SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Members helping members

Good morning members!

I wanted to start this thread because lately we have had a lot of members reaching out for help, nothing has been too big of an ask at all, but as a small business we can only do so much, so I thought I'd ask if any members are interested in helping other members out with simple, small tasks? Or if you have any kids or grandkids that would be able to help out?

Maybe we can start a little 'Help a member' forum for you to comment on when you need help with something that another member might be able to help you with?

Our latest request, that unfortunately we cannot do ourselves, is one member of ours who is based in Lurnea NSW 2170 just needs his lawn mowed. He's been through quite the rough trot health-wise and can't afford the cost of getting a gardener out to mow the lawn. So if there are any lawn mowers, or members with kids / grandkids in the area who love mowing a lawn can you pop a comment in the comments below and the member in need will reach out with more details!

Also, I'd love your feedback on the 'Members helping members' forum? Let me know if you think this is something you would participate in.

Thanks so much!
Maddie.

What a great idea! In my case, I’d be over the moon if I could engage a willing gardener to attend to my hopelessly-out-of-shape little garden please. I’ve spent the last couple of months in hospital, and I can’t afford a gardener. A little bit of landscaping within the same garden would be ideal too. I live in greater Blacktown, NSW. I’d be pleased to receive replies. Have a great day! 😊🙏🏻

Members helping members

Good morning members!

I wanted to start this thread because lately we have had a lot of members reaching out for help, nothing has been too big of an ask at all, but as a small business we can only do so much, so I thought I'd ask if any members are interested in helping other members out with simple, small tasks? Or if you have any kids or grandkids that would be able to help out?

Maybe we can start a little 'Help a member' forum for you to comment on when you need help with something that another member might be able to help you with?

Our latest request, that unfortunately we cannot do ourselves, is one member of ours who is based in Lurnea NSW 2170 just needs his lawn mowed. He's been through quite the rough trot health-wise and can't afford the cost of getting a gardener out to mow the lawn. So if there are any lawn mowers, or members with kids / grandkids in the area who love mowing a lawn can you pop a comment in the comments below and the member in need will reach out with more details!

Also, I'd love your feedback on the 'Members helping members' forum? Let me know if you think this is something you would participate in.

Thanks so much!
Maddie.
This is a great idea. Let’s keep it going

This is amazing ! Thank you for putting this post up. I think people are going to get alot of help through it.

It would be great to see other threads.

A get to know you ! I know we have new members but it would be good to further this , even photos to names

Holidays or hidden gems you know !

A thread of topics you like to discuss

A Grandparents topics thread

what was the funniest prank you have either done or was done to you

I love this idea, especially as I feel I can trust this forum. I am fortunately quite fit and healthy and would be more than happy to help out with some lawn mowing or gardening, but I am a little hesitant of offering my services on some other online forums- just not quite sure what I might be letting myself in for.

Members helping members

Good morning members!

Thanks so much!
Maddie.
I think it’s a fantastic idea I’m a pensioner and with today’s inflation going through the roof I struggle with the cost of handyman work
Also it’s a good way to meet and make friends great idea

Wow everyone! This is such an incredible response! I wasn't sure how this would go! @Jenny I totally understand the hesitation, you can always personally message members on our forum by clicking the little letter icon in the top right of your screen! That way you can talk to other members around you privately :) we also have people's emails, postcodes, ages etc. so if you're ever worried someone is a bit off or something doesn't seem right you can always message me or email [email protected] and we can investigate it for you!

What I might do for everyone who needs help is start a separate forum, and everyone can post their location and what they need help with in separate threads? That way, members can just navigate to the posts that are relevant to them rather than having to scroll through this one post? I will post the new thread shortly and will send the link here!