Oaklegs

Jun 17, 2023
Medical centres

Reply to April, Sunday blog question.

Reply to April’s statement
, ‘One of the lesser-known joys of growing older is slowly understanding/solving all your health concerns.

Probably the best strategy is to sign on with a good medical centre that will look after your health problems. When you get old it is not easy to manage one’s health all by yourself. We are with ‘The Broadway Medical Centre’ in Busselton WA

We are now both 86 years old and this week I have had a full blood health check and the samples are being analysed for any problems that may be lurking there. My doctor is now aware that I am having a few short term memory problems so I was given a referral to get a CT scan of my brain and I had this the next day at Busselton hospital.

I also was aware that I was eligible for a Shingles vaccination so I had the first part of the two part procedure the same week. My next appointment with my doctor is in two weeks when the results of these tests will be revealed and discussed. We also receive regular health checks and checks on our general physical and mental health.

My medical centre picked up my need for a heart Pacemaker when I went there for my last driving test exam which is required in Western Australia when we reach our 80th birthday. So I had that installed and I am attending Bunbury hospital next week to check if everything is functioning as it should be.

We were advised to take care of our feet and we get referrals to see a Podiatrist 5 times every year. Needless to say my mobile phone has a list of reminders about appointments and so has our refrigerator too.