Meghan Markle draws flak in a recent tell-all interview after comparison with Nelson Mandela: 'She's just full of it'

Several morning show hosts criticised Meghan Markle's most recent interview, in which she was compared to South African activist Nelson Mandela.

The interview with The Cut was published on Monday, and in it, Meghan discussed many subjects, including her husband, Prince Harry's connection with his family, the privacy of her children, and her return to Instagram.

However, it was the comments comparing her with Nelson Mandela that caused the most controversy and division.

GIk8ss5QqT0cR7b9NalurgcfQAvRhZGeGETO3WY9jdl5ZFTaAAV-QmSZW1oIpv9fupe9UCpaPzBP7WDjVGfiEIAQcVsgF4urXq0r_zW4bPnE2FMGFjU48bdkRBqYNLgJFp3annu6RbsMakYsTJQvO1A

Meghan's most recent tell-all interview caused a lot of controversies. Credit: The Cut.

In the controversial article, the Duchess recalled a conversation that took place during the 2019 London premiere of the live-action adaptation of The Lion King. 'I just had Archie. It was such a cruel chapter. I was scared to go out,' she said.

Then, she came across one of the show's cast members who happened to hail from South Africa. 'He looked at me, and he's just like light,' she remembered, after first seeing him.

What the cast member stated next, though, is what surprised Meghan and became one of the controversial topics in the explosive interview with The Cut.

He looked at the Duchess and said, 'I just need you to know: When you married into this family, we rejoiced in the streets the same we did when Mandela was freed from prison.'

Even though the interview made it clear that Meghan 'knows she's no Mandela,' the flood of hateful comments directed at her after the story came out did not cease.

yybfBwTeXHozCkCD7ueGfLVv66ch6oSCNAV9OyzZjs8QBUEBpUYE9kcXsuJFSO8A3q_Z7M4WJ_qSNENCkf4nxMc1B6xPx1lcC_pZ9kEJ1Mc417P6rZSyPBWXeHWyk-CJPzUGS-FyoPXUmrqrwljal5U

The hosts of Sunrise, David Koch and Natalie Barr spoke about Meghan Markle on the show. Credit: news.com.au/Sunrise.

One of the Aussie media personalities who took a jab at the Duchess is Natalie Barr, who labelled Meghan 'a t****r' during an intense rant on the morning show.

'I couldn't even stomach getting through the whole article,' she told Sunrise co-hosts David Koch and Edwina Bartholomew.

'I think in Australia, we'd say she's just full of it. She's a t****r. She's a total t****r!' Barr went on to say.

'That's how we would describe her. I just can't… the way she speaks.'

Barr's comments came not long after Allison Langdon, co-host of the competing morning show Today, poked fun at the Duchess of Sussex in a similar way.

Even though there were a lot of new allegations about Meghan's time at The Firm, Langdon, her co-host Karl Stefanovic, and reporter Tracy Vo only laughed and dismissed everything that the former royal said.

'That one, I feel, is tone-deaf,' said Langdon.

KFef4aGaYwpxPh0vNzRrr2OlHnTaT-AKZwPOiHveUm8My8RBs-qJpyRpPdaIwppbe5o52XERQYpXYSUJS40uLQqlYSAMy0mfIOooKsWPXeHvmBWNy1OhIUKcUTuJpmYvDXYUi0wjlq6Z6q8H-Q6P4to

Meghan's remarks were so widely criticised that even the Today show anchors got in on the fun. Credit: Nine.

Then, Stefanovic made several snide remarks about how Meghan was comparing herself to Nelson Mandela.

'I think (Meghan) is probably a little misunderstood, don't you reckon?' he quipped. 'It's hard to see how that would sit with (the royal family), especially the Mandela references.'

'Yeah, I think it's time to support her, especially after the Mandela comments,' Stefanovic added, obviously with loads of sarcasm from his side.

'Anyone who compares themselves to Mandela, I think, is fair enough.'

The world-famous Nelson Mandela was imprisoned on an island for 27 years as a result of his opposition to South Africa's brutal apartheid system.

After his release in 1990, he immediately set to work dismantling the country's racist government, eventually becoming South Africa's first democratically elected president.

cchNmSMVTLRO-G-rEqS3FU8jT-QPIlKzJV5yzFwxyc7ltpsZVaGpxHEciGm1fsLhNKEcYdwIQp75PJ1YczEJdvDMKWpp0ZT6EQZcU_lwFvLix4xfV-qynJy9itVtEt6joA_boVoHAaEAM_3fMou18S4

Photograph of Mandla Mandela and his late grandfather Nelson Mandela. Credit: Charles Pullen.

Even Mandla Mandela, the late Nelson Mandela's grandson, called Meghan out for 'inappropriately' comparing her wedding to his grandfather's release from prison, which only served to further sour the Duchess' reputation.

In an interview with an online news outlet, Mr Mandela said: 'It can never be compared to the celebration of someone's wedding.'

'Madiba's celebration was based on overcoming 350 years of colonialism with 60 years of a brutal apartheid regime in South Africa. So it cannot be equated to as the same.'

If the Duchess wants to be perceived as more like his grandfather, Mr Mandela also suggested that she should become a 'champion and advocate' for the things he supported in his later years.

The celebrations for his grandfather's release, he argued, were much more significant and essential than Meghan's marriage 'to a white prince'.

'Nelson Mandela's release from jail was the culmination of nearly 350 years of struggle in which generations of our people paid with their lives.'

So what do you think, folks? The comparison of Meghan to Nelson Mandela definitely raised a lot of eyebrows, but was it tone-deaf and inappropriate? Or do you think it's unfair that she's getting so much flak for something that wasn't said by her?

Feel free to leave a comment below with your views and opinions on this topic!

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
Several morning show hosts criticised Meghan Markle's most recent interview, in which she was compared to South African activist Nelson Mandela.

The interview with The Cut was published on Monday, and in it, Meghan discussed many subjects, including her husband, Prince Harry's connection with his family, the privacy of her children, and her return to Instagram.

However, it was the comments comparing her with Nelson Mandela that caused the most controversy and division.

GIk8ss5QqT0cR7b9NalurgcfQAvRhZGeGETO3WY9jdl5ZFTaAAV-QmSZW1oIpv9fupe9UCpaPzBP7WDjVGfiEIAQcVsgF4urXq0r_zW4bPnE2FMGFjU48bdkRBqYNLgJFp3annu6RbsMakYsTJQvO1A

Meghan's most recent tell-all interview caused a lot of controversies. Credit: The Cut.

In the controversial article, the Duchess recalled a conversation that took place during the 2019 London premiere of the live-action adaptation of The Lion King. 'I just had Archie. It was such a cruel chapter. I was scared to go out,' she said.

Then, she came across one of the show's cast members who happened to hail from South Africa. 'He looked at me, and he's just like light,' she remembered, after first seeing him.

What the cast member stated next, though, is what surprised Meghan and became one of the controversial topics in the explosive interview with The Cut.

He looked at the Duchess and said, 'I just need you to know: When you married into this family, we rejoiced in the streets the same we did when Mandela was freed from prison.'

Even though the interview made it clear that Meghan 'knows she's no Mandela,' the flood of hateful comments directed at her after the story came out did not cease.

yybfBwTeXHozCkCD7ueGfLVv66ch6oSCNAV9OyzZjs8QBUEBpUYE9kcXsuJFSO8A3q_Z7M4WJ_qSNENCkf4nxMc1B6xPx1lcC_pZ9kEJ1Mc417P6rZSyPBWXeHWyk-CJPzUGS-FyoPXUmrqrwljal5U

The hosts of Sunrise, David Koch and Natalie Barr spoke about Meghan Markle on the show. Credit: news.com.au/Sunrise.

One of the Aussie media personalities who took a jab at the Duchess is Natalie Barr, who labelled Meghan 'a t****r' during an intense rant on the morning show.

'I couldn't even stomach getting through the whole article,' she told Sunrise co-hosts David Koch and Edwina Bartholomew.

'I think in Australia, we'd say she's just full of it. She's a t****r. She's a total t****r!' Barr went on to say.

Barr's comments came not long after Allison Langdon, co-host of the competing morning show Today, poked fun at the Duchess of Sussex in a similar way.

Even though there were a lot of new allegations about Meghan's time at The Firm, Langdon, her co-host Karl Stefanovic, and reporter Tracy Vo only laughed and dismissed everything that the former royal said.

KFef4aGaYwpxPh0vNzRrr2OlHnTaT-AKZwPOiHveUm8My8RBs-qJpyRpPdaIwppbe5o52XERQYpXYSUJS40uLQqlYSAMy0mfIOooKsWPXeHvmBWNy1OhIUKcUTuJpmYvDXYUi0wjlq6Z6q8H-Q6P4to

Meghan's remarks were so widely criticised that even the Today show anchors got in on the fun. Credit: Nine.

Then, Stefanovic made several snide remarks about how Meghan was comparing herself to Nelson Mandela.

'I think (Meghan) is probably a little misunderstood, don't you reckon?' he quipped. 'It's hard to see how that would sit with (the royal family), especially the Mandela references.'

'Yeah, I think it's time to support her, especially after the Mandela comments,' Stefanovic added, obviously with loads of sarcasm from his side.

The world-famous Nelson Mandela was imprisoned on an island for 27 years as a result of his opposition to South Africa's brutal apartheid system.

After his release in 1990, he immediately set to work dismantling the country's racist government, eventually becoming South Africa's first democratically elected president.

cchNmSMVTLRO-G-rEqS3FU8jT-QPIlKzJV5yzFwxyc7ltpsZVaGpxHEciGm1fsLhNKEcYdwIQp75PJ1YczEJdvDMKWpp0ZT6EQZcU_lwFvLix4xfV-qynJy9itVtEt6joA_boVoHAaEAM_3fMou18S4

Photograph of Mandla Mandela and his late grandfather Nelson Mandela. Credit: Charles Pullen.

Even Mandla Mandela, the late Nelson Mandela's grandson, called Meghan out for 'inappropriately' comparing her wedding to his grandfather's release from prison, which only served to further sour the Duchess' reputation.

In an interview with an online news outlet, Mr Mandela said: 'It can never be compared to the celebration of someone's wedding.'

'Madiba's celebration was based on overcoming 350 years of colonialism with 60 years of a brutal apartheid regime in South Africa. So it cannot be equated to as the same.'

If the Duchess wants to be perceived as more like his grandfather, Mr Mandela also suggested that she should become a 'champion and advocate' for the things he supported in his later years.

The celebrations for his grandfather's release, he argued, were much more significant and essential than Meghan's marriage 'to a white prince'.

'Nelson Mandela's release from jail was the culmination of nearly 350 years of struggle in which generations of our people paid with their lives.'

So what do you think, folks? The comparison of Meghan to Nelson Mandela definitely raised a lot of eyebrows, but was it tone-deaf and inappropriate? Or do you think it's unfair that she's getting so much flak for something that wasn't said by her?

I can’t stand Meghan Markle, never could she’s so fake and full of B/S. She is so into herself and stands for nothing. What Harry sees in her is beyond me.🙄👎

In the beginning I liked her , but it didn't take long until she showed her true colours .
I thought at one time how could ger father and sister say all that nasty stuff . But I'm guessing they are right

How can she say the crowd at her wedding was equal to Mandelas release from prison.
She is definitely not on the same level as he was.
I think she thought she would become a princess marrying Harry

In the beginning I liked her , but it didn't take long until she showed her true colours .
I thought at one time how could ger father and sister say all that nasty stuff . But I'm guessing they are right

How can she say the crowd at her wedding was equal to Mandelas release from prison.
She is definitely not on the same level as he was.
I think she thought she would become a princess marrying Harry
I think this was put on by the lieing media just cause trouble

Reactions: Sloopy and Ricci

Can’t be bothered to read this!! Is anyone else sick of the sight (& stories) about this narcissistic, self centred drama 🎭 queen?!?!?!

Harry is stuck with this biatch ! He can't leave her and return to the UK, he will lose his children. Serves him right. He gave up his country, his family, for her and all she does is suing everybody and talks about his family ...... Oprah W. show and the media. She so wants to be in the public eye and media. She is a gold digger and that is why she married him, for the fame and fortune. Harry could have married the most beautiful & intelligent English Rose, like his brother, but nah, he wanted to be different. So ol' Harry, you made your bed with this woman, now sleep on it. This marriage will not last a lifetime. Blood is Thicker than Water.

When Harry was about to marry Meghan (American, divorcee) I thought: "here we go! History repeating itself". I was sure she would cause trouble, splitting him from his family, etc. She could have done so much for other coloured/mixed race people, but it s all about her! I feel sorry for Harry who has fallen for her, and looking at recent videos and photos I think their marriage is not a happy one either....

Shes a nut case and should keep her mouth shut..Harry will ditch her soon enough

I did think that maybe she'd be happy after dragging Harry away from his family, country and everything he's ever known but no. I don't think she will ever be happy and settled no matter what Harry does to please her, it's not in her nature. Poor old Harry has lost his easy, ready cheeky grin, in fact I haven't seen a picture of him smiling for some time now. I hope he leaves the door ajar to enable him to return to the UK when the s**t hits the fan as I fear it will.:(

She’s just another wannabe☹️

In her recent two podcasts with Serena & Mariah, our poor Meghan managed to manipulate the conversation back to her! Meghan is so insecure! She is, I think a narcissist. She wants privacy, yet avoids it. She is litigious in nature & will eventually end up in the courts seeking alimony from the hapless Harry. Meghan should be taking those two grandchildren to see HER father BEFORE he dies! To use them to hurt him is disgraceful.

Reactions: Sue Lay and Ricci

I can tell you a true funny story about apartheid. I used to lie in the sun and being of dark complexion myself although both parents and my heritage is white Anglo Saxon. I used to go a real dark tan, a friend of mine was of mixed race Indian, we were in South Africa and had gone ashore as was our want to have a drink in a local watering hole. The first pub we came to I was told that I come in as it was a white only bar? my mate was going to have a go when I told that I'd meet him at the one up the road in half an hour. We couldn't get over the stupidity of these laws.

Harry is stuck with this biatch ! He can't leave her and return to the UK, he will lose his children. Serves him right. He gave up his country, his family, for her and all she does is suing everybody and talks about his family ...... Oprah W. show and the media. She so wants to be in the public eye and media. She is a gold digger and that is why she married him, for the fame and fortune. Harry could have married the most beautiful & intelligent English Rose, like his brother, but nah, he wanted to be different. So ol' Harry, you made your bed with this woman, now sleep on it. This marriage will not last a lifetime. Blood is Thicker than Water.
I don't she realised what being the spare really meant when she married him and when the penny dropped she was already up the spud with the first chavvie. So now she spreading as much dirt and shit as she can, but the little boy who cried wolf comes to mind.

Very easy to criticize, as far as what Harry sees in her What a cheek I think it's called love each to their own

Can’t be bothered to read this!! Is anyone else sick of the sight (& stories) about this narcissistic, self centred drama 🎭 queen?!?!?!
Yes absolutely agree with you. I don’t r
read much of her personal stuff & would never listen to her dribble podcasts. She so full of B/S. Why that royals haven’t taken her & Harry’s titles away is beyond me🙄

Yes absolutely agree with you. I don’t r
read much of her personal stuff & would never listen to her dribble podcasts. She so full of B/S. Why that royals haven’t taken her & Harry’s titles away is beyond me🙄
Yes, she s forever complaining about the Royals, but wouldnt dream of giving up her title!!!

There is only two people I feel sorry for in this sorry saga and that is Archie and Lillibet as far as their parents go they get what they deserve, they wanted financial independence well they have to earn it and not expect handouts while trying to get to that point to support the life style they expect and want.

Reactions: Ricci and Noraya
I thought she left the UK to get away from the media, but she keeps popping up, so much for a private life. By the way I never realised she was 'coloured' until she bought it up!