Mum-of-two discovers 'kitchen disaster' after toddlers scatter paint EVERYWHERE

What was supposed to be a simple kitchen remodelling and repainting session turned into a full-blown disaster after two troublemaking tots, and a bucket of white paint, were left to their own devices.

Mum-of-two Hayley Kidd from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, was in the middle of a kitchen revamping when she left her children, 4-year-old Bonnie and 1-year-old Harry, playing outside in the yard.

Thinking that her kids were occupied outside to leave the kitchen unattended, the young mum went upstairs for a quick 5-minute toilet break.

However, when she returned, she was met with a nasty surprise that cost her $880 and quite a headache.

a23e208abbe519fc13821a30f6d39e50

Bonnie and Harry were caught splashing paint everywhere in their kitchen. Credit: Kennedy News and Media.

After taking a few minutes to go to the loo, the young mum from the UK returned to the kitchen and was absolutely gobsmacked to find her two youngsters and her kitchen (the floors, cupboards, surfaces, even the appliances and electrical sockets, everything!) all covered in white paint.

Hayley remembers leaving the tub of white paint on the kitchen bench, way out of reach of her two toddlers.

However, it seemed like Bonnie climbed up to get to it and then used a ladle to throw it around the room and at her younger brother, who followed behind from the yard.

"It's quite possibly the worst day of my life," said the mum.

In a hilarious photo snapped by Hayley during the paint incident, the two naughty kids can be seen caught in the act, with Bonnie crouched over the exploded bucket with a guilty face and her younger brother Harry on the kitchen floor – both of them dripping with white paint.

"I can't describe how quickly it happened," said Hayley, recalling the experience. "I had no words, there was a moment of pause and silence while I took it in."

While the mum admitted that she was not happy with her children messing around with paint in the kitchen, she also said that she was not angry at them. She even found the whole thing "funny" enough to share on social media.

After snapping a quick photo of the incident, Hayley quickly rushed her children upstairs for a shower to wash off the paint. After she was done with the kids, she went to work on her kitchen again. This time, using cereal boxes to scrape the paint away, which she spent 12 hours trying to remove.

The young mum said it cost her $880 to clean up the mess, which included replacing her oven, air fryer, microwave, and electrical sockets.

In retrospect, Hayley says the incident has ultimately made her a better parent.

We admire your patience, Hayley!

What about you, folks? What do you think would you do in this situation? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored

What was supposed to be a simple kitchen remodelling and repainting session turned into a full-blown disaster after two troublemaking tots, and a bucket of white paint, were left to their own devices.

Mum-of-two Hayley Kidd from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, was in the middle of a kitchen revamping when she left her children, 4-year-old Bonnie and 1-year-old Harry, playing outside in the yard.

Thinking that her kids were occupied outside to leave the kitchen unattended, the young mum went upstairs for a quick 5-minute toilet break.

However, when she returned, she was met with a nasty surprise that cost her $880 and quite a headache.

Bonnie and Harry were caught splashing paint everywhere in their kitchen. Credit: Kennedy News and Media.

After taking a few minutes to go to the loo, the young mum from the UK returned to the kitchen and was absolutely gobsmacked to find her two youngsters and her kitchen (the floors, cupboards, surfaces, even the appliances and electrical sockets, everything!) all covered in white paint.

Hayley remembers leaving the tub of white paint on the kitchen bench, way out of reach of her two toddlers.

However, it seemed like Bonnie climbed up to get to it and then used a ladle to throw it around the room and at her younger brother, who followed behind from the yard.

In a hilarious photo snapped by Hayley during the paint incident, the two naughty kids can be seen caught in the act, with Bonnie crouched over the exploded bucket with a guilty face and her younger brother Harry on the kitchen floor – both of them dripping with white paint.

"I can't describe how quickly it happened," said Hayley, recalling the experience. "I had no words, there was a moment of pause and silence while I took it in."

While the mum admitted that she was not happy with her children messing around with paint in the kitchen, she also said that she was not angry at them. She even found the whole thing "funny" enough to share on social media.

After snapping a quick photo of the incident, Hayley quickly rushed her children upstairs for a shower to wash off the paint. After she was done with the kids, she went to work on her kitchen again. This time, using cereal boxes to scrape the paint away, which she spent 12 hours trying to remove.

The young mum said it cost her $880 to clean up the mess, which included replacing her oven, air fryer, microwave, and electrical sockets.

In retrospect, Hayley says the incident has ultimately made her a better parent.

What about you, folks? What do you think would you do in this situation? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
I think she was gone for longer than 5 minutes

Never trust when kids are quiet. Keep the photos for their wedding day and warn the bride about their renovation skills.

So first big parenting mega mistake, she left a 4 year old & 1 year old out in the backyard ALONE, unsupervised! Then mistake no 2 she doesn’t think that perhaps she should just put the lid back on the paint!!! Wowsa 🤪🤪🤪

Probably going to get shot down in flames here but in the story she said she was not angry with them, FGS why not ?? Children will not learn respect if they are not taught that sometimes their actions have consequences. I am not advocating that they should have been beaten within an inch of their lives but their mum showing some anger at them would at least indicate that their actions were wrong and that mum was not impressed by it. No doubt I will be told that I am wrong but I cannot help but think about what my mothers reaction would have been and NO I was not an abused child.

Probably going to get shot down in flames here but in the story she said she was not angry with them, FGS why not ?? Children will not learn respect if they are not taught that sometimes their actions have consequences. I am not advocating that they should have been beaten within an inch of their lives but their mum showing some anger at them would at least indicate that their actions were wrong and that mum was not impressed by it. No doubt I will be told that I am wrong but I cannot help but think about what my mothers reaction would have been and NO I was not an abused child.
I fully agree how can they learn if what they do is wrong is they are not told but I still give credit to mum for admitting to her error in not thinking they could possibly do what they did.

Reactions: Gaena
Who charged $880? What did they do? The paint was still wet and although not an easy job, certainly doable at home with rags, scraper and possibly paint remover if it starts to dry.

My goodness I am speechless folks. 880 bucks was NEVER my luck in the bank @ her children's ages. I would have found another way out, & no attempts whatsoever to say anything else. xxx to all readers.