I have just received this email from MyGov
Dear Client,

We are writing to inform you that this is a secure message sent to your myGov online portal as part of our ongoing security measures. We have detected unusual activity on your account.

Due to this suspicious activity, your online access has been temporarily limited. To restore full access, please verify your information.​
Your security is our priority. If you have any questions, please visit the myGov website for further assistance.​
For more information about how we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information, go to the <a style="color: rgb(44, 181, 67); line-height: 17px !important; font-size: 14px; text-decoration: underline; mso-line-height-rule: exactly;" href=">myGov privacy notice.

do not think it is Legit though with this email
Account Review
please do not reply or click on links in this email​

Its the older people that don't know, that I feel get taken in by these scamers.

Yes 100%.
Truly despicable people, taking advantage of one's declining alertness when getting older.
Not much scares me, but am horrified at the thought of being tricked by such bottom feeders when I lose a certain level of awareness.

I have been receiving regular emails, supposedly from Pinterest telling me they have had to suspend access to one of my Pins due to duplication. A further email tells me to use a certain number to access this. Those numbers can be received several times a day & change on each occasion. I just ignore & delete these.

Dear Client,

We are writing to inform you that this is a secure message sent to your myGov online portal as part of our ongoing security measures. We have detected unusual activity on your account.

Due to this suspicious activity, your online access has been temporarily limited. To restore full access, please verify your information.​

Your security is our priority. If you have any questions, please visit the myGov website for further assistance.​

For more information about how we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information, go to the <a style="color: rgb(44, 181, 67); line-height: 17px !important; font-size: 14px; text-decoration: underline; mso-line-height-rule: exactly;" href=">myGov privacy notice.

Account Review

I would be immediately suspicious of such a message: MyGov have never emailed me, a text message telling me that there is a new message in my MyGov Inbox (as happened yesterday... and there was...) and to login to MyGov to read it but NEVER with a hyperlink for me to follow. I would immediately treat such an email as this as an attempted phishing scam and take a screenshot before deleting and immediately report it to Scamwatch!

Dear Client,

Account Review

This email screams scam. Please contact the the so called emailer. Even if it is Centrelink and you are on hold for ever better to double check if you are not sure.
Kind regards to all Vicki

I had another scam one from MyGov Tax this time see below
my.gov.au

Tue, 9 July at 11:26 am

Hello
Your income tax return has pending verification. View your income tax notice of assessment for more information VIEW INCOME TAX STATEMENT You can manage your tax and superannuation affairs using ATO online services. Message reference : POL-437 Reception : Australian Taxation Office Regards, myGov Team.

look at the address it came from typical scam it really pays to be careful

Reactions: Ezzy
Dear Vicki the email it came from is to log into Microsoft account it is not a real email same as the other one I just received I did a email search and could not find anything just said could not find in other words Scam and thank you to all Who replied

Reactions: BellaB18 and Ezzy