Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Mr Squiggle

compressed-nostalgia-2.jpeg
Credits: Mr Squiggle and Friends (1959)

Who remembers Mr Squiggle? Back in the day, kids would eagerly huddle around the television to watch it, a time when young minds were transported to a world of creativity and wonder. Mr Squiggle's endearing adventures and his ability to turn simple squiggles into intricate drawings held children spellbound. It's no wonder Mr Squiggle became one of Australia's most beloved children's programs. Do you have any fond memories of watching this show? Tell us in the comments below.

Reactions: Littleboy8
This was one of my favourites. I only remember it been in black & white. The saying ‘Oh hurry up’ from blackboard always bring back memories.

I watched it all the time and that got me into drawing of course it was only in black & white colour didn't come to Australia until 1975

You guy’s were very lucky, the only time I got to see all these programs was when we went to Perth from the Pilbara and I always got excited to watch all the tv I could shove in, we didn’t get tv up north until 1975 and all we got was ABC and they sucked. We had black and white until early eighties.

My kids loved this show when they were young, 1980s. They both sent in a squiggle and to their amazement mr squiggle drew a picture using each one, while they were actually watching the TV. We had sent self addressed envelopes and the pictures were returned to them. Not sure if they still have them as they don’t keep much, just toss most things out.

My kids loved this show when they were young, 1980s. They both sent in a squiggle and to their amazement mr squiggle drew a picture using each one, while they were actually watching the TV. We had sent self addressed envelopes and the pictures were returned to them. Not sure if they still have them as they don’t keep much, just toss most things out.
What great memories for them. 🙂

Reactions: Wandiwa