McDonald's customer shares stomach-turning find in meal: ‘I felt sick’

It can be tempting to get fast food, especially when you have late-night cravings.

But imagine biting into your burger only to make a stomach-churning find.

That's exactly what happened to one Queensland man in an incident that serves as a cautionary tale for those who love a quick meal.

Anton Vallely, a musician, was enjoying a night out when he decided to indulge in a McDonald's Quarter Pounder, which he had bought at the Coolum store on the Sunshine Coast at 2 a.m.

However, his enjoyment was short-lived. After taking a few bites in the dim light, he noticed a strange taste.

photo (2).jpg
Anthony Vallely noticed a stomach-churning find in his burger. Credit: news.com.au

Using his phone's flashlight, he discovered that the two patties in his burger appeared to be only partially cooked, tinged with light pink amid the usual brown.

'I've been sweating and shaking,' Vallely said as he described how he felt 'wrecked' since eating the burger.

He claimed that he started feeling a strange sensation in his throat almost immediately after eating the burger.

Upon realising what he had been consuming, he began to vomit.

'I feel like there's been a difference in my singing as well from the vomiting,' he said.

'I was sick as soon as I realised, and now my throat feels weird, and I've been sweating.'

Vallely expressed concern that other consumers, including pregnant women, could be seriously harmed if they were served a similar burger.

'It's just not right, and it's unacceptable,' he said.

After the incident, Vallely contacted the store to inform them about the raw burger. He was instructed to keep the burger until he could return it to the store.

He has since returned the burger, and while he was offered a refund and a replacement meal, he said he had been put off eating from the fast food restaurant for the time being.

While Vallely was significantly affected by the incident, he said he did not need medical attention.

'I don't think it’s that bad. I’m not dying or anything, but I just thought it was worth saying something,' he said.

Vallely’s friend, who was with him, was served a burger, and its patty was cooked through, he said.

A McDonald’s spokesperson confirmed that they had received Vallely’s complaint.

'McDonald’s takes food safety extremely seriously and follows strict processes and procedures to ensure the quality of our food,' they said.

‘We can confirm McDonald’s Coolum Beach received a complaint regarding an undercooked beef patty on Monday, 27 November.’

‘We immediately investigated the claim and offered the customer a full refund and replacement meal.’

‘We treat complaints of this nature very seriously and will continue to work with the restaurant on the necessary actions,’ they added.

While we love Maccas, this much-loved fast food chain has been involved in similar controversies in the past. In a previous story, one Maccas lover shared a photo of a Fillet-O-Fish, which left him and other viewers in shock. What’s the shocking find in his order? Read more about it here.
Key Takeaways

• Anthony Vallely became unwell after eating a burger from McDonald’s, which he claims was undercooked.
  • Vallely voiced concerns over the potential serious harm that could be caused if other vulnerable individuals happened to consume a similar product.
  • Vallely returned the burger to the McDonald’s store from where it was purchased and has been offered a full refund and a replacement meal.
  • A McDonald’s spokesperson confirmed receipt of the complaint, stressing the company’s strict adherence to food safety procedures and promising to investigate further.
Have you ever experienced something similar? Share your experiences and tips for food safety issues in the comments below.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: BJM and Littleboy8
Sponsored
It can be tempting to get fast food, especially when you have late-night cravings.

That's exactly what happened to one Queensland man in an incident that serves as a cautionary tale for those who love a quick meal.

Anton Vallely, a musician, was enjoying a night out when he decided to indulge in a McDonald's Quarter Pounder, which he had bought at the Coolum store on the Sunshine Coast at 2 a.m.

However, his enjoyment was short-lived. After taking a few bites in the dim light, he noticed a strange taste.

View attachment 36223
Anthony Vallely noticed a stomach-churning find in his burger. Credit: news.com.au

Using his phone's flashlight, he discovered that the two patties in his burger appeared to be only partially cooked, tinged with light pink amid the usual brown.

'I've been sweating and shaking,' Vallely said as he described how he felt 'wrecked' since eating the burger.

He claimed that he started feeling a strange sensation in his throat almost immediately after eating the burger.

'I feel like there's been a difference in my singing as well from the vomiting,' he said.

'I was sick as soon as I realised, and now my throat feels weird, and I've been sweating.'

Vallely expressed concern that other consumers, including pregnant women, could be seriously harmed if they were served a similar burger.

After the incident, Vallely contacted the store to inform them about the raw burger. He was instructed to keep the burger until he could return it to the store.

He has since returned the burger, and while he was offered a refund and a replacement meal, he said he had been put off eating from the fast food restaurant for the time being.

While Vallely was significantly affected by the incident, he said he did not need medical attention.

'I don't think it’s that bad. I’m not dying or anything, but I just thought it was worth saying something,' he said.

Vallely’s friend, who was with him, was served a burger, and its patty was cooked through, he said.

'McDonald’s takes food safety extremely seriously and follows strict processes and procedures to ensure the quality of our food,' they said.

‘We can confirm McDonald’s Coolum Beach received a complaint regarding an undercooked beef patty on Monday, 27 November.’

‘We immediately investigated the claim and offered the customer a full refund and replacement meal.’

‘We treat complaints of this nature very seriously and will continue to work with the restaurant on the necessary actions,’ they added.

While we love Maccas, this much-loved fast food chain has been involved in similar controversies in the past. In a previous story, one Maccas lover shared a photo of a Fillet-O-Fish, which left him and other viewers in shock. What’s the shocking find in his order? Read more about it here.
Key Takeaways

• Anthony Vallely became unwell after eating a burger from McDonald’s, which he claims was undercooked.
  • Vallely voiced concerns over the potential serious harm that could be caused if other vulnerable individuals happened to consume a similar product.
  • Vallely returned the burger to the McDonald’s store from where it was purchased and has been offered a full refund and a replacement meal.
  • A McDonald’s spokesperson confirmed receipt of the complaint, stressing the company’s strict adherence to food safety procedures and promising to investigate further.
Have you ever experienced something similar? Share your experiences and tips for food safety issues in the comments below.
What a disappointing story I was hoping he must have found a rats tail or something🤔what a let down.🤣🤣

View attachment 36223

Key Takeaways

Really just an uncooked patty ! Hate to see him in a more serious situation.
How did it affect his singing ???, I feel a law suite coming on
Oh my goodness what a sooky just a bit of semi raw meat ?? There’s no way you would have all the symptoms this sook explained a human can consume raw beef not Chicken, pork or lamb but beef is ok and definitely will not cause a reaction that this sook is going on about for goodness sake toughen up ok Macca’s made a mistake but this is a definite glory seeking individual

View attachment 36223

Key Takeaways

Some people just need a whinge, there are plenty of people out there who eat rare or even blue streak (just above raw) and it doesn't affect their singing voice.

View attachment 36223

Key Takeaways

Good grief! I expected to read that the burger contained half a mouse, or a cockroach. While I'd never willingly eat raw mince myself, my husband loves it and I know others who do as well.

While Maccas is definitely at fault, I cannot believe anyone would make such a fuss over such a small thing. I've been sold burgers with only partly cooked meat. I've just removed the uncooked bits and eaten the cooked bits. And I can assure the muso that pregnant women survived very nicely thank you eating food much less safe than that.

I'll ask again: What is wrong with people today? This guy takes drama queen to a whole new level. Not thinking of a lawsuit by any chance? Should be laughed out of court if so.

Oh! Mine have always left the tail and an internal organ (not sure which one) yuck!
Probably the liver I hear cats aren’t partial to it.😊my bubba caught a baby mouse and gobbled up the whole thing tail and all.🤮under my bed mind you dirty pig.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Knell