Mashed Potatoes with Turnips

As people age, taste preferences might change, but the love for comfort food stays. That's why we have the perfect recipe to share with you today: a delicious twist on the classic mashed potato that also features turnips!

Ingredients:

1 large turnip, peeled and cubed

3 white potatoes, peeled and cubed

¼ cup milk

3 tablespoons unsalted butter

1 teaspoon white sugar

¾ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon pepper

5ac18f4a42cb8f07fb496ae146b5c3ab.jpg
Image Credit: Pinterest

If you have all you need, then let’s proceed!

Start by preheating your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.

Place the turnip and the potatoes in a pot with water deep enough to cover them, and boil them for about 30 minutes, or until they turn tender. Once they’re soft enough to mash, take them off the heat and drain the pot.

Next, mix the milk, 2 tablespoons butter, and sugar with the turnip and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I prefer mine with more pepper!).

Mash until a few lumps remain. After, transfer the mixture into a small baking dish, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, and cover loosely before placing the dish into the preheated oven.

After 15 minutes, remove the cover and continue baking for about 8 minutes more, or until the surface of the mash turns a light brown colour.

And that’s it! You now get to enjoy this Mashed Potatoes with Turnips recipe.

This dish is perfect for those chilly nights when you're craving something warm and comforting. The turnip adds a slightly sweet and earthy flavour to the traditional mashed potato, and the creamy texture makes it irresistible.

Plus, this recipe is incredibly easy to make so you can whip it up in no time. Give it a try, and we're sure it'll become a staple in your meal plans.

If you’re feeling extra health-conscious, you can also go for an all-turnip recipe, like this one we found:

Source: YouTube/Carblessly Delicious Low-Carb Recipes

Sponsored
As people age, taste preferences might change, but the love for comfort food stays. That's why we have the perfect recipe to share with you today: a delicious twist on the classic mashed potato that also features turnips!

Ingredients:

1 large turnip, peeled and cubed

3 white potatoes, peeled and cubed

¼ cup milk

3 tablespoons unsalted butter

1 teaspoon white sugar

¾ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon pepper

View attachment 16171
Image Credit: Pinterest

If you have all you need, then let’s proceed!

Start by preheating your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.

Place the turnip and the potatoes in a pot with water deep enough to cover them, and boil them for about 30 minutes, or until they turn tender. Once they’re soft enough to mash, take them off the heat and drain the pot.

Next, mix the milk, 2 tablespoons butter, and sugar with the turnip and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I prefer mine with more pepper!).

Mash until a few lumps remain. After, transfer the mixture into a small baking dish, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, and cover loosely before placing the dish into the preheated oven.

After 15 minutes, remove the cover and continue baking for about 8 minutes more, or until the surface of the mash turns a light brown colour.

And that’s it! You now get to enjoy this Mashed Potatoes with Turnips recipe.

This dish is perfect for those chilly nights when you're craving something warm and comforting. The turnip adds a slightly sweet and earthy flavour to the traditional mashed potato, and the creamy texture makes it irresistible.

Plus, this recipe is incredibly easy to make so you can whip it up in no time. Give it a try, and we're sure it'll become a staple in your meal plans.

If you’re feeling extra health-conscious, you can also go for an all-turnip recipe, like this one we found:

Source: YouTube/Carblessly Delicious Low-Carb Recipes

You can also cook and let potato get cold. Changes into resistant starch which goes directly to colon . You can also reheat. Lowers carb intake great for diabetics

I lived on turnips so much growing up because they were cheap and easy to grow that I can rarely bring myself to eat them anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: Defiant540
Never really been a fan of Mashed Potatoes an adding a Turnip is going to do little to entice me to eat either!!

• Haha
Reactions: Defiant540