Make healthier summer treats with this $1.75 buy from Kmart!

As the weather gets warmer, we're all after simple, cool treats.

But instead of buying pricey store-bought icy blocks (which are often packed with sugar and additives), why not make your own at home?

Kmart's $1.75 Silicone Icy Pole Maker is becoming a shopper's popular choice for making healthy summer treats.

These moulds are available in three designs—pineapple, watermelon wedge, and classic ice pop.

7f4ce759-d7fb-477d-8f42-fee3068c3543.jpg
The Silicone Icy Pole Maker is sold individually. Image source: Kmart Australia

One mum even devised a simple but scrumptious way to make use of these moulds. She mixed yoghurt, honey, and berries together and then filled and froze the moulds to create delicious, wholesome snacks.

She said it's the best $1.75 she's spent at Kmart, and many others felt the same.

The Sydney home chef also shared her creations on social media, impressing many.

According to the mum, she blended a ‘small handful’ of strawberries and blueberries with four to five tablespoons of yoghurt before adding a bit of honey. Then, she poured the mix into moulds, each with a stick.

76403155-12616837-image-m-95_1696979795290.jpg
A home chef makes healthy snacks with three ingredients using a $1.75 Kmart Icy Pole Maker. Image source: Social media

After some time in the freezer, they were ready to eat.

'Cool idea. I freeze all fruit that isn't eaten within a few days, and we make smoothies with it,’ someone replied on social media.

‘But as there are only two of us now, I have a lot of fruit in the freezer. I might make some fruit ice blocks. Yum-yum,’ they added.

You can watch the home chef’s video below:

How to make a healthy mixed berry icy poles. Video source: TikTok (@amoura)

Meanwhile, a shopper on Kmart’s website said: ‘Can make our own, natural icy poles instead of the sugar-laden ones from the supermarket. Also mess and drip-free, what's not to love!’

Another commented that they are perfect as ‘stocking stuffers’ for Christmas shoppers.

‘Easy to use and take up so much less freezer space than the old-style icy pole makers,’ a third one pointed out.

Some homemade ice block tips:

Use fresh, in-season fruit that isn't too ripe to reduce added sugar.

For non-dairy pops, prevent fruit chunks from sinking by freezing the mould a bit before adding them.

Some homemade ice blocks tips.jpg
Some homemade ice block tips and ideas

For layered ice blocks, pour and partially freeze each layer before adding the next. Insert the stick before it's fully frozen.

Once familiar with the process, you may try new flavour mixes.

Some flavour ideas: avocado lime, strawberry banana, strawberry mango, watermelon kiwi, pineapple orange.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart's $1.75 Silicone Icy Pole Maker is a hit among shoppers for affordable, healthy summer snacks.
  • A Sydney home chef shared her recipe for nutritious homemade ice blocks using the moulds and received positive feedback online.
  • The moulds come in three shapes—pineapple, watermelon wedge, and classic ice pop.
  • According to one of the reviews on Kmart's website, the product is mess-free, drip-free, and takes up less freezer space.
Members, what are your thoughts on this product? Are you considering these moulds for your summer delights? Share your views in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sponsored

But instead of buying pricey store-bought icy blocks (which are often packed with sugar and additives), why not make your own at home?

Kmart's $1.75 Silicone Icy Pole Maker is becoming a shopper's popular choice for making healthy summer treats.

These moulds are available in three designs—pineapple, watermelon wedge, and classic ice pop.

View attachment 31957

One mum even devised a simple but scrumptious way to make use of these moulds. She mixed yoghurt, honey, and berries together and then filled and froze the moulds to create delicious, wholesome snacks.

She said it's the best $1.75 she's spent at Kmart, and many others felt the same.

The Sydney home chef also shared her creations on social media, impressing many.

According to the mum, she blended a ‘small handful’ of strawberries and blueberries with four to five tablespoons of yoghurt before adding a bit of honey. Then, she poured the mix into moulds, each with a stick.

View attachment 31956
A home chef makes healthy snacks with three ingredients using a $1.75 Kmart Icy Pole Maker. Image source: Social media

'Cool idea. I freeze all fruit that isn't eaten within a few days, and we make smoothies with it,’ someone replied on social media.

‘But as there are only two of us now, I have a lot of fruit in the freezer. I might make some fruit ice blocks. Yum-yum,’ they added.

Meanwhile, a shopper on Kmart’s website said: ‘Can make our own, natural icy poles instead of the sugar-laden ones from the supermarket. Also mess and drip-free, what's not to love!’

Another commented that they are perfect as ‘stocking stuffers’ for Christmas shoppers.

‘Easy to use and take up so much less freezer space than the old-style icy pole makers,’ a third one pointed out.

For non-dairy pops, prevent fruit chunks from sinking by freezing the mould a bit before adding them.

For layered ice blocks, pour and partially freeze each layer before adding the next. Insert the stick before it's fully frozen.

Some flavour ideas: avocado lime, strawberry banana, strawberry mango, watermelon kiwi, pineapple orange.
Key Takeaways

• *]Kmart's $1.75 Silicone Icy Pole Maker is a hit among shoppers for affordable, healthy summer snacks.
  • A Sydney home chef shared her recipe for nutritious homemade ice blocks using the moulds and received positive feedback online.
  • The moulds come in three shapes—pineapple, watermelon wedge, and classic ice pop.
  • According to one of the reviews on Kmart's website, the product is mess-free, drip-free, and takes up less freezer space.
Members, what are your thoughts on this product? Are you considering these moulds for your summer delights? Share your views in the comments below!

Great idea😁we used to have something similar as kids I love these. 😍

Reactions: Gsr
Great treat for the Grandkids when they come to visit.....plus a great treat for yourself of course. 😃

Reactions: Gsr

View attachment 31957

View attachment 31956

View attachment 31980
Some homemade ice block tips and ideas

Key Takeaways

• Kmart's $1.75 Silicone Icy Pole Maker is a hit among shoppers for affordable, healthy summer snacks.

I get really upset when I read about K-Mart specials as we don't have a K-Mart. If you buy on line it wipes out the discount as you have to pay postage.

Reactions: Ezzy
Wow they must have all gone to Kmart - there is not one Kmart which have them in stock. I thought no problem I will order online - but they say they cannot guarantee which shape I will get. Also just be careful there are three in the photo but the price is per each.

Reactions: Ezzy