Meghan Markle faces backlash for “meddling” with US politics, critics say she should be stripped of royal titles

The Duchess of Sussex has come under fire after she commented on US President Joe Biden's pick of Ketanji Brown Jackson as Supreme Court Justice, with many critics calling for Meghan to be stripped of her royal titles for "meddling" in American politics.

2QrN89H6yF0l3LnK6jvdaQwZyVl3I-ZigvoTZjEu5S_Lv49XuZsK6MiyfMcqSh2zCIYoVmKzr6MAzF8YyDRN9A5uuP7KDPHO7V6XVvNmxf7MB2-USpYLRD0ryfuIpQHkTTLtv5U

Critics call for Meghan to be stripped of her royal titles as she continues to “intrude” into US politics. Credit: Getty Images.

In a recent interview with Anita Hill for URL Media, Meghan shared some sentiments on the appointment of Judge Jackson as Supreme Court Justice.

"Judge Jackson’s nomination has opened new ground for women’s representation at the highest level of a judicial system that for too long has tilted against the very community she hails from," the duchess said.

"For the millions of young women who will rightfully find inspiration from this moment, let’s remind ourselves that Black achievement is something that exists not just today or yesterday, and not just in moments of celebration, but as a fabric woven into the entire chronicle of the American story."

Anita said that Meghan and Judge Jackson have some "measure of parallelism" as the duchess has "her experience navigating uncharted territory as a Black woman".

QQk1VrBuGHGDRf8mtDbO4loIAjkxg3aKelqaN08c7iReuRApl1ZYZkDY7RVspcbXACbHybfS4hRZvUEhEU-BGDLEhnawKrNbTlUDLSqz8Ie5dSJcxT4VnkOSuejJKXA6Kctmr10

Meghan shared her sentiments over the appointment of Judge Jackson as Super Court Justice. Credit: Getty Images.

It was said that Meghan is increasingly becoming more vocal about US politics, with some reports suggesting that the estranged royal is eyeing a political career.

Last year, the estranged royal made the headlines after she cold-called US senators to campaign for paid parental leave.

Meghan's move of using her royal title to urge the politicians to act on her advocacy was said to have caused controversy.

Republican Representative Jason Smith of Missouri criticised the duchess for intruding in US politics, urging the Queen to have Meghan's titles stripped and stop her from using them for political leverage.

Meanwhile, Meghan said she would do "everything" in her power to change US policy.

Speaking on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, Meghan said: "I think that people truly forget, or don't even know that in this country, it's one of the only six countries in the entire world and the only wealthy nation in the entire world that does not mandate and have a federal paid leave programme."

"Everybody knows, especially if you have had a child and even if you haven't, you know how hard it is and how critical it is in those first few weeks if not months to be together as a family."

"And the fact that we don't offer that here is something that now as a mom of two, I will do everything that I can to make sure that we can implement that for people."

The duchess said that her advocacy for paid parental leave was not her way of getting into politics, labelling the cause as a "humanitarian issue".

"I don't see this as a political issue frankly," Meghan said during the New York Times DealBook summit.

"There is a precedent among my husband's family, the royal family, of not having any involvement in politics. From my standpoint, this is a humanitarian issue."

-jGMQdRlYZQwvZjHwFxgQsqe_yZ6rAyovZ1cYewEt4J0Pvzcn3rK3kIxdzEv48r5rcSclE9uvbmQnXB8OfalOWo7da_wzg2QesRw5-3ABj1aMiKkQT_djhQtPLt6Bc8IJnH4qFU

Meghan made the headlines last year after she cold-called US senators for her paid parental leave advocacy. Credit: Getty Images.

It was also speculated that the estranged royal was planning to use the publicity from the Oprah Winfrey interview to launch her political career.

Meanwhile, it was reported that Buckingham Palace was arduously distancing itself from the Sussexes over their political remarks.

The Palace released a statement regarding the matter saying that " the Duke is not a working member of the Royal Family" and describing the Sussexes' politically-charged statements as "made in a personal capacity".

Sponsored
Meghan Markle faces backlash for “meddling” with US politics, critics say she should be stripped of royal titles

The Duchess of Sussex has come under fire after she commented on US President Joe Biden's pick of Ketanji Brown Jackson as Supreme Court Justice, with many critics calling for Meghan to be stripped of her royal titles for "meddling" in American politics.

2QrN89H6yF0l3LnK6jvdaQwZyVl3I-ZigvoTZjEu5S_Lv49XuZsK6MiyfMcqSh2zCIYoVmKzr6MAzF8YyDRN9A5uuP7KDPHO7V6XVvNmxf7MB2-USpYLRD0ryfuIpQHkTTLtv5U

Critics call for Meghan to be stripped of her royal titles as she continues to “intrude” into US politics. Credit: Getty Images.

In a recent interview with Anita Hill for URL Media, Meghan shared some sentiments on the appointment of Judge Jackson as Supreme Court Justice.

"Judge Jackson’s nomination has opened new ground for women’s representation at the highest level of a judicial system that for too long has tilted against the very community she hails from," the duchess said.

"For the millions of young women who will rightfully find inspiration from this moment, let’s remind ourselves that Black achievement is something that exists not just today or yesterday, and not just in moments of celebration, but as a fabric woven into the entire chronicle of the American story."

Anita said that Meghan and Judge Jackson have some "measure of parallelism" as the duchess has "her experience navigating uncharted territory as a Black woman".

QQk1VrBuGHGDRf8mtDbO4loIAjkxg3aKelqaN08c7iReuRApl1ZYZkDY7RVspcbXACbHybfS4hRZvUEhEU-BGDLEhnawKrNbTlUDLSqz8Ie5dSJcxT4VnkOSuejJKXA6Kctmr10

Meghan shared her sentiments over the appointment of Judge Jackson as Super Court Justice. Credit: Getty Images.

It was said that Meghan is increasingly becoming more vocal about US politics, with some reports suggesting that the estranged royal is eyeing a political career.

Last year, the estranged royal made the headlines after she cold-called US senators to campaign for paid parental leave.

Meghan's move of using her royal title to urge the politicians to act on her advocacy was said to have caused controversy.

Republican Representative Jason Smith of Missouri criticised the duchess for intruding in US politics, urging the Queen to have Meghan's titles stripped and stop her from using them for political leverage.

Meanwhile, Meghan said she would do "everything" in her power to change US policy.

Speaking on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, Meghan said: "I think that people truly forget, or don't even know that in this country, it's one of the only six countries in the entire world and the only wealthy nation in the entire world that does not mandate and have a federal paid leave programme."

"Everybody knows, especially if you have had a child and even if you haven't, you know how hard it is and how critical it is in those first few weeks if not months to be together as a family."

"And the fact that we don't offer that here is something that now as a mom of two, I will do everything that I can to make sure that we can implement that for people."

The duchess said that her advocacy for paid parental leave was not her way of getting into politics, labelling the cause as a "humanitarian issue".

"I don't see this as a political issue frankly," Meghan said during the New York Times DealBook summit.

"There is a precedent among my husband's family, the royal family, of not having any involvement in politics. From my standpoint, this is a humanitarian issue."

-jGMQdRlYZQwvZjHwFxgQsqe_yZ6rAyovZ1cYewEt4J0Pvzcn3rK3kIxdzEv48r5rcSclE9uvbmQnXB8OfalOWo7da_wzg2QesRw5-3ABj1aMiKkQT_djhQtPLt6Bc8IJnH4qFU

Meghan made the headlines last year after she cold-called US senators for her paid parental leave advocacy. Credit: Getty Images.

It was also speculated that the estranged royal was planning to use the publicity from the Oprah Winfrey interview to launch her political career.

Meanwhile, it was reported that Buckingham Palace was arduously distancing itself from the Sussexes over their political remarks.

The Palace released a statement regarding the matter saying that " the Duke is not a working member of the Royal Family" and describing the Sussexes' politically-charged statements as "made in a personal capacity".
Talk about having a foot in both camps! If she says her comments are in the context of humanity as a private citizen, then stop using the royal titles. You can’t have it both ways.

What on earth is wrong with people! I have come to realise that there is no cure for stupid. On the news last night I saw Prince Charles speak out about the atrocities happening in Ukraine. He condemned Russia, should he no longer be king. Too many haters in the world.

Perhaps she missed school the day that the significance of 4 July 1776 was discussed and therefore does not realise that using her royal connection is rather inappropriate?
The media have a lot to answer for they should just stop calling her "the Duchess" and use her name only. Also the Brits need to play fair Andrew did the wrong thing and got stripped of his status they should have done the same thing with Harry and expecially Meg a long time ago.

Megan Markle is an American citizen and therefore entitled to speak out on any subject she wants. Despite the title, they both are not working members of the royal family. Anything they have to say (except Royal family business) is their own personal opinion.

Strip them both of any titles, after all the angst they have caused the Queen and are too entrenched in American goings on. Can't have the best of both worlds. Not working for The Firm, Andrew was stripped of all titles, same should be apply to Harry and the wife.

She is a self made woman who has a backbone. She should be queen and give the firm a backbone and not just bow and whimper to popular media incase they get thrown out of there position in life. If the media doesn't like what she says then they should not ask her for comment and leave them alone. but she is american born and has the rights of americans, which is written into there constitution of freedom of speech.

Megan Markle is an American citizen and therefore entitled to speak out on any subject she wants. Despite the title, they both are not working members of the royal family. Anything they have to say (except Royal family business) is their own personal opinion.
No..they stepped down as "working members of the royal family".... so when they're making public comments, they should just be the 'American couple' Mr&Mrs...as they are not representing the Queen nor the RF nor England...so why do they hang on to these titles???

Reactions: marlenelamb
Talk about having a foot in both camps! If she says her comments are in the context of humanity as a private citizen, then stop using the royal titles. You can’t have it both ways.
Agree absolutely. Strip her of the title
Duchess!!!! are you serious, She is a nothing more than a grifter, she uses the royal title for monetary gain.
She is a nasty piece of work, these constant interviews about the Royal family. It’s all rubbish.
Shame on her