treats are usually packed with sugar that could pose serious health risks in the long run – so, sadly, we’re probably better off resisting the temptation to eat them… That is until one mum came up with a nifty workaround.

A clever Aussie mum shared how to make homemade healthy lollies with her followers on Instagram, claiming that you won’t be able to tell the difference between them and the store-bought variety.

She documented the entire process and left hundreds of users in awe.

“Want to know how to make healthy lollies? I've made these a fair few times now and they always seem to be a winner,” she said.

The mum opted to make rainbow-coloured lollies for the video and she was able to achieve it by combining four different flavours of Aeroplane Jelly Lite (available from Coles and Woolies for about $2 for 2 sachets / 8 servings).

exLOmaPPW6Mh_OjHGhJO_rVxgKZerwaW-MJ0zGauCuW6YUmPosF3br0QVWzcoXtjeuZsXWcXxyPd55VHrKQ83wadJ-kB34VPkHCBgUFJvogmgfPBjoNgOmEgCznUkxxtSLevbovlSJgztznVjA
KlszrCyBi-FN_IkWOh6OP9F6PlTB1Q0JO6BjlfzyJUbkCDyXYh484NuAv-9c8LnF2HSqP7tT9Ckx8CQr_7EIhtRVIsOACI2qHUXsjh-S_nfCO3MW9jv5tacfgGaRpzcbrOzmAP6zVmUrZNXjng

Healthy lollies! Image Credit: @__my_dream_life

“I used both sachets in the packet, emptied the contents into a small Tupperware container for each flavour before adding a cup of boiling water,” she explained.

Then, she added 12 grams of gelatin to each of the containers which is the secret ingredient to acquiring the classic, hard texture that typical lollies have in comparison to regular jelly. After that, she also incorporated a teaspoon of citric acid for the sour flavour.

“Then, I've got these moulds.” she said, showcasing a fun variety of ice moulds including one in the shape of a worm.

“So I basically just took turns taking different colours, mixing them up, and setting each layer in the fridge so the colours didn't mix too much.”

“Then you remove the lollies from the moulds and keep them in the fridge until you're ready to eat them.”

The mum claimed that the lollies were sweet enough on their own without the citric acid if you’re not a fan of sour flavours.

The lollies are good to snack on for up to 10 days in the fridge (assuming you can keep them from being raided by your grandkids in that time).

The mum’s followers adored the finished result, which was a lively combination of colours on the plate.

“I'm going to do this today, they look delicious,” one woman said.

“This is awesome! Thank you for sharing.” wrote another.

“I love you right now!” commented a third.

Will you be trying this lolly hack out at home? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Learn how to make healthy, sugar-free roll-ups by reading another fantastic article here.

Watch the full Instagram video about making healthy lollies below:

Video Credit: @__my_dream_life

How does she figure these are healthy?!?!? She (& all those others who think she’s amazing & clever), need to read the current science behind the problems with artificial sweeteners!!

How does she figure these are healthy?!?!? She (& all those others who think she’s amazing & clever), need to read the current science behind the problems with artificial sweeteners!!
I agree, everything in moderation, artificial sweetners are not good for anyone and in particular children, adults also should not use them if they have bowel problems like IBS and caeliac disease as it can cause severe tummt upsets.