Mum leaves filthy toilet seat GLISTENING thanks to unlikely Chemist Warehouse buy - “Holy moly! You’re a saviour!”

One Aussie mum caught the attention of users for sharing a miraculous cleaning hack that effectively banished stubborn stains from her toilet seat – and it’s all thanks to an unexpected buy.

Sharing before and after snaps on a popular Facebook group, Jennifer unveiled how she used an everyday Chemist Warehouse toothpaste to leave the underside of her toilet seat sparkling clean.

Specifically, she got her hands on the White Glo Activated Charcoal Teeth Polishing Powder which retails for $9.99.

“Check out what activated charcoal can clean,” she captioned her post on the Cleaning & Organising Inspiration Australia Facebook group. “Ran out of creme cleaner to try (and I tried everything), so I figured why not try my activated charcoal teeth cleaner.”

5EmqR4-KTSbVLdNENyF0f6tgkJjw0YARDsaOtAeyu5X4gYDpY1DcnlxVQCvoSEg43oV3L5ekbOXn1G2F9QrnCA2DUyq-t9JPsgoDiGaszI4aGvGgHuHBWLpcve2EbwPdUYsSeT2TMhhj7OLBJg
HuX1pldcNf7fTauezupZJ90I438Wxnwzj6NR36J4iyXODH559ZoFvepKEqhnOKGiPHmoFnZjnKPdm_ZcHJuzyW0-7waZDJG4Gy78DAcrrNFDFWpqa7dmo5abfVj4iJAwjrhHUHBddGAWQ9p5Lg

Image Credit: Cleaning & Organisation Inspiration Australia

Jennifer explained that she cleaned the seat by adding a small amount of the toothpaste directly to a wet cloth and then scrubbing it onto the stained areas gently.

“I wouldn’t leave it too long as it can stain, but will eventually come off,” she said.

“It even removed hair dye stain off my toilet seat – a hot pink colour… damn kids!”

Hundreds of Facebook users responded to the post, sharing how they went to great lengths in an attempt to remove the common stains, but to no avail.

“Holy moly, you are a saviour! We just moved into a new rental and the toilet was like that. Now it’s gone!” praised one user.

Plenty were thrilled to give the hack a shot.

“I have the same toilet. It’s new-ish but already started to stain no matter how many times I cleaned it,” one commented.

“I am definitely going to give this a try!” exclaimed a fourth.

Said another: “I’m adding charcoal toothpaste to my grocery list!”

“Omg, I have the exact same toilet… and the stains! Nothing removes it!” added one more.

Activated charcoal is among the many latest trends in the beauty and food industry. If you’ve spent enough time surfing the web, it’s likely that this isn’t the first time you’ve seen ‘influencers’ (or popular content creators) raving about the miraculous teeth whitener – but what makes it so effective at removing stains?

The main ingredient found in charcoal toothpaste is activated charcoal which is made from oxidised substances such as wood, coconut shells, bamboo, and other materials. It’s really porous and reportedly works well to absorb and remove toxins.

OixlIfWRS42CQVfBi3PvxF7NLzJ5xnP9DTsdEjoWndsbq8-S4HVcnDdZ5HcA01pfnkJH2JmYUzr-SrCgHFLeZtpdNyDPr8RrzlSh_UMNCUUKM3rFS8N_OBk8W5pDhdGug3rDvGYmLqSoomwIMw

Image Credit: Salon.com

These unique properties make activated charcoal abrasive – therefore also improving its ability to remove stains from various surfaces. This explains why it did such a wonderful job at transforming Jennifer’s stained toilet seat!

But if you’re considering switching your toothpaste for one infused with activated charcoal, experts believe it’s best not to.

Professionals from North Sydney Dental Practice stated: “If you are interested in teeth whitening, it’s best to have your teeth assessed by a dental clinician. They can assess the options that best suit your needs for whitening your teeth and maintaining good oral health.”

“Activated charcoal is abrasive and although it may help remove surface staining on your teeth such as tea, coffee, wine, etc – it may wear down tooth enamel, exposing the dentine layer- making teeth appear more yellow.”

So, maybe keep the activated charcoal for lifting stains from household items and away from your teeth!

Willing to give this cleaning hack a try? Share the result with us in the comments!

You can learn more about activated charcoal by watching the video below:

Video Credit: Goodful

Sponsored
Mum leaves filthy toilet seat GLISTENING thanks to unlikely Chemist Warehouse buy - “Holy moly! You’re a saviour!”

One Aussie mum caught the attention of users for sharing a miraculous cleaning hack that effectively banished stubborn stains from her toilet seat – and it’s all thanks to an unexpected buy.

Sharing before and after snaps on a popular Facebook group, Jennifer unveiled how she used an everyday Chemist Warehouse toothpaste to leave the underside of her toilet seat sparkling clean.

Specifically, she got her hands on the White Glo Activated Charcoal Teeth Polishing Powder which retails for $9.99.

“Check out what activated charcoal can clean,” she captioned her post on the Cleaning & Organising Inspiration Australia Facebook group. “Ran out of creme cleaner to try (and I tried everything), so I figured why not try my activated charcoal teeth cleaner.”

5EmqR4-KTSbVLdNENyF0f6tgkJjw0YARDsaOtAeyu5X4gYDpY1DcnlxVQCvoSEg43oV3L5ekbOXn1G2F9QrnCA2DUyq-t9JPsgoDiGaszI4aGvGgHuHBWLpcve2EbwPdUYsSeT2TMhhj7OLBJg
HuX1pldcNf7fTauezupZJ90I438Wxnwzj6NR36J4iyXODH559ZoFvepKEqhnOKGiPHmoFnZjnKPdm_ZcHJuzyW0-7waZDJG4Gy78DAcrrNFDFWpqa7dmo5abfVj4iJAwjrhHUHBddGAWQ9p5Lg

Image Credit: Cleaning & Organisation Inspiration Australia

Jennifer explained that she cleaned the seat by adding a small amount of the toothpaste directly to a wet cloth and then scrubbing it onto the stained areas gently.

“I wouldn’t leave it too long as it can stain, but will eventually come off,” she said.

“It even removed hair dye stain off my toilet seat – a hot pink colour… damn kids!”

Hundreds of Facebook users responded to the post, sharing how they went to great lengths in an attempt to remove the common stains, but to no avail.

“Holy moly, you are a saviour! We just moved into a new rental and the toilet was like that. Now it’s gone!” praised one user.

Plenty were thrilled to give the hack a shot.

“I have the same toilet. It’s new-ish but already started to stain no matter how many times I cleaned it,” one commented.

“I am definitely going to give this a try!” exclaimed a fourth.

Said another: “I’m adding charcoal toothpaste to my grocery list!”

“Omg, I have the exact same toilet… and the stains! Nothing removes it!” added one more.

Activated charcoal is among the many latest trends in the beauty and food industry. If you’ve spent enough time surfing the web, it’s likely that this isn’t the first time you’ve seen ‘influencers’ (or popular content creators) raving about the miraculous teeth whitener – but what makes it so effective at removing stains?

The main ingredient found in charcoal toothpaste is activated charcoal which is made from oxidised substances such as wood, coconut shells, bamboo, and other materials. It’s really porous and reportedly works well to absorb and remove toxins.

OixlIfWRS42CQVfBi3PvxF7NLzJ5xnP9DTsdEjoWndsbq8-S4HVcnDdZ5HcA01pfnkJH2JmYUzr-SrCgHFLeZtpdNyDPr8RrzlSh_UMNCUUKM3rFS8N_OBk8W5pDhdGug3rDvGYmLqSoomwIMw

Image Credit: Salon.com

These unique properties make activated charcoal abrasive – therefore also improving its ability to remove stains from various surfaces. This explains why it did such a wonderful job at transforming Jennifer’s stained toilet seat!

But if you’re considering switching your toothpaste for one infused with activated charcoal, experts believe it’s best not to.

Professionals from North Sydney Dental Practice stated: “If you are interested in teeth whitening, it’s best to have your teeth assessed by a dental clinician. They can assess the options that best suit your needs for whitening your teeth and maintaining good oral health.”

“Activated charcoal is abrasive and although it may help remove surface staining on your teeth such as tea, coffee, wine, etc – it may wear down tooth enamel, exposing the dentine layer- making teeth appear more yellow.”

So, maybe keep the activated charcoal for lifting stains from household items and away from your teeth!

Willing to give this cleaning hack a try? Share the result with us in the comments!

You can learn more about activated charcoal by watching the video below:

Video Credit: Goodful

Good grief! I’ve been using this exact toothpaste for years! It took a little while for the shock of a black toothpaste to wear off, but it’s brilliant if your teeth are stained. Now, every time I clean my teeth, I’m going to see a mental picture of that disgusting toilet seat! 🤢

The obviously tricky, selective photography aside, who allows their toilet seat to get into that state in the first place? That's not the result of a missed clean - that is serious neglect & most unhygienic! Even (or should I say especially?) in a rental property - the first thing I'd be doing was replacing that seat before we got sick!!

I call this a hoax.
Yes, the toilet may be cleaner in the second picture (anyone can do that), but the different lighting for the seat, walls, cistern, etc, is extremely dubious. Comparison photos MUST be done under the the same conditions.