TrishaC

Staff member
May 30, 2022
Move Over, Expensive Cheese! Aldi's $3.99 Cheddar Cheese Just Won Gold

Move Over, Expensive Cheese! Aldi's $3.99 Cheddar Cheese Just Won Gold
There’s no arguing that cheese creates magic in our food. It pulls together a dish and gives it that extra ‘oomph’ to make it irresistible. We all know that a good cheese can cost a pretty penny. But what if I told you that there's a cheese out there that's just as good as the expensive ones, and it only costs $3.99?

Qs-zhZ49a8hwytFk4MWzg3JxzMDPHr5M1DjhRVgljniYcU_NB5FDZJWJvsOd9LsV2v3-5mJMp8buAB5rU9-JDTgtd66IvHMg_WxA9SYAd0N_X3-3l_3it_uDXw8hu6XGbqWJnOgGeX55jKkXjg

Source: The Latch

You don't need to spend a lot of money to get good cheese. In fact, Aldi's $3.99 cheddar cheese just won gold at the annual DIAA (Dairy Industry Association of Australia) Awards.

This year, Aldi walked away with not just 1, not just 21, but a whopping 51 awards for its products, including 22 for its cheeses! You must be wondering how they dominated the competition, and you probably think that surely it’s their pricier products, right? Nope, not at all. They are all, amazingly, just under $10.99!

This merely adds to the growing body of evidence that the products sold by this budget supermarket are equally as high-quality and delectable as those sold by premium grocers. I'm telling you, Jerry will definitely hunt this CHEESYLICIOUS product from Aldi!

"We're incredibly proud that our cheese and dairy offerings have been recognised as some of the highest quality products in Australia," said Shane Aitken, Buying Director at Aldi Australia.

'All of these awards are a testament to our local business partners that supply us with our range. We have long-term relationships and work together to keep our offering interesting, tasty and affordable for our shoppers.'

Aldi grabbed the gold for its butter, milk, creams, yoghurts, and of course, cheeses!

Let's take a look at the top 4 that bagged home their top-of-the-rank gold:

LHpPEiUcAICzg6Y-FOGkmhtY7L3ep0mt0SCJSF9ZGblcOkkRs1mVtOIjvmqKrYvE6kHcMqNn5_XOyJw15t2VCpDQ0Hk6Y7zEU3Dr_Vc6xuS3xziHAxOvNCYPt6VAngVtL1t9pBzREZT7_ctlkA

Source: Aldi’s

1. Best Cheese, White Mould Ripened – Brie Style: Aldi's Emporium Selection Brie Half Wheel 500g, ($10.99)

Please note that this isn’t the exact cheese wheel, the winning block was the 500g wheel!

d-_guBHNlW0qn3Cfsyod7YsdaiDQQFXK5wTQRUNJWqE8FmrS6T-_I6hb4l2JdoPSShXJYpVEhr1FExL2vrnL0aQc34eOWdWjL2MYdSk3cu8AQK1ko_K6qZqDhY4vcS6HV907LQkj1w7eZHkbVQ

2. Best Consumer Pack – Mild/Mature Cheddar Cheese: Aldi's Westacre Tasty Slice 250g, ($3.99)

yt_9k1Q4_SBKG63lQFc5Ny0EKp1iau-X7ho6MAiZU41V1e5M0u4hveXM7wFVUMzYrb7t0hSG-TNMPiKv2twtv0hYN0uBzZctYmnbP9a5b3H_bVCtUap7vjNybzb_n6WDXZP6EFzB5fvNJhcpfg

3. Best Fresh Ricotta – Not Baked: Aldi's Emporium Selection Ricotta 375g, ($2.79)

g28JiFbDd0tisvgE5iEaOaVp7WjOLjm3aD6D69D4OHZWk3EVGY7jmAbrW3ztxi0pexr2MTpyhNC0uvmCey4_HKfuNTAlNGb3zBy2ngctaJ6O6P9FevLinHY7_3Kg2OxCB08NQOmZ6bYF_Ueq_Q

.4. Best Dairy Dips – Neufchatel or Cream Cheese or Yoghurt Base: Aldi's Westacre Manhattan Spreadable Regular Cream Cheese 250g, ($2.69)

That must be one heck of cheese to beat out all the other competitors—for all under $10.99!

But that's nothing new for Aldi.

In September of last year, Aldi took home double gold at the Melbourne International Wine Competition with a classic mix of chardonnay and pinot noir that cost only $4.99.

Its bottles of Bordeaux Les Maurins Sauvignon Blanc 2020 ($6.99) and Villa Elsa Pinot Grigio 2020 ($6.99) also won double gold in the competition.

The following wines were also awarded gold:

2019 Blackstone Paddock Shiraz, $17.99

2016 El Toro Macho Reserva, $8.99

Cabernet Merlot One Road 2019, $7.49

Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut NV, $22.99

It's crystal clear that Aldi is just killing the game lately with their affordable, top-notch products!

So for us budget-conscious shoppers out there, whenever you're debating whether to get the expensive cheese or not, go ahead and save yourself some money and go for Aldi's cheese. Your taste buds will definitely thank you for it!

How helpful is this article for you? Is this something you'd like to give a try? Let us know in the comment section below!

aldi's prices have certainly gone up but compared to the silly prices at Woolies they are still ok

Reactions: Kayer02
watched a well-dressed woman shop at woolies the other day. Her selections were amazing; obviously spending her husband's money with no restraint whatsoever.

• Haha
Reactions: Michelle S
watched a well-dressed woman shop at woolies the other day. Her selections were amazing; obviously spending her husband's money with no restraint whatsoever.
Really object to the assumption that the lady was spending her husband's money. Why should she not be spending her own money? Sexist or what? An archaic idea. 😠

Love Aldi cheeses, especially Riccotta great texture and awesome to use in savoury and sweet dishes. Congratulations Aldi

Reactions: Kayer02
Now why does she has to have a husband, and if she has one why does it have to his money, and may be she was buying at woolies only what she could not find somewhere else. I am always amused by the assumption that what is in your trolley is a reflection of what you eat.

Reactions: DrivingGirl
Really object to the assumption that the lady was spending her husband's money. Why should she not be spending her own money? Sexist or what? An archaic idea. 😠
Goodness stop being so precious. If this person thinks it`s funny then he/she is entitled to their opinion, same as you and I..You don`t have to agree with what is said..

If she wqs well dressed, it was definitely her own money.

I bought a Woolworth’s trolly full of lollies and cakes that were requested by a family stuck at home with Covid.
What would you say about me?

Somewhat outdated attitude.

Aldi one kilo Westacre tasty cheese is the best.

Yes I did ask my husband's permission to use the (his, of course) computer just after I polished his boots!