Mum-of-one who coped by eating Maccas daily during pregnancy reveals shocking weight loss: “You’re allowed to treat yourself”

A packet of nuggets or a McFlurry has the power to tempt even the most strong-willed when it comes to having a tasty treat. Coupled with the stress of long work hours and a bub on the way, sometimes enjoying junk food is the little thing you need to get you through. However, as you’ll learn reading on, this behaviour takes a toll on your body.

An Adelaide mum decided to turn her life around after developing unhealthy eating habits during and after her pregnancy.

83Pelcqo4EZA10cxZsIlyAnx4FLiseqKLIiO7dbPLqO4DWZfb_kxEgQmVqUNczhby6sKPIxStIyTfbIwLvyjPpMupxInMW6Ca_urymv5NqMvVhADfZNv6F_7NLnVN6EQNZO4BLwo

An Adelaide mum had given birth to a baby girl but found herself feeling uncomfortable with her post-pregnancy body. Credit: Jam Press.

Alex Moore found out she was pregnant at the end of 2019. Because of the long hours working as a dental nurse, she began to develop unhealthy eating habits.

“I really stacked on the weight and would eat McDonald’s at least once a day,” said the 24-year-old mum.

“I was starting early, so I’d usually get hash brown, egg and bacon muffin and hot chocolate for breakfast. And then for lunch, I’d order a Quarter Pounder or Big Mac meal, a chocolate sundae and extra chicken nuggets with mayo.”

“My mental health throughout most of my pregnancy was fine. However, I did struggle towards the end after realising how much weight I had gained and not recognising myself.”

Ms Moore welcomed her daughter, Alora, in May 2020, but was unable to feel good about herself completely.

“I didn’t want to go out anywhere to show her off; I just wanted to hide away,” said the mum.

“I felt guilty I’d given birth to a beautiful baby girl, but I was so embarrassed about how I looked, so I never wanted my picture taken with her.”

“I constantly heard ‘Your body will never be the same’ and ‘You will always have a mum tum, learn to love it’, but I didn’t want to be like that, so I used it as motivation.”

It was then that she decided to transform her body for her sake and her daughter.

L8Lzx2l1JBmrJgfwa4duiWB-6B9UHSNgSzDKFms2NgT6BH3AF5LBc5mLzdafHJHyVCEpH7QVgOdYaCGiebomSpgxMxkvnFfnrx-_9QTnTMH8f-T9sEBv6pcmKim6AoUDa-Cbe08D

Midway through her pregnancy, she began to eat unhealthily. Credit: Jam Press.

Ms Moore began to follow a ‘strict military regimen’ to kickstart her weight loss journey.

“I worked my a** off at the gym going at 5 am every morning and going for 6km walks every day,” she said.

She also completely overhauled her diet and eating habits. Instead of ‘three small meals’, she now regularly eats larger portions, packed with nutritious ingredients, throughout the day.

“I don’t really count macros or calories. I just try to eat mainly whole foods,” she said.

“I no longer turn down opportunities to eat out and enjoy treats without guilt.”

The mum-of-one has lost 38 kilos since the start of her weight loss journey and is healthier and happier than ever.

Ms Moore said it’s essential to have a ‘healthy relationship with food and exercise’, and she’s hoping others feel inspired by her weight loss journey.

“I really want to show other mums what you can achieve when you set goals and are determined enough to achieve them,” she said.

“I also want people to know that it’s important not to neglect self-care just because you’re a mother – you’re allowed to treat yourself and do things just for yourself.”

Sponsored
Same, I thought she lost weight during pregnancy by eating Maccas daily.
Not so. She stacked weight on during pregnancy while eating Maccas daily.
Only after delivery, due to embarrassment, she decided to lose weight and improve her life-style for her daughter's sake.

Mum-of-one who coped by eating Maccas daily during pregnancy reveals shocking weight loss: “You’re allowed to treat yourself”

A packet of nuggets or a McFlurry has the power to tempt even the most strong-willed when it comes to having a tasty treat. Coupled with the stress of long work hours and a bub on the way, sometimes enjoying junk food is the little thing you need to get you through. However, as you’ll learn reading on, this behaviour takes a toll on your body.

An Adelaide mum decided to turn her life around after developing unhealthy eating habits during and after her pregnancy.

83Pelcqo4EZA10cxZsIlyAnx4FLiseqKLIiO7dbPLqO4DWZfb_kxEgQmVqUNczhby6sKPIxStIyTfbIwLvyjPpMupxInMW6Ca_urymv5NqMvVhADfZNv6F_7NLnVN6EQNZO4BLwo

An Adelaide mum had given birth to a baby girl but found herself feeling uncomfortable with her post-pregnancy body. Credit: Jam Press.

Alex Moore found out she was pregnant at the end of 2019. Because of the long hours working as a dental nurse, she began to develop unhealthy eating habits.

“I really stacked on the weight and would eat McDonald’s at least once a day,” said the 24-year-old mum.

“I was starting early, so I’d usually get hash brown, egg and bacon muffin and hot chocolate for breakfast. And then for lunch, I’d order a Quarter Pounder or Big Mac meal, a chocolate sundae and extra chicken nuggets with mayo.”

“My mental health throughout most of my pregnancy was fine. However, I did struggle towards the end after realising how much weight I had gained and not recognising myself.”

Ms Moore welcomed her daughter, Alora, in May 2020, but was unable to feel good about herself completely.

“I didn’t want to go out anywhere to show her off; I just wanted to hide away,” said the mum.

“I felt guilty I’d given birth to a beautiful baby girl, but I was so embarrassed about how I looked, so I never wanted my picture taken with her.”

“I constantly heard ‘Your body will never be the same’ and ‘You will always have a mum tum, learn to love it’, but I didn’t want to be like that, so I used it as motivation.”

It was then that she decided to transform her body for her sake and her daughter.

L8Lzx2l1JBmrJgfwa4duiWB-6B9UHSNgSzDKFms2NgT6BH3AF5LBc5mLzdafHJHyVCEpH7QVgOdYaCGiebomSpgxMxkvnFfnrx-_9QTnTMH8f-T9sEBv6pcmKim6AoUDa-Cbe08D

Midway through her pregnancy, she began to eat unhealthily. Credit: Jam Press.

Ms Moore began to follow a ‘strict military regimen’ to kickstart her weight loss journey.

“I worked my a** off at the gym going at 5 am every morning and going for 6km walks every day,” she said.

She also completely overhauled her diet and eating habits. Instead of ‘three small meals’, she now regularly eats larger portions, packed with nutritious ingredients, throughout the day.

“I don’t really count macros or calories. I just try to eat mainly whole foods,” she said.

“I no longer turn down opportunities to eat out and enjoy treats without guilt.”

The mum-of-one has lost 38 kilos since the start of her weight loss journey and is healthier and happier than ever.

Ms Moore said it’s essential to have a ‘healthy relationship with food and exercise’, and she’s hoping others feel inspired by her weight loss journey.

“I really want to show other mums what you can achieve when you set goals and are determined enough to achieve them,” she said.

“I also want people to know that it’s important not to neglect self-care just because you’re a mother – you’re allowed to treat yourself and do things just for yourself.”
I found this misleading as well. Thoughts were l better begin the macDonald’s diet right now and enjoy it, but there was nothing to see, I cannot exercise in that way, so my extra weight will have to stay ☹️

Reactions: KatKop and Ricci