Mum reveals ‘no folding’ laundry hack - genius or just lazy?

It's a story many parents and grandparents can relate to. When the laundry piles up, it's tempting to put off doing it, leading to hours spent sorting through loads of wrinkled clothes.

But one mum has come up with a life-changing hack to cut her laundry time in half.

Tiffany Lee took to TikTok to share her genius trick - and she's calling out the 'lazy' label that often comes with it. In her post, which has garnered over 800,000 views, Tiffany showed her thousands of followers how!

She said that she saves time by using separate baskets for each family member and not folding clothes when putting them on the cube shelves.

Once the clothes are done in the dryer, she throws them in the respective bins, then takes them up to the children's rooms and puts them away in the cube shelves without folding them.

And that's it! Other parents flooded the comments section with words of praise, thanking Tiffany for her clever hack. 'You win the internet,' one person wrote, while another said, 'I approve of this message! I don't even separate colours when I wash them [and] I don't put socks together.'

But despite being praised in the comments section, Tiffany said she was often called 'lazy' for her shortcut.

'I was called lazy for doing this, but I think it's genius,' she captioned her video.

But it's clear that getting the pile of laundry done quickly and efficiently is far more important than how it's done. When the people in your house are all happy and dressed for the day, that's what really matters!

Is it okay to skip folding clothes?

Do you ever find yourself dreading the task of folding laundry? Maybe you're the type of person who would rather just stuff your clothes into a drawer and call it a day. But did you know that there are some significant benefits to properly folding your laundry that might just make the task worth it?

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 6.14.50 AM.png
For some people, folding the laundry is a dull chore, one that is better off being replaced by just stuffing one's clothes in an empty drawer. Credit: Unsplash/Sarah Brown.

For starters, folding your clothes allows for much more efficient use of storage space. Instead of trying to cram everything into a drawer or suitcase, properly folded clothes take up less space and make it easier to store everything in one place.

Plus, it reduces the risk of having to find a new spot for clothes that don't fit with the rest.

But that's not all – folding your laundry can also help reduce wrinkles and creases, so you can look your best when you're out and about. Plus, keeping your clothes organised and easily accessible can make your daily routine much more peaceful and stress-free.

So next time you're faced with a pile of laundry, consider taking the extra time to fold everything properly – your future self will thank you!

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 6.14.45 AM.png
Sorting and folding your clothes doesn't have to be your least favourite chore. Credit: Unsplash/Dan Gold.

If you're someone who dreads the thought of folding laundry, there are a few simple tips and tricks that can make the process feel less like a chore.

First, try incorporating some entertainment into your folding routine. Put on your favourite TV show or podcast, crank up some music, or watch a few YouTube videos while you work. This can make the time fly by and make folding feel less tedious.

Another helpful tip is to use a folding board, which can help you quickly and easily fold your clothes into neat, perfectly square shapes. You can find folding boards at many retailers, such as Kmart.

Finally, to make the process more manageable, try taking out any hanging clothes first. This will help reduce the pile of clothes that need to be folded and make the task feel less daunting. Grab a pile of hangers before you start, and place any clothes that need to be hung on them.

Then, when it's time to put away the hanging clothes, you can easily grab the pile and hang them up in the correct closets.

By following these simple tips, you may find that folding laundry becomes a much less daunting task – and you might even find yourself enjoying it!

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 6.14.38 AM.png
Wearing smooth, properly folded attire both looks good and feels right. Credit: Unsplash/Nimble Made.

So there you have it, some handy tips to make folding laundry feel less like a chore! Whether you incorporate some entertainment, use a folding board, or start by hanging up your clothes first, there are plenty of ways to make the task more manageable.

Now, we want to hear from you! Have you tried any of these tips before? Do you have any other strategies for making folding laundry more enjoyable? Let us know in the comments – we'd love to hear from you!

Sponsored
It's a story many parents and grandparents can relate to. When the laundry piles up, it's tempting to put off doing it, leading to hours spent sorting through loads of wrinkled clothes.

But one mum has come up with a life-changing hack to cut her laundry time in half.

Tiffany Lee took to TikTok to share her genius trick - and she's calling out the 'lazy' label that often comes with it. In her post, which has garnered over 800,000 views, Tiffany showed her thousands of followers how!

She said that she saves time by using separate baskets for each family member and not folding clothes when putting them on the cube shelves.

Once the clothes are done in the dryer, she throws them in the respective bins, then takes them up to the children's rooms and puts them away in the cube shelves without folding them.

And that's it! Other parents flooded the comments section with words of praise, thanking Tiffany for her clever hack. 'You win the internet,' one person wrote, while another said, 'I approve of this message! I don't even separate colours when I wash them [and] I don't put socks together.'

But despite being praised in the comments section, Tiffany said she was often called 'lazy' for her shortcut.

'I was called lazy for doing this, but I think it's genius,' she captioned her video.

But it's clear that getting the pile of laundry done quickly and efficiently is far more important than how it's done. When the people in your house are all happy and dressed for the day, that's what really matters!

Do you ever find yourself dreading the task of folding laundry? Maybe you're the type of person who would rather just stuff your clothes into a drawer and call it a day. But did you know that there are some significant benefits to properly folding your laundry that might just make the task worth it?

View attachment 15907
For some people, folding the laundry is a dull chore, one that is better off being replaced by just stuffing one's clothes in an empty drawer. Credit: Unsplash/Sarah Brown.

For starters, folding your clothes allows for much more efficient use of storage space. Instead of trying to cram everything into a drawer or suitcase, properly folded clothes take up less space and make it easier to store everything in one place.

Plus, it reduces the risk of having to find a new spot for clothes that don't fit with the rest.

But that's not all – folding your laundry can also help reduce wrinkles and creases, so you can look your best when you're out and about. Plus, keeping your clothes organised and easily accessible can make your daily routine much more peaceful and stress-free.

So next time you're faced with a pile of laundry, consider taking the extra time to fold everything properly – your future self will thank you!

View attachment 15908
Sorting and folding your clothes doesn't have to be your least favourite chore. Credit: Unsplash/Dan Gold.

If you're someone who dreads the thought of folding laundry, there are a few simple tips and tricks that can make the process feel less like a chore.

First, try incorporating some entertainment into your folding routine. Put on your favourite TV show or podcast, crank up some music, or watch a few YouTube videos while you work. This can make the time fly by and make folding feel less tedious.

Another helpful tip is to use a folding board, which can help you quickly and easily fold your clothes into neat, perfectly square shapes. You can find folding boards at many retailers, such as Kmart.

Finally, to make the process more manageable, try taking out any hanging clothes first. This will help reduce the pile of clothes that need to be folded and make the task feel less daunting. Grab a pile of hangers before you start, and place any clothes that need to be hung on them.

Then, when it's time to put away the hanging clothes, you can easily grab the pile and hang them up in the correct closets.

By following these simple tips, you may find that folding laundry becomes a much less daunting task – and you might even find yourself enjoying it!

View attachment 15909
Wearing smooth, properly folded attire both looks good and feels right. Credit: Unsplash/Nimble Made.

So there you have it, some handy tips to make folding laundry feel less like a chore! Whether you incorporate some entertainment, use a folding board, or start by hanging up your clothes first, there are plenty of ways to make the task more manageable.

Now, we want to hear from you! Have you tried any of these tips before? Do you have any other strategies for making folding laundry more enjoyable? Let us know in the comments – we'd love to hear from you!

I guess if you want to look like your clothes have just come out of the bin all wrinkled and creased, then this hack is for you, but with a little folding and hanging your clothes , then you will always look like you take care of yourself, why spend on beautiful clothes and not take care of them, it only takes a few extra minutes and the reward is you looking great❤️

View attachment 15907

View attachment 15908

View attachment 15909

I have a group of coat hangers to use outside so I use a hanger on the line when drying shirts, tops and the like, it saves ironing most of the time. 👍😀

I have a group of coat hangers to use outside so I use a hanger on the line when drying shirts, tops and the like, it saves ironing most of the time. 👍😀
I bought a hand held steamer and it’s amazing, steam while they are hanging on the coat hanger, clothes look fabulous in a matter of seconds, no more ironing when you can get beautiful crease free clothes without dragging out the iron and ironing board ❤️

Makes one wonder what the rest of her house looks like!!! The epitomy of laziness!! Put things on hangers on the line, fold up the rest as you get them off the line. Take pride in your home and how your family look.

View attachment 15907

View attachment 15908

View attachment 15909

Yes, putting them on hangers to dry is excellent and we do that too. But first, why not buy shirts, trousers, skirts, dresses and blouses that don’t crease in the first place? Undies should not be such a problem to fold & put away. And above all, if you have the time, don’t do your full laundry only on the weekend. Do smaller loads more often if you can - that will lessen the chore of putting away a huge load. Modern washing machines have load sensors or you can set your machine manually to a low wash load, thereby eliminating water wastage.

I must admit sheets can be a nuisance to fold, especially fitted ones, so please don’t tell me there is a special way to do that as I have seen videos of it. Like most, you see the video but are so entrenched in your own ways that you can’t be bothered following a video ‘tutorial’. And that goes for me, but I’m not complaining as my husband usually gets that job!! Ha, ha! AND I never iron sheets, such a waste of time if folded ASAP as they’re going to get creased the moment you get into bed anyhow!

Last edited:

View attachment 15907

View attachment 15908

View attachment 15909

Love it, I use to do that with underwear, socks I threw in a basket and the girls got their own, I did put mine and my husbands away. Having 4 daughters I got sick of figuring it out, go you

Reactions: Granny*Deb

View attachment 15907

View attachment 15908

View attachment 15909

It never ceases to amaze me when people come up with "hacks". I have been doing this since 1984. I started work again when my youngest was 15, he is now 53. I wash the clothes, shake them out, hang them out to dry, give them a little stretch if needed. When dry, I smooth them and fold them immediately. Most clothing these days are man made material that does'nt crease anyway....
Yes, putting them on hangers to dry is excellent and we do that too. But first, why not buy shirts, trousers, skirts, dresses and blouses that don’t crease in the first place? Undies should not be such a problem to fold & put away. And above all, if you have the time, don’t do your full laundry only on the weekend. Do smaller loads more often if you can - that will lessen the chore of putting away a huge load. Modern washing machines have load sensors or you can set your machine manually to a low wash load, thereby eliminating water wastage.

I must admit sheets can be a nuisance to fold, especially fitted ones, so please don’t tell me there is a special way to do that as I have seen videos of it. Like most, you see the video but are so entrenched in your own ways that you can’t be bothered following a video ‘tutorial’. And that goes for me, but I’m not complaining as my husband usually gets that job!! Ha, ha! AND I never iron sheets, such a waste of time if folded ASAP as they’re going to get creased the moment you get into bed anyhow!
Same here. I've never ironed tea towels. Mum always folded them in half longways, and as soon as they are in the clothes basket they get folded....my kids and grandies do the same....

A lovely lady at Adairs showed me how to fold fitted sheets, so simple, there is a video showing how❤️ makes folding a breeze and they look great.

I guess it's an age thing. I'm a retired house husband and would no sooner put clothes away unfolded or unhung, than fly. I'm a Baby Boomer, my son is a Millenium who would love this "hack" mainly because it applies to him. At least he does the washing, sometimes sorts, but very rarely folds. He DOES, however, hang his work shirts which if done straight from the dryer, negates ironing.

View attachment 15907

View attachment 15908

View attachment 15909

Hi,
I put my clothes etc on the clothes line so when I take them off I fold them there and then. I saves a lot of extra time and creases, it's especially great for taking sheets and soon covers off as I don't put over the line I just get the Ed top and bottom Ed nsw and peg on line, the just fold over when I take the pegs off. Makes it so much easier when you're got Queen/King/Super King sheets etc and fitted sheets.

Reactions: Julie1946
I fo

View attachment 15907

View attachment 15908

View attachment 15909

l