Mum’s mishap with Aldi’s $8.99 schnitzel takes social media by storm — “Should’ve gone to Specsavers!”

Mum’s mishap with Aldi’s $8.99 schnitzel takes social media by storm — “Should’ve gone to Specsavers!”
If you're anything like us who sometimes rush into the supermarket to quickly grab a couple of personal staple items off the shelf without inspecting them before checking out and heading home, then you might want to keep on reading. One woman took social media by storm after she purchased an item that looked like what she wanted, but ended up with something completely different.

A Melbourne mum took to Facebook to share her baffling experience after she inadvertently nabbed a pack of $8.99 schnitzels with corn in them instead of picking up plain chicken schnitzels.

7OIMLlAUZk3TwP4pyvCp2JcCXivskmKX996RC8508SamFfYMaMIMz5tA1HSTR3NLnjbQkXeEjYSAV6HEkQGQjeVsE8pYy6A9FFQN6DM-Xnibg__3pCGx12ung0I4TbzKjHftESY

A mum took to Facebook to share how she was left confused after purchasing a very similar looking schnitzel product. Credit: Aldi and Facebook.

The mum, who is clearly not a fan of corn chunks in her schnitty, wrote: "Second time I have done this and not realised until I got home. I need to know, who the hell is wanting corn in their schnittys????"

The post gained traction from Facebook users, with many expressing how they found the post hilarious and confessing that it also happened to them.

One user wrote: "Should have gone to Specsavers."

"Meeee! These are my favourite." another mum wrote as a response to the question about who wants corn in their schnitzels.

A third chimed in: "Don’t worry you’ll probably only get like 5 kernels in each anyhow."

A number of users admitted that they've made a similar mistake but found the corn schnitties better than the plain variety.

One comment read: "We got these by mistake once and preferred them over the normal ones."

pcHc8-U1AXT9k70Y8n2fgf-RRN2-aoNt6szIwBLPCfblMSznxVpPl8J5VBpvVBykp6M-4seQzilOsd3EuIr4hfaGCIJyOKwttJoTPkcqFtQKh3xYVVYnrOnDpK0qKBByX6TUFHg

Majority of the social media users seem to prefer the corn variety over the plain version. Credit: Aldi.

The mum was also surprised to find out that the majority of the followers of the Facebook page seem to prefer the corn variety over the plain ones.

"Damn, I thought the majority of us were going to be mad at this together! I need to read labels better (don’t get me started on sweet chilli kievs, wtf). Going to give them another crack tonight though, mmmm with gravy," the mum wrote in the comments.

Others understood the mum's dilemma.

"I did the exact thing today and my boys didn't like them. My eldest picks out all the corn from them. Tried to hide it by making them into parmas but that didn't work," one person wrote.

Another added: "I agree. A lot of people would accidentally pick this up. Also, many people would accidentally pick it up and put it down in the full chicken schnitzel area when they realise, not wanting the corn as well."

"I hate them and so do my kids. Read the label. Oops," a third wrote.

And another added: "They should make the packaging a bit different."

Have you had similar experiences with purchasing the wrong item? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

• Haha
Reactions: Lindyloo and Peggy1
Sponsored
If you're anything like us who sometimes rush into the supermarket to quickly grab a couple of personal staple items off the shelf without inspecting them before checking out and heading home, then you might want to keep on reading. One woman took social media by storm after she purchased an item that looked like what she wanted, but ended up with something completely different.

A Melbourne mum took to Facebook to share her baffling experience after she inadvertently nabbed a pack of $8.99 schnitzels with corn in them instead of picking up plain chicken schnitzels.

7OIMLlAUZk3TwP4pyvCp2JcCXivskmKX996RC8508SamFfYMaMIMz5tA1HSTR3NLnjbQkXeEjYSAV6HEkQGQjeVsE8pYy6A9FFQN6DM-Xnibg__3pCGx12ung0I4TbzKjHftESY

A mum took to Facebook to share how she was left confused after purchasing a very similar looking schnitzel product. Credit: Aldi and Facebook.

The mum, who is clearly not a fan of corn chunks in her schnitty, wrote: "Second time I have done this and not realised until I got home. I need to know, who the hell is wanting corn in their schnittys????"

The post gained traction from Facebook users, with many expressing how they found the post hilarious and confessing that it also happened to them.

"Meeee! These are my favourite." another mum wrote as a response to the question about who wants corn in their schnitzels.

A third chimed in: "Don’t worry you’ll probably only get like 5 kernels in each anyhow."

A number of users admitted that they've made a similar mistake but found the corn schnitties better than the plain variety.

One comment read: "We got these by mistake once and preferred them over the normal ones."

pcHc8-U1AXT9k70Y8n2fgf-RRN2-aoNt6szIwBLPCfblMSznxVpPl8J5VBpvVBykp6M-4seQzilOsd3EuIr4hfaGCIJyOKwttJoTPkcqFtQKh3xYVVYnrOnDpK0qKBByX6TUFHg

Majority of the social media users seem to prefer the corn variety over the plain version. Credit: Aldi.

The mum was also surprised to find out that the majority of the followers of the Facebook page seem to prefer the corn variety over the plain ones.

"Damn, I thought the majority of us were going to be mad at this together! I need to read labels better (don’t get me started on sweet chilli kievs, wtf). Going to give them another crack tonight though, mmmm with gravy," the mum wrote in the comments.

"I did the exact thing today and my boys didn't like them. My eldest picks out all the corn from them. Tried to hide it by making them into parmas but that didn't work," one person wrote.

Another added: "I agree. A lot of people would accidentally pick this up. Also, many people would accidentally pick it up and put it down in the full chicken schnitzel area when they realise, not wanting the corn as well."

Have you had similar experiences with purchasing the wrong item? Share your stories with us in the comments below!
i for one like them they are very quick and easy o cook and they taste good

that's very funny and clever