Meal delivery service slammed after mum’s nasty mince meat discovery: ‘Revolting without a doubt’

In today’s times, convenience is a buzzword many businesses and services use to attract customers through advances in consumer technology.

One way in which technology has made our lives easier is the rise of meal-kit delivery services, one of the most popular being HelloFresh.

In case you’re unfamiliar, it offers customers boxed dinners with all their required ingredients and recipes, and it's designed with flexibility in mind.

It’s a great way to guarantee healthier, more balanced meals without having to spend hours grocery shopping or planning meals!

However, there are times when convenience comes at a cost.

That’s a lesson one HelloFresh customer recently learned the hard way when she was cooking a meal for her family — only to find a nasty discovery.

[Content warning: Before you proceed, please be advised that there are images some viewers may find upsetting.]

Mum Jayden Brown took to Facebook to share photos of her meal, and surprisingly, the post wasn’t about the taste of the food she received, or even a seriously delayed delivery…

320041980_678202707218431_2407374293484671258_n.jpg
One mum was shocked to find elongated white objects in her minced meat. Image Credit: Facebook/Jayden Brown

It was about maggots she discovered rummaging through her meat!

‘Thanks HelloFresh for the maggots in our meat,’ she said in the caption, making sure to tag the business’ account.

It appears the disgusting little insects suddenly came out while she was stirring the meat in her frying pan.

One of the pictures even shows her catching one of the worms in a ladle for all to see (and gag at)!

‘I’m never ordering again,’ she added in a comment.

Understandably, many of those who saw her post were revolted at the ghastly sight.

‘That’s so f***ing disgusting girl! I would die seeing that,’ one woman said.

‘That is revolting without a doubt. But I’ve never had any issues with HelloFresh, (they’re) always helpful,’ another said.

‘I get HelloFresh every two weeks… (I) will be checking all my meat from now on!’ a third added.

HelloFresh reached Jayden through the comments section, where they thanked her for bringing the issue to their attention.

320041980_678202707218431_2407374293484671258_n.jpg
Jayden alleges she was forced to ‘make a fuss’ twice after HelloFresh refused to compensate her as she wished. Image Credit: Facebook/Jayden Brown

As anyone in her place would do, she got in touch with the company… and the exchange ended badly.

In an update posted in her original post’s comment section, Jayden wrote: ‘I just spoke on the phone to them and they’ve refused to refund me until I made a fuss…’

It’s also revealed that she had an advanced order (already paid for) that she wanted to be cancelled, but HelloFresh wasn’t budging.

‘Once again, I made a fuss, so they said I will get 50 per cent back.’

But it appears in the end, Jayden got her due.

In an official statement to the media, HelloFresh revealed that they agreed to give her a full refund and stressed that the quality of their ingredients is their topmost priority.

'We sincerely apologise that the experience the customer had was not up to our usual standards,’ they said.

'In order to ensure that this isolated incident doesn't repeat, our Food Safety and Quality Assurance team is conducting a thorough investigation together with our supplier.’

'We … are continuously working on training our customer teams to improve our service.'

Source: Instagram/@hellofreshau

We’re glad she was quick enough to make the discovery before eating the food, and that HelloFresh reacted to the issue, albeit in a way that left Jayden wanting.

Hopefully, Jayden’s is the last time we hear of maggots in mince meat.

We wouldn’t blame you though if you find yourself eyeing that meat in your holiday celebration a bit too much looking out for anything wriggling…

You may also want to check out how to get rid of maggots in your wheelie bins too.

So, what is your reaction to this story? What would you have done in Jayden’s place?

Share your thoughts below!

Attachments

• 320038348_1333450277416843_5942506908668232294_n.jpg
    320038348_1333450277416843_5942506908668232294_n.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 0
Sponsored
I had a huge problem getting a refund from Hello Fresh when they dropped off a box I hadn’t ordered. The delivery driver refused to take it back and the person I spoke to on the phone wasn’t willing to refund the money they had already take out of my account. I had to get stroppy before she finally agreed to refund half the money. I will never deal with the company again.

In today’s times, convenience is a buzzword many businesses and services use to attract customers through advances in consumer technology.

One way in which technology has made our lives easier is the rise of meal-kit delivery services, one of the most popular being HelloFresh.

In case you’re unfamiliar, it offers customers boxed dinners with all their required ingredients and recipes, and it's designed with flexibility in mind.

It’s a great way to guarantee healthier, more balanced meals without having to spend hours grocery shopping or planning meals!

That’s a lesson one HelloFresh customer recently learned the hard way when she was cooking a meal for her family — only to find a nasty discovery.

[Content warning: Before you proceed, please be advised that there are images some viewers may find upsetting.]

Mum Jayden Brown took to Facebook to share photos of her meal, and surprisingly, the post wasn’t about the taste of the food she received, or even a seriously delayed delivery…

View attachment 10597
One mum was shocked to find elongated white objects in her minced meat. Image Credit: Facebook/Jayden Brown

‘Thanks HelloFresh for the maggots in our meat,’ she said in the caption, making sure to tag the business’ account.

It appears the disgusting little insects suddenly came out while she was stirring the meat in her frying pan.

One of the pictures even shows her catching one of the worms in a ladle for all to see (and gag at)!

Understandably, many of those who saw her post were revolted at the ghastly sight.

‘That is revolting without a doubt. But I’ve never had any issues with HelloFresh, (they’re) always helpful,’ another said.

‘I get HelloFresh every two weeks… (I) will be checking all my meat from now on!’ a third added.

HelloFresh reached Jayden through the comments section, where they thanked her for bringing the issue to their attention.

View attachment 10597
Jayden alleges she was forced to ‘make a fuss’ twice after HelloFresh refused to compensate her as she wished. Image Credit: Facebook/Jayden Brown

As anyone in her place would do, she got in touch with the company… and the exchange ended badly.

In an update posted in her original post’s comment section, Jayden wrote: ‘I just spoke on the phone to them and they’ve refused to refund me until I made a fuss…’

It’s also revealed that she had an advanced order (already paid for) that she wanted to be cancelled, but HelloFresh wasn’t budging.

In an official statement to the media, HelloFresh revealed that they agreed to give her a full refund and stressed that the quality of their ingredients is their topmost priority.

'We sincerely apologise that the experience the customer had was not up to our usual standards,’ they said.

'In order to ensure that this isolated incident doesn't repeat, our Food Safety and Quality Assurance team is conducting a thorough investigation together with our supplier.’

'We … are continuously working on training our customer teams to improve our service.'

We’re glad she was quick enough to make the discovery before eating the food, and that HelloFresh reacted to the issue, albeit in a way that left Jayden wanting.

We wouldn’t blame you though if you find yourself eyeing that meat in your holiday celebration a bit too much looking out for anything wriggling…

You may also want to check out how to get rid of maggots in your wheelie bins too.
So, what is your reaction to this story? What would you have done in Jayden’s place?

It shouldn't happen if they are on the ball send in the food inspector's obviously something isn't cleaned or their meat is tainted prior to delivery something 's not right

You hear stories like this. It’s disgraceful . It makes you wonder how they are storing and packing the food!
Plus then having to fight to get a refund . They don’t seem to be bothered about their customers.
I had a dirty nail in my butter from a Cokes delivery. They swapped it after I took it into the store. They would not admit responsibility . Didn’t offer anything by way of compensation eg delivery fee.
I reported them to food standards and after the case had been closed the environmental health officer rang me and said the results were private ( privacy laws) but I could apply to find out what happened and pay $57 for the privilege!!
Just to add insult to injury.
What ever happened to keeping the customer happy?

View attachment 10597

View attachment 10597

I tried these type of meals the ones already made and found that it was much cheaper to make my own... And the most affordable ones were mainly pastas or rice based neither of which I eat especially pasta of any kind.... rice well a baked rice custard or fried rice thats it....

I've tried Hello fresh and found the quality good but I could buy the products cheaper and even the recipes I added my own touch.

I had ordered a box for my newly married daughter who could not cook nor could her husband . My only one who couldnt cook.

She loved it as the recipes are so simple.

She has stepped up and has let us show her different recipes and now she can cook.

She had gone ahead and ordered two more boxes of hello fresh she then thought she had cancelled but apparently hadn't and she received a box if hello fresh choices not hers and hated the recipes and was offered a $10 credit

This mob began their deliveries with us some years ago and were fantastic for 2 months only. From that point it started to go down hill from there. Missing the odd product occasionally given a credit refund, next the vegetables started to arrive looking like they were a week old. Next came pasta or rice with weevils, then chicken smelt off, until finally my delivery was made photo of delivery supplied and I made it down my driveway within mins to get delivery to find it wasn’t there. You guessed it delivery to wrong address after numerous phone calls delivery guy eventually admitted it was wrong address and he would retrieve it asap to no luck. But next day
It arrived opened no freezer blocks inside and everything was off. Contacting hello fresh telling them, no apology nor offer of replacement items but was given a credit. Finally I decided to give them 1 more chance to redeem themselves went to use my credit to find my account had been closed and no end to right themselves on various telephone conversations it was out of their hands. I politely told them where to stick their company and hung up. The call centre is is useless and their management need to take on board the business protocols correctly. To this day they keep sending me vouchers to once again to join. What do I do now RTS and rubbish them whenever I have a chance. By the way I am not the only one that this has occurred too. If you live in WA and want a very good service I can provide you details of that business that is wholly WA grown packaged and exceptionally great value

We used Hello Fresh for several months. I agree with other comments - they were good to start with but went steadily downhill after that. Missing ingredients, the meat of all things and slimy herbs and greens. I complained and received a refund however it continued so I’ve cancelled all together. They tried to lure me back with money off next 6 orders but I’ve refused the offer. One bitten….

We used Hello Fresh for a few weeks but the produce was anything but fresh. We got carrots that you could bend in half the day after delivery, despite being refrigerated. On two occasions some of the potatoes were black. I had to race down to the supermarket to replace them and, when I rang them, I was told that I should have taken photos or they wouldn’t believe me…even though I was too busy replacing them and finishing cooking before the whole meal was spoilt. I would never recommend them nor use them again.

We used Hello Fresh for a few months and then things went south with the quality of the food, even had a broken container of yogurt and an open packet of chicken, the box could not be used and had to be thrown out.
My sister-in-law was also getting Hello Fresh for her disabled son so he could learn to cook and her words were they definitely did not provide fresh food as half the items were off.
Neither of us will ever use them again.