Mum proudly shows off bathroom renovation after her husband and father-in-law spent New Year’s Eve transforming her loo

Mum proudly shows off bathroom renovation after her husband and father-in-law spent New Year’s Eve transforming her loo
It is no secret that one of our biggest interests is improving our homes on a budget.

For one Aussie family, renovating their outdated bathroom has been their bonding activity over the Christmas and New Year period.

A busy NSW mum, Gabrielle Connelly, proudly showed off pictures of her dream bathroom on Instagram.

Cd38c8vMJ03kaZAyoDC--FF_5JxHKJhV_gWulku1xLSBGEUMXFACCa75DEPwiJF0V6ess35n7ZhkIDEeWM-24X8L29ccac3WTJaOOYbITmujgFabjzk4aVQzBuGYaG5g5wH7yvc

The posh-looking bathroom is the result of the renovations done by Gabrielle Connelly’s husband and father-in-law over New Year’s Eve. Credit: Instagram/Gabrielle Rose.

57IFBwRY2icwFvinuOMODdv3bFB93PRN5byS51RDI_BNg6JBRUbnFirKLYQD7OAaUBFhQyZjzLslKk5ADlhKIyxLOx3tPykPQQtF2HEKeoMjrfVL_sdyAAaW_yNlZ5hwL9Xz5PQ

A before photo of the bathroom. Credit: Instagram/Gabrielle Rose.

The mum, who lives in Banora Point in northern NSW, said that her husband and father-in-law spent New Year's Eve to bring her and her family's dream bathroom to life.

'It is the best $2,600 I have ever spent,' she said.

PwZWTPdPiI2vPgNiN7ugUV4vUD2Nd8UFYiOujl8uckVgIkOxGSeYo8aexcH7Tvix-tPFY_QOG1Pgt7-gUIZG6zlDavjc0bXulRjE_BuLUzFFHEaS1Tn7g6hw2g0Sq6eK-_7S5XY

Gabrielle said that she’s impressed with how her husband has met her brief of having a ‘Byron Bay’ inspiration. Credit: Instagram/Gabrielle Rose.

She also shared that the time they spent installing the new bathroom fixtures took shorter than the time they spent choosing the best accessories, swapping out the vanity mirror, tap wear and window dressing with new ones and adding stylish towel hooks.

And the new fixtures did wonders by complementing the home's coastal aesthetic without needing to change any structural elements of the bathroom.

Gabrielle said: 'Totally fits my Byron Bay retreat inspo brief I gave my husband.'

Although the bathroom already looks impressive, the mum said that the renovation is not finished yet as she would like to add a frameless shower screen and modern toilet, noting that the additional $900 cost for the finishing touches will be well worth it.

hVHZQ-83SW1mz7O6gWFHteUUVoNmUR0w0BQyuo2DG00AnVvmn0dP91YLoq73Otg6ZfWQQwf_pi3fmcXBl99BLc7IBgSB3Ii3ZxT6USJQ_OXhSD__zTfe9H9ld96UoAAuR8h73zo
M-_s3EsXsYZ6NYojsYMo2txAisKCbU8YW4QsdHEFGOuEUNX4g84vhoISAwc9fm0e4oG8TqALzp1hq9nyLPJG1NBXaoiMKvJk6pJJNCgxsmcpSL2DTjtundlciwgLDq7XbNK9yPI

Gabrielle said that spending $2600 for this renovation is well worth it. Credit: Instagram/Gabrielle Rose.

Social media users sang their praises over the bathroom transformation.

One woman wrote: 'This has given me so much inspiration - looks awesome, well done.'

Do you also have home renovations that you're proud of? Share the transformation photos with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Jersey
Sponsored
Great that the family bonded while creating this lovely bathroom. However, those towels are hanging far too close to the toilet for my liking ...

Reactions: Gaena and Kgee
Not a renovation story, however after years of renting homes with outdated and often dirty and badly stained bathrooms along with the constant frustration of trying to clean glass shower screens that previous tenants had neglected, we didn't just opt for frameless shower screens when we finally built our own home but left out glass frames altogether and had extra long walk-in, showers installed in both bathrooms . no glass at all just fully tiled walls where the screens would normally be. Both toilets have a door separating them from the bathroom area and also no bathtub was included in either room as neither I nor my husband enjoy using a tub so it would have been just an expensive and unused item to keep on cleaning.

Reactions: Vinylted and KatKop
It is no secret that one of our biggest interests is improving our homes on a budget.

For one Aussie family, renovating their outdated bathroom has been their bonding activity over the Christmas and New Year period.

A busy NSW mum, Gabrielle Connelly, proudly showed off pictures of her dream bathroom on Instagram.

Cd38c8vMJ03kaZAyoDC--FF_5JxHKJhV_gWulku1xLSBGEUMXFACCa75DEPwiJF0V6ess35n7ZhkIDEeWM-24X8L29ccac3WTJaOOYbITmujgFabjzk4aVQzBuGYaG5g5wH7yvc

The posh-looking bathroom is the result of the renovations done by Gabrielle Connelly’s husband and father-in-law over New Year’s Eve. Credit: Instagram/Gabrielle Rose.

57IFBwRY2icwFvinuOMODdv3bFB93PRN5byS51RDI_BNg6JBRUbnFirKLYQD7OAaUBFhQyZjzLslKk5ADlhKIyxLOx3tPykPQQtF2HEKeoMjrfVL_sdyAAaW_yNlZ5hwL9Xz5PQ

A before photo of the bathroom. Credit: Instagram/Gabrielle Rose.

The mum, who lives in Banora Point in northern NSW, said that her husband and father-in-law spent New Year's Eve to bring her and her family's dream bathroom to life.

'It is the best $2,600 I have ever spent,' she said.

PwZWTPdPiI2vPgNiN7ugUV4vUD2Nd8UFYiOujl8uckVgIkOxGSeYo8aexcH7Tvix-tPFY_QOG1Pgt7-gUIZG6zlDavjc0bXulRjE_BuLUzFFHEaS1Tn7g6hw2g0Sq6eK-_7S5XY

Gabrielle said that she’s impressed with how her husband has met her brief of having a ‘Byron Bay’ inspiration. Credit: Instagram/Gabrielle Rose.

She also shared that the time they spent installing the new bathroom fixtures took shorter than the time they spent choosing the best accessories, swapping out the vanity mirror, tap wear and window dressing with new ones and adding stylish towel hooks.

And the new fixtures did wonders by complementing the home's coastal aesthetic without needing to change any structural elements of the bathroom.

Gabrielle said: 'Totally fits my Byron Bay retreat inspo brief I gave my husband.'

Although the bathroom already looks impressive, the mum said that the renovation is not finished yet as she would like to add a frameless shower screen and modern toilet, noting that the additional $900 cost for the finishing touches will be well worth it.

hVHZQ-83SW1mz7O6gWFHteUUVoNmUR0w0BQyuo2DG00AnVvmn0dP91YLoq73Otg6ZfWQQwf_pi3fmcXBl99BLc7IBgSB3Ii3ZxT6USJQ_OXhSD__zTfe9H9ld96UoAAuR8h73zo
M-_s3EsXsYZ6NYojsYMo2txAisKCbU8YW4QsdHEFGOuEUNX4g84vhoISAwc9fm0e4oG8TqALzp1hq9nyLPJG1NBXaoiMKvJk6pJJNCgxsmcpSL2DTjtundlciwgLDq7XbNK9yPI

Gabrielle said that spending $2600 for this renovation is well worth it. Credit: Instagram/Gabrielle Rose.

Social media users sang their praises over the bathroom transformation.

One woman wrote: 'This has given me so much inspiration - looks awesome, well done.'

Do you also have home renovations that you're proud of? Share the transformation photos with us in the comments below!
Although I like the kitsch wall hooks, only 1-2 are required for gown or wraps.
AIR cannot circulate through folds of hooked towels. It is vital that all towels be hung wide and open, (preferably in the sun), to dry, which impedes bacterial growth and increase of dead skin eaters.
Sun shine kills bacterial, dead skin eaters, bed bugs.
Old movies show quilts being aired over balconies & railings, bcz people knew sunlight and fresh air killed germs and was good for your health.

Reactions: KatKop