Man receives “well-worded” letter from neighbour threatening his nonexistent dog

Imagine this: you wake up one morning to check your mail, as you do. You probably expect it's just another bunch of bills right? And then all of a sudden, you receive hate mail because of… your dog? But you don’t even own a dog!

This hypothetical became a reality for one man who was shocked when, a few days ago, he received a “stern-worded” letter from his neighbour.

And the contents of the letter were something he never would have expected.

Sharing on the online forum site Reddit, he posted a photo of the letter he received from the, obviously outraged, neighbour. The contents read:

Mongrel dog owner

Keep ya mongrel f***ing dog quiet

We f***ing told you before but now you better kiss that mongrel dog good bye coz we have had a gut full of its barking day and f***ing night and work shiftwork.

Have some manners and keep it inside or else it will be shut up for good

Sick of it trying to attack us and any one walking by.

Dead mongrel dog will be your fawlt.

No more warning ***h*le. Shut ya f***in dog up

We must add that the man made it very clear that the letter was mistakenly put in his mailbox and he was not the rightful recipient of this letter.

Why? Because he doesn’t even have a dog.

d1lr3NNbnUXqnPvhmeImCO3UwapJ0hY0xS73MiWe35DdNE8XYI5oWKTCoYuIC5t-v0vR6C4iGZoaHYogMK08zV9XG4_dPmoByN_paCKlgqSd5VaqaOiLYwQa93M5KxN7ZSup89VC

The man’s Reddit post says: Received this well-worded letter in my mailbox this morning (wrong neighbour - I don't even have a dog).” Credit: Pet Dog Owner.
The man’s post received a ton of attention from fellow members of reddit, with most of them making fun of the sender’s misguided rage.

One person wrote: “I love that they took the time to type and print this... I can just imagine them waiting by the printer all mad for the page to come out lol,” while another joked, “Furiously tapping and sweating away in a singlet.”

Another person said: “Ask around if you have any neighbours called Basil and Sybil,” referring to the 1975 British sitcom Fawlty Towers.

Meanwhile, others suggested that the man should return the letter to the sender, with all the spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors corrected with a red pen. “With a flyer for a remedial English class,” added another Reddit user.

But kidding aside, even though the man doesn’t own a dog, some suggested that he report the letter to the police and install a CCTV camera around his place.

One pet owner shared: “I know what it’s like to have your dog poisoned and it’s not fun. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.”

A second person agreed that calling the police was a safe bet, saying: “Friend of mine received a similar letter about their loud dog, maybe fifteen years ago. They called the police and the cops dusted the letter for prints and they found out who it was. A guy living a few doors down.”

What would you do if you were in this situation? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
A distant neighbor rang me daily complaining my dog was barking keeping him awake as a shift worker. Went on for days. Then one day he rang. I said is the dog barking now? Yes the mongrel is in full voice.
I said well then it is not my dog, he has been at the vet overnight. Funny but he never rang again.

I received a threatening letter in my letterbox one day many years ago when I lived in Canberra.
It was from my shift worker neighbour a street over from my backyard and right rear side.
I did have a little dog but she spent 99% of her time in the house.
Nothing came of it but it was pretty threatening.

Reactions: Ricci
Man receives “well-worded” letter from neighbour threatening his nonexistent dog

Imagine this: you wake up one morning to check your mail, as you do. You probably expect it's just another bunch of bills right? And then all of a sudden, you receive hate mail because of… your dog? But you don’t even own a dog!

This hypothetical became a reality for one man who was shocked when, a few days ago, he received a “stern-worded” letter from his neighbour.

Sharing on the online forum site Reddit, he posted a photo of the letter he received from the, obviously outraged, neighbour. The contents read:

We must add that the man made it very clear that the letter was mistakenly put in his mailbox and he was not the rightful recipient of this letter.

d1lr3NNbnUXqnPvhmeImCO3UwapJ0hY0xS73MiWe35DdNE8XYI5oWKTCoYuIC5t-v0vR6C4iGZoaHYogMK08zV9XG4_dPmoByN_paCKlgqSd5VaqaOiLYwQa93M5KxN7ZSup89VC

The man’s Reddit post says: Received this well-worded letter in my mailbox this morning (wrong neighbour - I don't even have a dog).” Credit: Pet Dog Owner.
The man’s post received a ton of attention from fellow members of reddit, with most of them making fun of the sender’s misguided rage.

One person wrote: “I love that they took the time to type and print this... I can just imagine them waiting by the printer all mad for the page to come out lol,” while another joked, “Furiously tapping and sweating away in a singlet.”

Another person said: “Ask around if you have any neighbours called Basil and Sybil,” referring to the 1975 British sitcom Fawlty Towers.

Meanwhile, others suggested that the man should return the letter to the sender, with all the spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors corrected with a red pen. “With a flyer for a remedial English class,” added another Reddit user.

But kidding aside, even though the man doesn’t own a dog, some suggested that he report the letter to the police and install a CCTV camera around his place.

One pet owner shared: “I know what it’s like to have your dog poisoned and it’s not fun. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.”

A second person agreed that calling the police was a safe bet, saying: “Friend of mine received a similar letter about their loud dog, maybe fifteen years ago. They called the police and the cops dusted the letter for prints and they found out who it was. A guy living a few doors down.”

What would you do if you were in this situation? Let us know in the comments below!
We had similar problem with barking dogs and after asking politely to neighbour to keep them quiet they stopped for a day or two. After a further week of constantly barking I went to local council and put in a complaint. Council turned up at there place that afternoon and within 2 weeks they moved out.
Police only turn up if dog attacks someone not for barking dogs, so if anyone does have problems with barking dogs just go to local council!

I live in a street I now call Dog Street. It seems that to be trendy you need a dog...a barking dog.
Do dog owners not hear their dogs constant barking or is it pure ignorance?
I've had to contact the Council who quickly apply an onus back on the complainant.
Mediate with the owner to come to an amicable agreement. IF that doesn't work, monitor the dog's barking for up to 2 weeks...time, duration, frequency, then contact the Council again.
Time was when an inspector would respond with a notice to the owner.

I live in a street I now call Dog Street. It seems that to be trendy you need a dog...a barking dog.
Do dog owners not hear their dogs constant barking or is it pure ignorance?
I've had to contact the Council who quickly apply an onus back on the complainant.
Mediate with the owner to come to an amicable agreement. IF that doesn't work, monitor the dog's barking for up to 2 weeks...time, duration, frequency, then contact the Council again.
Time was when an inspector would respond with a notice to the owner.
I to am sick and tired of barking dogs.
The owners go out and that's when the damm dogs start barking. Of course,the owners of these annoying dogs do not hear their so called pets causing the neighbours pain and suffering. Take the damm things with you when you go out and treat your neighbours with respect. Peter.