Members helping members

Good morning members!

I wanted to start this thread because lately we have had a lot of members reaching out for help, nothing has been too big of an ask at all, but as a small business we can only do so much, so I thought I'd ask if any members are interested in helping other members out with simple, small tasks? Or if you have any kids or grandkids that would be able to help out?

Maybe we can start a little 'Help a member' forum for you to comment on when you need help with something that another member might be able to help you with?

Our latest request, that unfortunately we cannot do ourselves, is one member of ours who is based in Lurnea NSW 2170 just needs his lawn mowed. He's been through quite the rough trot health-wise and can't afford the cost of getting a gardener out to mow the lawn. So if there are any lawn mowers, or members with kids / grandkids in the area who love mowing a lawn can you pop a comment in the comments below and the member in need will reach out with more details!

Also, I'd love your feedback on the 'Members helping members' forum? Let me know if you think this is something you would participate in.

Thanks so much!
Maddie.
WONDERFUL IDEA! A members 'DIRECTORY' of volunteers sounds like a good step forward?
In my 70's, and living in Bomaderry, NSW, I have been sewing since I was 8 years old. Due to the immoral cost of fabrics at Spotlight, I no longer make my own clothes, but I do miss sewing.
If anyone needs a hem taken up, dress taken in (or let out if possible) torn seams repairs, trousers taken up, a zip repaired, I am happy to volunteer my sewing services. I don't have a car, so you will have to come to me. not sure how this will work, but hay, let's give it a go?

Hi everyone, here is the new forum as promised - https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/forums/members-helping-members.29/

Check out my first post for those who need help as well, just pop what you need help with, your suburb, and postcode in the heading and then in the description you can explain the situation you're in and what you need help with! I REALLY hope this takes off, it would be incredible to see members helping members ❤️

@Nanna Josephine what a BRILLIANT idea!!!! I was talking to the team the other day about maybe starting an over 60s job board (because I haven't been able to find one for a few members who have emailed in asking if we know where to find jobs for them), maybe we can start a Job and Volunteer board?! Let me talk to my technical team and see how hard that is to build 😄 I love these ideas, but I'm no tech head so I have no idea how these things work! I also love your volunteering idea. If I ever need a dress hemmed I'll have to drive down from Sydney!

WONDERFUL IDEA! A members 'DIRECTORY' of volunteers sounds like a good step forward?
In my 70's, and living in Bomaderry, NSW, I have been sewing since I was 8 years old. Due to the immoral cost of fabrics at Spotlight, I no longer make my own clothes, but I do miss sewing.
If anyone needs a hem taken up, dress taken in (or let out if possible) torn seams repairs, trousers taken up, a zip repaired, I am happy to volunteer my sewing services. I don't have a car, so you will have to come to me. not sure how this will work, but hay, let's give it a go?
I live south of Nowra, you could be my Saviour, I can't even sew a button on so it stays! :)

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Members helping members

Good morning members!

I wanted to start this thread because lately we have had a lot of members reaching out for help, nothing has been too big of an ask at all, but as a small business we can only do so much, so I thought I'd ask if any members are interested in helping other members out with simple, small tasks? Or if you have any kids or grandkids that would be able to help out?

Maybe we can start a little 'Help a member' forum for you to comment on when you need help with something that another member might be able to help you with?

Our latest request, that unfortunately we cannot do ourselves, is one member of ours who is based in Lurnea NSW 2170 just needs his lawn mowed. He's been through quite the rough trot health-wise and can't afford the cost of getting a gardener out to mow the lawn. So if there are any lawn mowers, or members with kids / grandkids in the area who love mowing a lawn can you pop a comment in the comments below and the member in need will reach out with more details!

Also, I'd love your feedback on the 'Members helping members' forum? Let me know if you think this is something you would participate in.

Thanks so much!
Maddie.
A lovely idea!

Reactions: Ricci
Hi everyone, here is the new forum as promised - https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/forums/members-helping-members.29/

Check out my first post for those who need help as well, just pop what you need help with, your suburb, and postcode in the heading and then in the description you can explain the situation you're in and what you need help with! I REALLY hope this takes off, it would be incredible to see members helping members ❤️

@Nanna Josephine what a BRILLIANT idea!!!! I was talking to the team the other day about maybe starting an over 60s job board (because I haven't been able to find one for a few members who have emailed in asking if we know where to find jobs for them), maybe we can start a Job and Volunteer board?! Let me talk to my technical team and see how hard that is to build 😄 I love these ideas, but I'm no tech head so I have no idea how these things work! I also love your volunteering idea. If I ever need a dress hemmed I'll have to drive down from Sydney!
thank you Maddison. since mentioning that I am willing to volunteer my sewing services, I've had a few people wanting to know more. I'm a bit nervous about giving out my phone number or email address! that's just so sad on every level. I gave one person my old, back up email address and I will chat to them there, rather than risk my mobile phone etc.

• Love
Reactions: MindyMac and Ricci
Best idea ever - live alone and do not drive - am eighty years old and often need help!!
Edit your message and confirm what suburb and state (as some states have same suburb) you are in and what sort of things you need help with. Like mowing lawn & edges, taking you grocery shopping say once a week when they go shopping. If others needs then just state what you need help with. Also, play it safe and never ever give them your banking details, bank cards, they should never expect payment for helping you. Please always Stay Safe.

thank you Maddison. since mentioning that I am willing to volunteer my sewing services, I've had a few people wanting to know more. I'm a bit nervous about giving out my phone number or email address! that's just so sad on every level. I gave one person my old, back up email address and I will chat to them there, rather than risk my mobile phone etc.
Always play it safe as their could be scammers linked here.