Aug 5, 2022
BOMADERRY, NSW
Minor Sewing Repairs Nowra, NSW

Hi everyone. Retired now, but still can sew. Trouser and dress hems up or down (when possible), ask me about zips, taking clothes in (or out if possible). I can sew just about anything, however I do not like sewing Jersey fabrics. I don't have a car, so you will need to come to me, in Bomaderry.

Hello, I assume your name is Josephine. It's a shame you don't live near me down on the Mornington Peninsula, as I'm looking for someone who can teach me how to use a sewing machine.

Last edited:
Luckyus!!
A shame we do not live closer…I would teach you to use your sewing machine!!
If only more people would learn the art of sewing…I made my first skirt on a treadle sewing machine, when I was seven years old. Have made most of my clothes since then, including my own wedding dress.
I do hope you find someone who will teach you..enjoy!!

Luckyus!!
A shame we do not live closer…I would teach you to use your sewing machine!!
If only more people would learn the art of sewing…I made my first skirt on a treadle sewing machine, when I was seven years old. Have made most of my clothes since then, including my own wedding dress.
I do hope you find someone who will teach you..enjoy!!
I'm sorry to hear that, Bullwinkle. I wish I lived down there too. It's a very sad fact that Spotlight has overseen the demise of the home sewing 'industry'. They eliminated virtually ALL of the Mum and Dad fabric shops, filling their Mega stores with immorally priced fabrics that they buy in from China, India etc for as little as .60/metre and try to sell them for $25+/metre. Why would anyone buy 2 or more metres of fabric at $25/metre, when they can buy a fully made dress, shirt or trousers for $25?

Years ago, you could buy exquisite silk velvets, guipure laces, Silk shiffons, Cotton Japara and a myriad of other wonderful and useful fabrics for very little money. Nowadays Spotlight don't sell these fabrics because they charge so much for the humdrum, run of the mill plain cottons or worse! Polyester and nylon fabrics for such disgusting high prices, they could NOT possibly offer these 'luxury' cloths for the same price! And now because there's no Mum and Dad stores, you can't buy them in Australian any more :(

I made my first skirt, totally by hand when I was 6 years old. And I graduated to my mother's treadle Singer shortly after. I still have it now, and it still sews too! :)

Reactions: Bullwinkle