Mum of boy with autism left speechless over an ALDI checkout kindness: 'It was a bad day turned great'

We love hearing inspiring stories here at the SDC, especially ones that involve employees going above and beyond for their customers.

Recently, one such story has been making the rounds on social media, and it's definitely put a smile on our faces.

A mum whose son was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) has shared her gratitude to a staff member at her local ALDI supermarket and a fellow shopper for their act of kindness.

Posting on a popular Facebook group, the mum from NSW said that things were not looking good for her during a recent visit to the supermarket because her son was 'bouncing around the shop' and was clearly in distress.

Then, she also began to panic when she realised that she was a few dollars short when it was time to pay for her groceries at the checkout.

4vDAleNN5k1ADsu5uBq6zsUleOpXKrnXM9bMEUiU8gWLDP9ergpdcUp9o_ryFmFC97ew2aDVYBhi_HqLTDgO5MHjU_tbBtxMAILJQZztoIs2uEVltBSSD6v7ZrfNAeazjZ0W1dRuMgij8kPrTS0bqtiYKfU_9ByDLyuIhmz-wqi4xMUrGikPZxdOXQ

The mum recalled a lovely gesture made towards her family at their local ALDI. Credit: iStockphoto.

Luckily, the kind actions of the ALDI checkout worker and another shopper helped change her mood for the better.

The guy behind the checkout counter chatted with her son to calm him down while scanning her items, and then a fellow shopper (a stranger!) paid for the remaining balance on her account.

'All my faith in humanity has been restored today after visiting my local ALDI in NSW,' said the mum.

'It was a bad day turned great.'

The mum's post was met with an outpouring of sympathy from other parents and shoppers who have been in similar situations.

One person wrote that they, too, have experienced a similar act of kindness, recalling: 'I remember when I was going through one of the worst times of my life.'

'A stranger – he didn't know me, didn't know what I had going on – walked out and paid for my fuel before I could even say "thank you".'

'I love hearing similar stories. Money really is just money, and it really restored my faith in humanity when we care for each other like this.'

4g0Ep9KLLsYQfAp3Ib0VQlWeeagFZRkrMRZpjsHsmDJsSoqT9LIb0f8i2mgukRrlMND9z_AioYW7o8ODWNMFrM-qMV6K5eYqUqbk7tWu_0KVEeQL9souvQDzyKwXOweJtW1jzTF2MhZFM9FBpmebd2svMH3HkjJiq0C2VsKLwb8F9HwMN4vGanAgnA

A lot of other shoppers told stories about being treated kindly in supermarkets. Credit: Getty. (Stock photo)

Meanwhile, another shared that they had seen similar acts of kindness at the supermarket.

'I saw it happen the other day. A lady was having problems with her new bank card,' said one user, and recalled: 'She was counting out change – the man who went before handed over $50, and the lady behind her had $10.'

'She and her children got their groceries, and it was lovely to see.'

A third recalled their own positive experience at the supermarket checkout, saying: 'Not ALDI, but I had two screaming twin babies at a checkout in Woolies.'

'They opened a checkout for me, unpacked my groceries, packed them and loaded them into the car. Fourteen years later, I still remember their kindness.'

A big thank you to the staff member and the kind-hearted shopper because gestures like these will not only make an immediate difference in the lives of the recipients but also serve as reminders to other people that there are still many acts of kindness and unity to be found in the world.

Have you experienced similar positive moments at the checkout, members? Share them with us in the comments below!

Also, for those of you who are interested in learning more about autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and the things that parents can do to help their children, we recommend watching this video:

Credit: Rogers Behavioural Health.

Sponsored
Great to hear uplifting stories. Should be more of them. My husband and I have practiced the art of Paying if Forward for many years. WE give more than we get but we will never complain of that as the joy of giving is amazing.

We love hearing inspiring stories here at the SDC, especially ones that involve employees going above and beyond for their customers.

Recently, one such story has been making the rounds on social media, and it's definitely put a smile on our faces.

A mum whose son was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) has shared her gratitude to a staff member at her local ALDI supermarket and a fellow shopper for their act of kindness.

Posting on a popular Facebook group, the mum from NSW said that things were not looking good for her during a recent visit to the supermarket because her son was 'bouncing around the shop' and was clearly in distress.

Then, she also began to panic when she realised that she was a few dollars short when it was time to pay for her groceries at the checkout.

4vDAleNN5k1ADsu5uBq6zsUleOpXKrnXM9bMEUiU8gWLDP9ergpdcUp9o_ryFmFC97ew2aDVYBhi_HqLTDgO5MHjU_tbBtxMAILJQZztoIs2uEVltBSSD6v7ZrfNAeazjZ0W1dRuMgij8kPrTS0bqtiYKfU_9ByDLyuIhmz-wqi4xMUrGikPZxdOXQ

The mum recalled a lovely gesture made towards her family at their local ALDI. Credit: iStockphoto.

Luckily, the kind actions of the ALDI checkout worker and another shopper helped change her mood for the better.

The guy behind the checkout counter chatted with her son to calm him down while scanning her items, and then a fellow shopper (a stranger!) paid for the remaining balance on her account.

'All my faith in humanity has been restored today after visiting my local ALDI in NSW,' said the mum.

'It was a bad day turned great.'

The mum's post was met with an outpouring of sympathy from other parents and shoppers who have been in similar situations.

One person wrote that they, too, have experienced a similar act of kindness, recalling: 'I remember when I was going through one of the worst times of my life.'

'A stranger – he didn't know me, didn't know what I had going on – walked out and paid for my fuel before I could even say "thank you".'

'I love hearing similar stories. Money really is just money, and it really restored my faith in humanity when we care for each other like this.'

4g0Ep9KLLsYQfAp3Ib0VQlWeeagFZRkrMRZpjsHsmDJsSoqT9LIb0f8i2mgukRrlMND9z_AioYW7o8ODWNMFrM-qMV6K5eYqUqbk7tWu_0KVEeQL9souvQDzyKwXOweJtW1jzTF2MhZFM9FBpmebd2svMH3HkjJiq0C2VsKLwb8F9HwMN4vGanAgnA

A lot of other shoppers told stories about being treated kindly in supermarkets. Credit: Getty. (Stock photo)

Meanwhile, another shared that they had seen similar acts of kindness at the supermarket.

'I saw it happen the other day. A lady was having problems with her new bank card,' said one user, and recalled: 'She was counting out change – the man who went before handed over $50, and the lady behind her had $10.'

'She and her children got their groceries, and it was lovely to see.'

A third recalled their own positive experience at the supermarket checkout, saying: 'Not ALDI, but I had two screaming twin babies at a checkout in Woolies.'

'They opened a checkout for me, unpacked my groceries, packed them and loaded them into the car. Fourteen years later, I still remember their kindness.'

A big thank you to the staff member and the kind-hearted shopper because gestures like these will not only make an immediate difference in the lives of the recipients but also serve as reminders to other people that there are still many acts of kindness and unity to be found in the world.

Have you experienced similar positive moments at the checkout, members? Share them with us in the comments below!

Also, for those of you who are interested in learning more about autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and the things that parents can do to help their children, we recommend watching this video:

Credit: Rogers Behavioural Health.

A lovely story, but I think it happens more than we think. It has happened to me - when I filled my car with petrol I went in to pay and found a very kind lady had paid for it. There is a lot of human kindness out there.

A lovely story, but I think it happens more than we think. It has happened to me - when I filled my car with petrol I went in to pay and found a very kind lady had paid for it. There is a lot of human kindness out there.
I too was $30 dollars short for groceries I was just about to take some back to the shelves and this man paid for the $30 I have been looking ever since to pay him back