Mum’s FANTASTIC hack for effortlessly upgrading your toaster – “Absolutely beautiful!”

There’s always a way to add a touch of style to just about anything if you let your creativity take the lead! One mum revealed the effortless way she transformed her plain and boring toaster into one that looks like an absolute showstopper.

Sharing the hack on a popular Facebook group, Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia, Alicia Hollier showed off the finished product – a simple white Kmart toaster (retailing for $29) revamped by simply incorporating a few pieces of furniture decor transfers.

Alongside a few photos of the decorated toaster, she wrote: “I purchased a $29 four-slice toaster from Kmart, then I let [my] two girls, 9 and 5 years old, decorate them using the gorgeous Hokus Pokus transfers.”

“I absolutely love how it turned out and I love the way it looks in my kitchen. My new toaster is now a big feature in my kitchen,”

jSRBGMhIlawDjZGJKdbYnXQZWxM8LKSO0-yTpl42SYNAYUgeZhxAUTsDYpTK_lbg58d6S57AgXNHCmIbj2Qf0T-pvYaJ2I8fhixynTPGwE4pVeZ6LQhzlE3yy9juJUDSX1jvXfDg4ddziyD_UA
ChqAMHd2wdJyWHODTgTK3aIJZVSRvPPLAuBTlfzl_DHd5_dOb_YRoJITaAzfctG-Eh6J7vUkrsA_KCxj_olh1YafXwQj-iTMLDLvii62sPbDRaGqMWuQwEDFT6wNoaXNqkKRI_a96JchShJ2zw

Before and after. Image Credit: Kmart, Facebook

The mum praised her two children, saying “It was all Mia and Paige, I did nothing apart from buying [the] toaster!”

Her post attracted nearly 2,500 likes and over 250 comments, the majority of which were made by fellow mums who were inspired to try it out for themselves. Dozens of other users hailed the finished product as ‘incredible’ and ‘gorgeous’.

“So clever! Looks like a touch of spring.” one person complimented.

“If this toaster was ever sold on a store shelf as it is, I would definitely buy it! It’s beautiful! You must be a proud mum!” wrote another.

“That is gorgeous! Well done. Do you hire the girls out? They have done a great job.” teased third.

“What a great idea. It looks classy and pricey now. You can do it on tea, coffee, and sugar canisters too – and on a matching kettle maybe. Love this idea!” said one more.

But a handful of mums were concerned about the stickers wearing out easily and posing a safety risk, with one asking: “Do the transfers melt with the heat of actually using the toaster though?”

“This is lovely but wouldn't the heat from the toaster damage the transfer, causing them to peel off or curl?” another questioned.

ByeVbkpYdOVJtwXSe2Fz4cA7Ctthmi01OIoYE5q4_d_DwNF3CFf6LFD89oCo5WRftW_w0mJ7m2kOvDGlNW_s-bYSJJN7QjwFayiVmkJSVYYRjpqR6tvXnCx5RXGD3cwNhjMkUlHaoZiBgVUDJQ
Bdnyr4G0JuB62peBXQvmOQH7J9sr_y9Gh7MeUSQSCQiefWE7lT-LUPMSBmWJKcFoHDXaBlyRndTZyy5ZurrCIVpEQULkaV6vKdXPg7MeQFdL5isqRJsVUVcO3xPyZ4CXWEpf1-njM4QJOha4QQ

“A touch of spring!” Image Credit: Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia

A third pointed out: “I'm sorry but I'm going to be one of those people... it looks great, but it's actually a fire hazard.”

To which Alicia responded: “I tested the toaster and the outside (area) doesn’t get hot at all!”

The only downside to this hack is that the Hokus Pocus Transfers costs $59.95 each, which isn’t something most of us are willing to pay just to decorate a toaster.

However, a user did mention that one could decorate up to five items with a pack of transfers, explaining: “You could decorate about 5 projects of this size out of one pack of transfers.”

So, if you really want to give this hack a go, we highly recommend you allocate a portion of the transfers for other pieces of furniture as well to make the most out of them!

Learn about how you can apply furniture transfers to items seamlessly by watching the video below:

Video Credit: Nooks In Bloom

Reactions: BJM and Ricci
Sponsored
I would wonder about the fire safety aspect of this as well. Looks lovely. I suppose the transfers stand up for cleaning as well?

Reactions: Ricci
Mum’s FANTASTIC hack for effortlessly upgrading your toaster – “Absolutely beautiful!”

There’s always a way to add a touch of style to just about anything if you let your creativity take the lead! One mum revealed the effortless way she transformed her plain and boring toaster into one that looks like an absolute showstopper.

Sharing the hack on a popular Facebook group, Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia, Alicia Hollier showed off the finished product – a simple white Kmart toaster (retailing for $29) revamped by simply incorporating a few pieces of furniture decor transfers.

Alongside a few photos of the decorated toaster, she wrote: “I purchased a $29 four-slice toaster from Kmart, then I let [my] two girls, 9 and 5 years old, decorate them using the gorgeous Hokus Pokus transfers.”

“I absolutely love how it turned out and I love the way it looks in my kitchen. My new toaster is now a big feature in my kitchen,”

jSRBGMhIlawDjZGJKdbYnXQZWxM8LKSO0-yTpl42SYNAYUgeZhxAUTsDYpTK_lbg58d6S57AgXNHCmIbj2Qf0T-pvYaJ2I8fhixynTPGwE4pVeZ6LQhzlE3yy9juJUDSX1jvXfDg4ddziyD_UA
ChqAMHd2wdJyWHODTgTK3aIJZVSRvPPLAuBTlfzl_DHd5_dOb_YRoJITaAzfctG-Eh6J7vUkrsA_KCxj_olh1YafXwQj-iTMLDLvii62sPbDRaGqMWuQwEDFT6wNoaXNqkKRI_a96JchShJ2zw

Before and after. Image Credit: Kmart, Facebook

The mum praised her two children, saying “It was all Mia and Paige, I did nothing apart from buying [the] toaster!”

Her post attracted nearly 2,500 likes and over 250 comments, the majority of which were made by fellow mums who were inspired to try it out for themselves. Dozens of other users hailed the finished product as ‘incredible’ and ‘gorgeous’.

“So clever! Looks like a touch of spring.” one person complimented.

“If this toaster was ever sold on a store shelf as it is, I would definitely buy it! It’s beautiful! You must be a proud mum!” wrote another.

“That is gorgeous! Well done. Do you hire the girls out? They have done a great job.” teased third.

“What a great idea. It looks classy and pricey now. You can do it on tea, coffee, and sugar canisters too – and on a matching kettle maybe. Love this idea!” said one more.

But a handful of mums were concerned about the stickers wearing out easily and posing a safety risk, with one asking: “Do the transfers melt with the heat of actually using the toaster though?”

“This is lovely but wouldn't the heat from the toaster damage the transfer, causing them to peel off or curl?” another questioned.

ByeVbkpYdOVJtwXSe2Fz4cA7Ctthmi01OIoYE5q4_d_DwNF3CFf6LFD89oCo5WRftW_w0mJ7m2kOvDGlNW_s-bYSJJN7QjwFayiVmkJSVYYRjpqR6tvXnCx5RXGD3cwNhjMkUlHaoZiBgVUDJQ
Bdnyr4G0JuB62peBXQvmOQH7J9sr_y9Gh7MeUSQSCQiefWE7lT-LUPMSBmWJKcFoHDXaBlyRndTZyy5ZurrCIVpEQULkaV6vKdXPg7MeQFdL5isqRJsVUVcO3xPyZ4CXWEpf1-njM4QJOha4QQ

“A touch of spring!” Image Credit: Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Australia

A third pointed out: “I'm sorry but I'm going to be one of those people... it looks great, but it's actually a fire hazard.”

To which Alicia responded: “I tested the toaster and the outside (area) doesn’t get hot at all!”

The only downside to this hack is that the Hokus Pocus Transfers costs $59.95 each, which isn’t something most of us are willing to pay just to decorate a toaster.

However, a user did mention that one could decorate up to five items with a pack of transfers, explaining: “You could decorate about 5 projects of this size out of one pack of transfers.”

So, if you really want to give this hack a go, we highly recommend you allocate a portion of the transfers for other pieces of furniture as well to make the most out of them!

Learn about how you can apply furniture transfers to items seamlessly by watching the video below:

Video Credit: Nooks In Bloom

My toaster which we use every day is 54 YEARS OLD. It probably needs more than stickers!!! No..it is not a dropside one. Its fully automatic.

Great idea! The toaster I want will evenly toast thin bread as well as thick - why doesn’t anyone think of this ??!!

I think my artistic streak has left the building.
Perhaps if it were an ornament on display, I might consider it, but an item used every day doesn't get a tick.
However, I do think it looks lovely.