'Mamas Know Best' revealed: One part of your microwave that you SHOULD BE CLEANING but most likely aren’t

'Mamas Know Best' revealed: One part of your microwave that you SHOULD BE CLEANING but most likely aren’t
Microwave owners have been left shocked after TikTok account Mamas Know Best, posted a cleaning tutorial of a microwave's charcoal filter — one part of the kitchenware that most owners did not know that they needed to clean.

Credit: TikTok/@mamasknowbest

The clip begins with a shot of the cover of the microwave's filter being removed to reveal a gross pileup of oil and grime.

The microwave filter removes foul odour from the air circulation within the appliance, making food smell and taste fresh as you heat them up.

“You’re supposed to change the filter every six months,” Mamas Know Best said.

The video then cuts to a shot of the TikTok user spraying foaming soap on the inside of the cover.

Next, she removed the dirty filter and let it soak in a sink filled with soap. She then proceeded to scrub the filter's cover and the surrounding areas in the microwave thoroughly.

After cleaning and drying the filter and its cover, she placed them back in the appliance as if they were brand new.

WhtObcGWhuYqov4PkEo7ZyaC88mtk372cEVvjdpY4PQtG8wiaKTgClk_KW5Y3S1gShMGnmA1HgQobu1_iikn2ZaOl9tUaELDpVET-xnXrTefE-gUxHek95C3JXCmrR-3cp2n8Zg

TikTok user Mamas Know Best revealed that the microwave’s charcoal filter should be changed every 6 months, a fact that most microwave owners didn’t know. Credit: TikTok/@mamasknowbest.
TikTok users were left bewildered by this shocking revelation.

One user wrote: “I’ve had a microwave for 17 years… I didn’t know it had a filter that needed to be changed.”

“I’m tired of TikTok finding me more things to clean,” one wrote jokingly.

Another user wrote: “Damn, here we go again with TikTok giving me anxiety about my house not being clean enough.”

“I am at work, and now I feel like I need to take apart the microwave in the break room,” one viewer mentioned.

Before grabbing the sponge and heading out to your kitchen to clean your microwave, note that not all microwaves require filters. If your microwave has them then this cleaning hack is definitely for you! If not, you’re one of the lucky ones!

Sponsored