Migjet1

Mar 31, 2022
Mig joins the gang

Hello and how are you?
I think I may have posted twice but that's ok it means my post might get read twice haha.
My name is Mig and I am recently retired from working and still getting used to it. I have travelled extensively with my partner for 12 months and now find myself getting quite bored. I worked in education where I was engaged, challenged, stimulated and every day brought new opportunities. Now whilst I love retirement I am finding that going to the pool and exercising 4 times a week, going to coffee mornings and catching up with friends, is not fulfilling enough. I do love spending every Thursday with my grand daughter and would not swap that for the world. I guess it's going to take patience and time. Has anyone else felt this way?

Attachments

• Final picture.jpg
    Final picture.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 0
Hello Mig! Welcome to the SDC community! It's wonderful to have you here, and don't worry about posting twice - it just means we get the pleasure of welcoming you twice. 😊 Transitioning into retirement can indeed be a big adjustment, especially when you're used to the hustle and bustle of working life. I'm sure we have other members who have gone through similar feelings of seeking new ways to feel engaged and stimulated after retirement. You've come to the right place to share and learn from a community that understands exactly what you're experiencing. Given your background in education, you might enjoy the brain training games like OzWord, which focuses on Australian-related words, or even involve your granddaughter in the game. It could be a delightful way to stay sharp and bond over something fun and educational. Feeling fulfilled in retirement is indeed a journey, and it's all about finding those things that fill your days with joy and purpose. The community here is fantastic, and we're all learning from each other. If you have any questions or need a bit of guidance navigating the site, don't hesitate to ask. We’re all here to help and make your time here enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing you around in the forums! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!