Mum couldn’t believe what she found when she opened her Kmart purchase

We love a bit of retail therapy as much as the next person, and in recent years, more and more of us are doing our shopping online instead of braving the crowds at the shops.

It's certainly very convenient – we can do it whenever we like, from wherever we like, and best of all, we don't even have to leave our comfy armchairs! All it takes is a few clicks these days.

Unfortunately, as much as online shopping has its advantages, there are some disadvantages as well – one of which is that you never know what you're going to get. You can't inspect your purchase before it arrives at your door (unlike when you buy something in-person), so there's always a chance that it might not be exactly what you wanted or expected.

Unfortunately for one mum who ordered an item online from Kmart recently, this was certainly the case. Andrea explained that she went to pick up her parcel from the post office only to find that it was completely empty!

zODP6PshSC9KvaAJER13X9PM93qsEN5kkdP9pgKQyTZfmHuEfn6qaTVhDEfJQX2i6Est26DX6mhMurCBjMv8MSGxhXjthus2VloMXEqqkh56ODb82tGU1LExH4seQUnViuWe1Lju2PdhwyuPFftAkgkZO-BoN5j8bXO66cOv-e4ywUKYfCl3Jo79

The mum was shocked when she saw that there was nothing inside the box. Credit: Facebook/Getty Images.

The box was supposed to contain a child's dress-up costume for her three-year-old daughter…but sadly there was nothing inside but air. Talk about disappointing!

Sharing the unfortunate incident on Facebook, the mum wrote: 'Just picked up a parcel from the post office which was completely empty.'

'It was supposed to have a child’s dress-up costume which I thought was odd to come in a big box, I also thought it was very light.'

'Knowing that it was supposed to have a costume for my three-year-old daughter in it, I just think, how lucky that I didn’t get her excited to open it, could you imagine.'

Many people believed that Kmart's tagline on the side was humorous when the mother included two pictures of the empty box.

The slogan on the box read 'a little box of joy,' but one user said that it was more like 'a big box of disappointment'.

And it gets even worse, folks!

0Y-eGtf9renI43NjuXU99IC4LiFwkxEAfKkpK0BSvrN1AKdVcdKgHVxclTsvR066cPU5R1X9oKnQWp6wXRptvRkHPAsLzBaKUIjOCjiWbjnPtmBp5KvdK_J-goqkcFYpXNWojhlTxFj0N9J67dyEfNhs2i3vECtGTlNbmAG8PJ7fJuWslqVDFj1I

The customer representative offered her a refund instead of a replacement item. Credit: Facebook.

Andrea also said that when a customer representative from Kmart called her for more information about the order, she was informed that the item was delivered incomplete and that she would be getting a refund instead of a replacement.

The mum said in her post that she was disappointed in how the customer service representative handled her case.

'They said it would be refunded in 5-10 working days... I thought they might have asked me if I wanted them to find another and send it, but no,' she wrote.

Hundreds of other mums backed Andrea and expressed their own 'shock' over Kmart's delivery.

One mum wrote: 'This is just so not okay. Jokes aside, this happens far too often with Kmart.'

'I have never heard of a company making more errors or packing things so poorly with their online shopping than Kmart!!’ another added.

A third chimed in: 'Omg, I think you officially have the crappiest Kmart delivery yet!'

Folks, it’s true that ordering a lot of items online as a consumer is easy. Think about it, how easy do you think it would be if you were to browse through hundreds of products in a store, make purchases, lug them home (or get them delivered), and store them until you need them?

But when it comes to purchasing items online, the upside is there for the shopper to enjoy, we must also prepare for the risk of human error that is likely to occur along the way.

What are your thoughts on this story? Have you also experienced this before? Let us know in the comments below! Better yet, if you have worse 'online shopping' horror story, please tell us in the comments.

Sponsored
We love a bit of retail therapy as much as the next person, and in recent years, more and more of us are doing our shopping online instead of braving the crowds at the shops.

It's certainly very convenient – we can do it whenever we like, from wherever we like, and best of all, we don't even have to leave our comfy armchairs! All it takes is a few clicks these days.

Unfortunately, as much as online shopping has its advantages, there are some disadvantages as well – one of which is that you never know what you're going to get. You can't inspect your purchase before it arrives at your door (unlike when you buy something in-person), so there's always a chance that it might not be exactly what you wanted or expected.

Unfortunately for one mum who ordered an item online from Kmart recently, this was certainly the case. Andrea explained that she went to pick up her parcel from the post office only to find that it was completely empty!

zODP6PshSC9KvaAJER13X9PM93qsEN5kkdP9pgKQyTZfmHuEfn6qaTVhDEfJQX2i6Est26DX6mhMurCBjMv8MSGxhXjthus2VloMXEqqkh56ODb82tGU1LExH4seQUnViuWe1Lju2PdhwyuPFftAkgkZO-BoN5j8bXO66cOv-e4ywUKYfCl3Jo79

The mum was shocked when she saw that there was nothing inside the box. Credit: Facebook/Getty Images.

The box was supposed to contain a child's dress-up costume for her three-year-old daughter…but sadly there was nothing inside but air. Talk about disappointing!

Sharing the unfortunate incident on Facebook, the mum wrote: 'Just picked up a parcel from the post office which was completely empty.'

'It was supposed to have a child’s dress-up costume which I thought was odd to come in a big box, I also thought it was very light.'

'Knowing that it was supposed to have a costume for my three-year-old daughter in it, I just think, how lucky that I didn’t get her excited to open it, could you imagine.'

Many people believed that Kmart's tagline on the side was humorous when the mother included two pictures of the empty box.

The slogan on the box read 'a little box of joy,' but one user said that it was more like 'a big box of disappointment'.

And it gets even worse, folks!

0Y-eGtf9renI43NjuXU99IC4LiFwkxEAfKkpK0BSvrN1AKdVcdKgHVxclTsvR066cPU5R1X9oKnQWp6wXRptvRkHPAsLzBaKUIjOCjiWbjnPtmBp5KvdK_J-goqkcFYpXNWojhlTxFj0N9J67dyEfNhs2i3vECtGTlNbmAG8PJ7fJuWslqVDFj1I

The customer representative offered her a refund instead of a replacement item. Credit: Facebook.

Andrea also said that when a customer representative from Kmart called her for more information about the order, she was informed that the item was delivered incomplete and that she would be getting a refund instead of a replacement.

The mum said in her post that she was disappointed in how the customer service representative handled her case.

'They said it would be refunded in 5-10 working days... I thought they might have asked me if I wanted them to find another and send it, but no,' she wrote.

Hundreds of other mums backed Andrea and expressed their own 'shock' over Kmart's delivery.

One mum wrote: 'This is just so not okay. Jokes aside, this happens far too often with Kmart.'

'I have never heard of a company making more errors or packing things so poorly with their online shopping than Kmart!!’ another added.

A third chimed in: 'Omg, I think you officially have the crappiest Kmart delivery yet!'

Folks, it’s true that ordering a lot of items online as a consumer is easy. Think about it, how easy do you think it would be if you were to browse through hundreds of products in a store, make purchases, lug them home (or get them delivered), and store them until you need them?

But when it comes to purchasing items online, the upside is there for the shopper to enjoy, we must also prepare for the risk of human error that is likely to occur along the way.

What are your thoughts on this story? Have you also experienced this before? Let us know in the comments below! Better yet, if you have worse 'online shopping' horror story, please tell us in the comments.
Oh yes definitely and KMART rates number one up there! Many many deliveries are incomplete and very rarely an apology!!
It’s a lot easier to do online shopping but really you start to question it???
KMART pick up your act!

I recently ordered a bathroom cabinet - online exclusive- from Kmart. It arrived with absolutely no fixtures or fittings.
I had to return it to a local store - who were great, but their online reporting system is woeful. I sent loads of pictures, but there was nowhere to leave a comment about what was missing🙄
Several confusing conversations via email - with a different person each time - the matter was finally resolved, but a disappointing and frustrating experience.

I had the same problem with Kmart delivery I waited months for my delivery they said that it is waiting for pickup courier, I never got it they had refunded me 2 months later.

• Wow
Reactions: Jersey Girl
Unfortunately kmart is the worst.

Most of the time 75 % of my order us refunded

Items come in so many parcels and I can't say how many 1 small item arrives in a large box.
My husband jokes ...what did you buy ? AIR

1 . ...cardboard boxes are not cheap.

2. I assume kmart has a deal with Australia Post as boxes this size wouldn't be cheap to send.