Mum’s two-minute cleaning hack using $4 item makes her saucepans look BRAND NEW

Let’s be honest: those bits of burnt food left on our cooking pans make cleaning up after dinner seem like an absolute mission. Scrubbing them can get tiring and difficult, not to mention the damage it can cause to your expensive pans!

But worry not, because one mum is here to the rescue.

fpsTo3pTni62qaZMUc3ZnAJT5yYEPinXp0HWqVN7DkL5OssYVUjIggmdiyNF37ynCNr9YY2FT9NvGEbW59EsIS_psFdQxMkKv1pVByPNa75sMtMvKhu18j10jYhk-Q3nc5wfQ3y1

The Jif cleaning product restored Susan’s saucepan back into its former glory. Credit: Woolworths (left), Facebook (right).

In a popular Facebook page, Susan from NSW shared that she has been using a game-changing $4 item from her local supermarket to clean her filthy saucepans, and it’s so effective that the pans look brand new again!

Jif Cream Cleanser With Micro Particles is said to completely remove even the most stubborn buildups, such as encrusted grease, burnt-on food, and even limescale, on kitchen and bathroom surfaces.

The mum, who admitted that she previously used Gumption cleaner, could not believe that the Jif product returned her old saucepan back into its shiny silver state.

And it only took her two minutes and no scrubbing! Now, she swears by the product, which is forever a staple in her grocery shopping list.

Susan’s post was flooded with over a hundred comments from fellow members of the cleaning Facebook group, with many of them unaware of the little-known product.

Meanwhile, some have stated that they have been using the Jif product for quite a while already, and they verified the mum’s claims that it really is the best for cleaning and cutting through hard-seated grease.

Others shared their own saucepan cleaning hacks, with one mum saying she uses bicarb soda mixed with boiling vinegar.

What about you? How do you clean burnt pots and pans? Share your tips with us in the comments below!

Sponsored

Let’s be honest: those bits of burnt food left on our cooking pans make cleaning up after dinner seem like an absolute mission. Scrubbing them can get tiring and difficult, not to mention the damage it can cause to your expensive pans!

fpsTo3pTni62qaZMUc3ZnAJT5yYEPinXp0HWqVN7DkL5OssYVUjIggmdiyNF37ynCNr9YY2FT9NvGEbW59EsIS_psFdQxMkKv1pVByPNa75sMtMvKhu18j10jYhk-Q3nc5wfQ3y1

The Jif cleaning product restored Susan’s saucepan back into its former glory. Credit: Woolworths (left), Facebook (right).

In a popular Facebook page, Susan from NSW shared that she has been using a game-changing $4 item from her local supermarket to clean her filthy saucepans, and it’s so effective that the pans look brand new again!

Jif Cream Cleanser With Micro Particles is said to completely remove even the most stubborn buildups, such as encrusted grease, burnt-on food, and even limescale, on kitchen and bathroom surfaces.

The mum, who admitted that she previously used Gumption cleaner, could not believe that the Jif product returned her old saucepan back into its shiny silver state.

And it only took her two minutes and no scrubbing! Now, she swears by the product, which is forever a staple in her grocery shopping list.

Susan’s post was flooded with over a hundred comments from fellow members of the cleaning Facebook group, with many of them unaware of the little-known product.

Meanwhile, some have stated that they have been using the Jif product for quite a while already, and they verified the mum’s claims that it really is the best for cleaning and cutting through hard-seated grease.

Others shared their own saucepan cleaning hacks, with one mum saying she uses bicarb soda mixed with boiling vinegar.

What about you? How do you clean burnt pots and pans? Share your tips with us in the comments below!
I have burnt my pots a few times where I thought I would have to throw them out because it was really hard caked on and what I tried was Eze off oven cleaner and that worked a treat too but you have to leave it on for several hours

Reactions: Ricci
Have burnt my fair share of saucepans over the yrs and all I do is empty burnt contents out of said pan, pour in some bi-carb, fill with water and put back on the stove to simmer for a while. I then let it sit overnight and wipe clean the next morning. This method has always worked for me....I have tried the Tomato Sauce trick on the outside of my saucepans and that actually does work as well.

Reactions: Julia TH and Ricci
Jif was first produced in 1969, my mum used if all the time as well as Ajax powder cleaner, I still use Ajax powder on my pots and great for getting the sticky labels of jars, in the toilet as well as the bathroom sink and the laundry sink, Ajax was first made in 1947 and it was the only thing my mum used for many years for cleaning until the Jif was produced but she mostly use the Ajax powder as do I and my adult sons

I use Gumption to help clean everything, especially my stainless steel and casserole dishes. It is even better than Jif as it doesn't scratch your pots or casserole dishes.

Reactions: Aussie and Ricci

I joined Dominant Home Products S.A.30 years ago & will use no other. They have a product named "Booster & Soak." to be used with their washing powder BUT when I burn a saucepan (& I mean BURN) no worries, I simply place 2 teaspoons of B/S in the saucepan (average) with hot water 3/4 up the side & let it soak overnight. In the morning rinse in the usual way & BINGO/.....clean to store away. I'm hooked when it comes to shopping . I save up until it is free delivery & get all my "round the home" commodities all in one delivery for 12 months. Saves heaps for happy & satified customers. The products do not need me to convince how completely safe they are. They sell themselves with every customer. Who wants to "in this day or any other" want to be up to their eye balls in elbow grease when there's something out there to make life easier for us? Esma Rose.

Reactions: Ricci

I will not pay more than $2.75 (tops) for Jiff. When TheReject Shp & supermarketss hv Jiff on Special at $2-$2.50, buy 2 or 3.

• Love
Reactions: debjane and Ricci