Mouth-Watering New Cakes From Woolworths And Coles Send Shoppers Into A Frenzy

Cakes are one of the best things in life. They come in different shapes, sizes, and flavours and are perfect for any occasion. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, an anniversary, or just because, a cake is always a welcome treat.

There's nothing quite like a freshly-baked cake, warm from the oven and topped with your favourite frosting. And if you're feeling indulgent, why not add a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce? Whether you prefer your cake plain or loaded with extras, there's no denying that it's a delicious treat.

While not everyone has the time or talent to bake their own cakes, they can still get their hands on this decadent treat thanks to retailers such as Woolworths and Coles.

Speaking of quality cakes from these retailers, did you know that two newly launched 'supermarket' cakes are gaining a cult following among shoppers?

Yes, folks, apparently Woolworths' Biscoff Baked Cheesecake and Coles' Giant Chocolate Doughnut Cake have sent shoppers into a frenzy after they were first introduced on Father's Day.

THwujD90LRsPPFYtFDmMVxQJsx7YlQru8PjxJCo19WltGxYf_LcYbG4Fti9Q5CiBDRKBpQwA-2WwA5oKiaEa77oohqRfl_CySmTu0lqeQm_-t9HiCOvckcrcopFJ_ZXAYbclpBmrOFQkR1-MPa9uGJX9iIStU0mjC8Xzy7HV6hgzb0deQSG6cTNa
LM8zw8_pUcskZMiiRh_0gppRZO3IsGqQQOX7Xw9Zbzeyjmdr8Z77lsvUZ9VAvLxjiQqz5CtA8_wOx6BUFQWWZWHcufsXHKooOepjOZoC0CYNHV7exXstYm0erCpCIYypxQxUxoJvPQethCTLEqFrVFXHTG5PJSzBhmaCIrMCbnDj0iFbbacKrthy

Woolworths introduced the Biscoff Baked Cheesecake while Coles dropped the Giant Chocolate Doughnut Cake, making them available in all stores nationwide. Credit: SammyD.Eatz.Eatz/TikTok/FoodieMumRen/Facebook.

The new purchases are excellent last-minute dessert suggestions and are available in Coles and Woolies chilled dessert and bakery sections in all stores nationwide.

Social media is already buzzing over the new Biscoff Baked Cheesecake, with multiple TikTok videos about the treat going viral.

TikTok user @SammyD.Eatz shared his sentiments over Woolies' new dessert, sharing a clip of him giving it a taste test.

'Woolworths has just released an exclusive Biscoff Cheesecake - this thing looks so good,' he said in the video.

'Oh man, this is by far one of the best cheesecakes I’ve had from Woolworths. So heavy on the Biscoff flavour - go get it right now.'

Meanwhile, social media users reacted enthusiastically when Facebook user Foodie Mum Ren revealed some details about Coles' new $7.50 Giant Doughnut cake.

One user wrote: 'Now I’m in trouble, yum!'

'Supersized doughnut... yes please!'

So, next time you're looking to add a little 'something special' to your dining table, you might want to check out these cakes! There's no denying that a cake will always make your dining experience extra special so whether you make it yourself or pick one up from your local bakery or supermarket, it's sure to put a smile on everyone's face.

Will you give these cakes a try? Also, for those who are looking to make their own Biscoff cheesecake, we recommend checking out this no-bake recipe:

Credit: YouTube/The Cooking Foodie

No-Bake Lotus Biscoff Cheesecake Recipe

INGREDIENTS

For the crust:

250g Lotus Biscoff biscuits
6 tbsp (90g) Butter, melted

For the filling:

2½ cups (565g) Cream cheese
200g Lotus biscoff biscuit butter
1 cup (240ml) Heavy cream, cold
2/3 cup (85g) Powdered sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
14g Gelatin powder +70ml water

For the topping:

3-4 Crushed biscuits

METHOD

1. To make the crust, pulse the lotus biscuits in a food processor or a zip-top bag until they are finely ground. Add the melted butter, then pulse to incorporate. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 23-cm springform cake pan. Keep chilled while preparing the filling.

2. To make the filling, combine water and gelatine powder in a small bowl. Let the mixture bloom for ten minutes.

3. Mix cream cheese, vanilla extract, and cookie butter in a large bowl until soft and creamy. Beat heavy cream and powdered sugar until medium-firm peaks form. Fold the whipped cream gradually into the cream cheese mixture.

4. Melt the gelatine in the microwave for 15 seconds. Temper the gelatin by gradually adding a few teaspoons of the cheesecake mixture and stirring until the ingredients are mixed. Refill the glass with the cheesecake mixture and stir to blend.

5. Pour the mixture into the springform pan and chill for 30 minutes.

6. Prepare the topping by melting the biscoff biscuit butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Pour it over the cheesecake while it is still liquid in texture.

7. Refrigerate the cake for at least 6 hours or until set.

8. Release the cake from the pan, then decorate it by sprinkling crushed biscuits all around.

Source: The Cooking Foodie

Sponsored
I find it sad that the supermarkets don't make cakes to order anymore for children's birthdays etc. It is all prepacked and not made specially for the child. Looks like it is back to the kitchen for me.;)

I can't really see what all the hype over Biscoff is all about. It's ok but I wouldn't rave over it. As for a giant donut, well, that's just asking for trouble!!!:rolleyes:
Maybe the hype was for the amount of likes, you know how people go about in being popular 😁😁
I haven’t tried the cake yet but I’m a sweet-tooth person, so I have to try it 😉😉

I can't really see what all the hype over Biscoff is all about. It's ok but I wouldn't rave over it. As for a giant donut, well, that's just asking for trouble!!!:rolleyes:
Oh my, biscoff is the yummiest flavour since sliced bread.,so versatile too and be added to any sweet you desire.🥰🤪

I find it sad that the supermarkets don't make cakes to order anymore for children's birthdays etc. It is all prepacked and not made specially for the child. Looks like it is back to the kitchen for me.;)
Woolworth do make cakes to order as i previously requested one for a 60th

Cakes are one of the best things in life. They come in different shapes, sizes, and flavours and are perfect for any occasion. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, an anniversary, or just because, a cake is always a welcome treat.

There's nothing quite like a freshly-baked cake, warm from the oven and topped with your favourite frosting. And if you're feeling indulgent, why not add a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce? Whether you prefer your cake plain or loaded with extras, there's no denying that it's a delicious treat.

While not everyone has the time or talent to bake their own cakes, they can still get their hands on this decadent treat thanks to retailers such as Woolworths and Coles.

Speaking of quality cakes from these retailers, did you know that two newly launched 'supermarket' cakes are gaining a cult following among shoppers?

Yes, folks, apparently Woolworths' Biscoff Baked Cheesecake and Coles' Giant Chocolate Doughnut Cake have sent shoppers into a frenzy after they were first introduced on Father's Day.

THwujD90LRsPPFYtFDmMVxQJsx7YlQru8PjxJCo19WltGxYf_LcYbG4Fti9Q5CiBDRKBpQwA-2WwA5oKiaEa77oohqRfl_CySmTu0lqeQm_-t9HiCOvckcrcopFJ_ZXAYbclpBmrOFQkR1-MPa9uGJX9iIStU0mjC8Xzy7HV6hgzb0deQSG6cTNa
LM8zw8_pUcskZMiiRh_0gppRZO3IsGqQQOX7Xw9Zbzeyjmdr8Z77lsvUZ9VAvLxjiQqz5CtA8_wOx6BUFQWWZWHcufsXHKooOepjOZoC0CYNHV7exXstYm0erCpCIYypxQxUxoJvPQethCTLEqFrVFXHTG5PJSzBhmaCIrMCbnDj0iFbbacKrthy

Woolworths introduced the Biscoff Baked Cheesecake while Coles dropped the Giant Chocolate Doughnut Cake, making them available in all stores nationwide. Credit: SammyD.Eatz.Eatz/TikTok/FoodieMumRen/Facebook.

The new purchases are excellent last-minute dessert suggestions and are available in Coles and Woolies chilled dessert and bakery sections in all stores nationwide.

Social media is already buzzing over the new Biscoff Baked Cheesecake, with multiple TikTok videos about the treat going viral.

TikTok user @SammyD.Eatz shared his sentiments over Woolies' new dessert, sharing a clip of him giving it a taste test.

'Woolworths has just released an exclusive Biscoff Cheesecake - this thing looks so good,' he said in the video.

'Oh man, this is by far one of the best cheesecakes I’ve had from Woolworths. So heavy on the Biscoff flavour - go get it right now.'

Meanwhile, social media users reacted enthusiastically when Facebook user Foodie Mum Ren revealed some details about Coles' new $7.50 Giant Doughnut cake.

One user wrote: 'Now I’m in trouble, yum!'

'Supersized doughnut... yes please!'

So, next time you're looking to add a little 'something special' to your dining table, you might want to check out these cakes! There's no denying that a cake will always make your dining experience extra special so whether you make it yourself or pick one up from your local bakery or supermarket, it's sure to put a smile on everyone's face.

Will you give these cakes a try? Also, for those who are looking to make their own Biscoff cheesecake, we recommend checking out this no-bake recipe:

Credit: YouTube/The Cooking Foodie

No-Bake Lotus Biscoff Cheesecake Recipe

INGREDIENTS

For the crust:

250g Lotus Biscoff biscuits
6 tbsp (90g) Butter, melted

For the filling:

2½ cups (565g) Cream cheese
1 cup (240ml) Heavy cream, cold
2/3 cup (85g) Powdered sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
14g Gelatin powder +70ml water

For the topping:

3-4 Crushed biscuits

METHOD

1. To make the crust, pulse the lotus biscuits in a food processor or a zip-top bag until they are finely ground. Add the melted butter, then pulse to incorporate. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 23-cm springform cake pan. Keep chilled while preparing the filling.

2. To make the filling, combine water and gelatine powder in a small bowl. Let the mixture bloom for ten minutes.

3. Mix cream cheese, vanilla extract, and cookie butter in a large bowl until soft and creamy. Beat heavy cream and powdered sugar until medium-firm peaks form. Fold the whipped cream gradually into the cream cheese mixture.

4. Melt the gelatine in the microwave for 15 seconds. Temper the gelatin by gradually adding a few teaspoons of the cheesecake mixture and stirring until the ingredients are mixed. Refill the glass with the cheesecake mixture and stir to blend.

5. Pour the mixture into the springform pan and chill for 30 minutes.

6. Prepare the topping by melting the biscoff biscuit butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Pour it over the cheesecake while it is still liquid in texture.

7. Refrigerate the cake for at least 6 hours or until set.

8. Release the cake from the pan, then decorate it by sprinkling crushed biscuits all around.

Source: The Cooking Foodie

Sounds yummy. Must look into it.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci