Mum’s X-rated shopping find in children's aisle leaves her in stitches – ‘I couldn't help but laugh’

It's JUST about the most exciting time of the year… Christmas! But it can also be stressful and overwhelming – between visiting family and friends, attending gatherings, and meeting up with people you haven't seen in months, your schedule tends to be jam-packed.

That's probably the reason why the number of people who shop during the holiday season goes through the roof.

But there's one thing we must learn about the upcoming festive shopping madness...

You probably won't be able to avoid X-rated items, because apparently, we now have to deal with them whether we like it or not.

Awkwardness ensued as Sydney mum Katrina stumbled upon an absolute shocker while shopping for her daughter's end-of-year concert costume at a popular party store in Alexandria.

The mum of two was looking for white gloves for her daughter when she chanced upon something that she did not expect to see in a children's party store...

'I was on the hunt for some white gloves for my daughter's Christmas concert and then saw something that I couldn't help but laugh at,' she revealed.

And what could it be, you ask? A rather hilarious X-rated ‘genie’ costume complete with a ‘lamp’ in the groin area that says ‘rub me’ – perfect for anyone who’s going to a fancy dress party and willing to bring the heat (consensually, of course)! The costume was going for a whopping price of $29.50.

390cf20963366ccdcc1c928c30aac939

The mum was shocked by the genie costume. Credit: Facebook.

Katrina giggled after seeing the hilarious item and took a photo of it to share with her friends. But it slowly dawned on her how bad it was to see something so inappropriate for children amidst the children's dress-up items – on the same shelf, no less!

The mum-of-two has noted, however, that it was fortunate that the item was 'unnoticed and undisturbed' from its display that was hidden away from other customers and children.

'I was glad that the kids weren't with me because my 9-year-old is definitely old enough to notice that there is something a little rude about the image. Not for the "rub me" comment but just the fact that the spout is in the area that it's in,' she said.

The mum admitted that she sees the funny side of things, adding that while it's definitely not something she'd show the kids, she's not exactly ruling out buying it for her next adult-only party.

'I didn't buy it but I did tell my husband that this will be his next costume!' she chuckled.

Key Takeaways

• A mum in Australia found an X-rated costume for sale at a children's party store.
  • The costume, which featured a lamp around the groin area, was on sale for $29.50.
  • The mum was shocked to see the item for sale amongst common children's dress-up items.

How about you? Have you encountered X-rated items while shopping before? Share your stories with us in the comment section below!

Sponsored
It's JUST about the most exciting time of the year… Christmas! But it can also be stressful and overwhelming – between visiting family and friends, attending gatherings, and meeting up with people you haven't seen in months, your schedule tends to be jam-packed.

That's probably the reason why the number of people who shop during the holiday season goes through the roof.

But there's one thing we must learn about the upcoming festive shopping madness...

You probably won't be able to avoid X-rated items, because apparently, we now have to deal with them whether we like it or not.

Awkwardness ensued as Sydney mum Katrina stumbled upon an absolute shocker while shopping for her daughter's end-of-year concert costume at a popular party store in Alexandria.

The mum of two was looking for white gloves for her daughter when she chanced upon something that she did not expect to see in a children's party store...

'I was on the hunt for some white gloves for my daughter's Christmas concert and then saw something that I couldn't help but laugh at,' she revealed.

And what could it be, you ask? A rather hilarious X-rated ‘genie’ costume complete with a ‘lamp’ in the groin area that says ‘rub me’ – perfect for anyone who’s going to a fancy dress party and willing to bring the heat (consensually, of course)! The costume was going for a whopping price of $29.50.

390cf20963366ccdcc1c928c30aac939

The mum was shocked by the genie costume. Credit: Facebook.

Katrina giggled after seeing the hilarious item and took a photo of it to share with her friends. But it slowly dawned on her how bad it was to see something so inappropriate for children amidst the children's dress-up items – on the same shelf, no less!

The mum-of-two has noted, however, that it was fortunate that the item was 'unnoticed and undisturbed' from its display that was hidden away from other customers and children.

'I was glad that the kids weren't with me because my 9-year-old is definitely old enough to notice that there is something a little rude about the image. Not for the "rub me" comment but just the fact that the spout is in the area that it's in,' she said.

The mum admitted that she sees the funny side of things, adding that while it's definitely not something she'd show the kids, she's not exactly ruling out buying it for her next adult-only party.

'I didn't buy it but I did tell my husband that this will be his next costume!' she chuckled.

Key Takeaways

• A mum in Australia found an X-rated costume for sale at a children's party store.
  • The costume, which featured a lamp around the groin area, was on sale for $29.50.
  • The mum was shocked to see the item for sale amongst common children's dress-up items.

How about you? Have you encountered X-rated items while shopping before? Share your stories with us in the comment section below!
Can you pleeeeease put the term "X-Rated' to bed, unless the item being written about actually is? Seriously, you're like the boy who cried "Wolf!", except in this case it's more like "WTF?!"

Ah yes......bet that would put a bit of fun into the Office Christmas Party...."hey !....do you want 3 wishes for Christmas ? " Better than trying for a KISS underneath the mistletoe. 😱🤣😉