'Magic solution' for a dust-free home!

In and around the house, there are a few chores that can feel like they just never seem to end, and dusting is certainly one of those! No matter how often you clean or how often you do it, it always feels like there's always dust lurking somewhere in your home.

And now that spring, which is also known as allergy season, is here, there are more things to worry about, such as pollen and plant spores from the outdoors.

But thankfully, one mum may have discovered a method to make the whole process simpler with a homemade DIY cleaning spray that is believed to guarantee a dust-free home all year long.

The cleaning guru Carolina McCauley, who has amassed a massive following on social media for her simple yet effective household cleaning tips, recently shared the recipe for her go-to dusting spray.

And the best part is that the ingredients are so simple; you probably already have them in your pantry!

1pjT43Swn4HjZzAnOEseuRpnJZZW1z9HSUx-U4MI9bEYeg92pdH2GuonWtfqxF6gJvMzBd1LOCeDSUn6cIaomra_4NI-bjATqn7Fcr7T0jI1xiuZ-EqTe0dDkQk-SuRbamPpOL189-yK41KyPgBiptsXJxVkVYhdKzfQTOG6XG0NZC9VD_pJ63tG2A

A cleaning expert showed how to make a mixture that will keep dust away for weeks. Credit: Instagram.

Carolina recently posted a video in which she reveals that her 'magic solution' consists of one cup of water, one cup of vinegar, one tablespoon of olive oil, and two tablespoons of dishwashing soap.

She then transfers the cleaning solution to a spray bottle and applies it on various surfaces in her home, including windowsills, tabletops, kitchen countertops, and more.

'It repels dust for weeks,' said the mum.

To get her floors clean, Carolina makes a few adjustments to the recipe. Instead of using store-bought floor cleaners, the mum makes a solution with two cups of water, a quarter cup of vinegar, and two tablespoons of dish soap.

She doesn't do anything particularly different—she just sprays the mixture onto the floor and continues to mop as usual. 'Using this cleans the floors seamlessly without streaks,' she revealed.

Carolina's DIY cleaning solution is amazing, and it sure gets the job done! But we also need to be honest and say that it's highly unlikely that we'll ever be able to completely clear our house of those annoying dust particles.

Thankfully, there are several things we can do to prevent it from completely taking over our homes and negatively affecting our health. Follow these simple steps to always be one step ahead!

hwLnIuJkdARmmpNUIJZMLdCTZpYKYNYiQw0Ddcy4xsLfI-nkvfKT41PE6PJpVAzkkt7pXBL1RKjxrjQjFfrJmF_fLlyF_BIvxRL5w9YXbukOerXVtqlXnWGDFZzSPAtbuKyvSJv9SBq5cH1wDdR83Bl7Km6hGlCr1K9sIrzUrA6wg_g0kq6nFGDAHw

When cleaning a room, you should always start at the ceiling and work your way down. Credit: Sweeping Dimensions.

Clean each room from top to bottom.

This means you have to start from the ceiling, at the top of your bookshelves and windows, and work your way down to the floor. By doing it this way, you'll be able to push the dust down, and whatever you don't get will end up on the floor for easy mopping or vacuuming.

You can't go wrong with a microfiber cloth.

Microfiber clothing is electrostatically charged, which is why it makes the best dusters. Dust sticks to the fibres and stays on the cloth.

And because it is so absorbent, you won't have to keep going over the same area, and you won't have to worry about transferring dust to other surfaces!

It’s a good idea to avoid carpet, if possible.

Even though they look great and protect your hardwood floors, carpets are a huge headache to keep clean and a magnet for dust and dirt. Without a pretty capable vacuum, you'll also find it quite difficult to remove dirt build-ups from them.

Take your shoes off as soon as you get home.

When we go in the front door, we bring a lot of dust with us on the soles of our shoes. You can either put a shelf or shoe basket near the door of your home or make it a rule that guests should remove their shoes before entering.

These are just a few ways to keep your home clean and free of dust. We hope you find them useful! If you have more to add that we might have missed, please feel free to do so in the comments section below.

Sponsored
I use Pledge Grab Its to do the dusting. I find a carpect a harbinger of dust but being a renter I have to put up with it. I am trying to be so meticulous because my cat has been diagnosed with Feline Asthma and as I have a lung condition, I try to keep the unit as clean as is possible so. I am lucky in that I have a good pet vacuum cleaner and even though I vacuum 2-3 times a week, I am horrified how much is in the dust catcher.

Reactions: Ricci
I have floor tiles in the kitchen and family room but everywhere else polished floor boards. I will definitely try both of these including on my floor boards.

An item I find very useful in a magnetic duster I have a long one for ceilings and top of cupboards and a short one for furniture and it squeezes in between tight places that dust lives. You then simply take outside and shake of dust then when it becomes to dirty simply wash under tap , shake and leave out to dry.
I've been using these for around 2 years

I dust every second day and polish once aweek

Klever shop always has these buy one set get another for free

Screenshot_20220908-075310_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: RTS and Ricci
In and around the house, there are a few chores that can feel like they just never seem to end, and dusting is certainly one of those! No matter how often you clean or how often you do it, it always feels like there's always dust lurking somewhere in your home.

And now that spring, which is also known as allergy season, is here, there are more things to worry about, such as pollen and plant spores from the outdoors.

But thankfully, one mum may have discovered a method to make the whole process simpler with a homemade DIY cleaning spray that is believed to guarantee a dust-free home all year long.

The cleaning guru Carolina McCauley, who has amassed a massive following on social media for her simple yet effective household cleaning tips, recently shared the recipe for her go-to dusting spray.

And the best part is that the ingredients are so simple; you probably already have them in your pantry!

1pjT43Swn4HjZzAnOEseuRpnJZZW1z9HSUx-U4MI9bEYeg92pdH2GuonWtfqxF6gJvMzBd1LOCeDSUn6cIaomra_4NI-bjATqn7Fcr7T0jI1xiuZ-EqTe0dDkQk-SuRbamPpOL189-yK41KyPgBiptsXJxVkVYhdKzfQTOG6XG0NZC9VD_pJ63tG2A

A cleaning expert showed how to make a mixture that will keep dust away for weeks. Credit: Instagram.

Carolina recently posted a video in which she reveals that her 'magic solution' consists of one cup of water, one cup of vinegar, one tablespoon of olive oil, and two tablespoons of dishwashing soap.

She then transfers the cleaning solution to a spray bottle and applies it on various surfaces in her home, including windowsills, tabletops, kitchen countertops, and more.

To get her floors clean, Carolina makes a few adjustments to the recipe. Instead of using store-bought floor cleaners, the mum makes a solution with two cups of water, a quarter cup of vinegar, and two tablespoons of dish soap.

She doesn't do anything particularly different—she just sprays the mixture onto the floor and continues to mop as usual. 'Using this cleans the floors seamlessly without streaks,' she revealed.

Carolina's DIY cleaning solution is amazing, and it sure gets the job done! But we also need to be honest and say that it's highly unlikely that we'll ever be able to completely clear our house of those annoying dust particles.

Thankfully, there are several things we can do to prevent it from completely taking over our homes and negatively affecting our health. Follow these simple steps to always be one step ahead!

hwLnIuJkdARmmpNUIJZMLdCTZpYKYNYiQw0Ddcy4xsLfI-nkvfKT41PE6PJpVAzkkt7pXBL1RKjxrjQjFfrJmF_fLlyF_BIvxRL5w9YXbukOerXVtqlXnWGDFZzSPAtbuKyvSJv9SBq5cH1wDdR83Bl7Km6hGlCr1K9sIrzUrA6wg_g0kq6nFGDAHw

When cleaning a room, you should always start at the ceiling and work your way down. Credit: Sweeping Dimensions.

This means you have to start from the ceiling, at the top of your bookshelves and windows, and work your way down to the floor. By doing it this way, you'll be able to push the dust down, and whatever you don't get will end up on the floor for easy mopping or vacuuming.

Microfiber clothing is electrostatically charged, which is why it makes the best dusters. Dust sticks to the fibres and stays on the cloth.

And because it is so absorbent, you won't have to keep going over the same area, and you won't have to worry about transferring dust to other surfaces!

Even though they look great and protect your hardwood floors, carpets are a huge headache to keep clean and a magnet for dust and dirt. Without a pretty capable vacuum, you'll also find it quite difficult to remove dirt build-ups from them.

When we go in the front door, we bring a lot of dust with us on the soles of our shoes. You can either put a shelf or shoe basket near the door of your home or make it a rule that guests should remove their shoes before entering.

These are just a few ways to keep your home clean and free of dust. We hope you find them useful! If you have more to add that we might have missed, please feel free to do so in the comments section below.

How can anything repel dust? I am an oldie and this has got me stumped, dust is everywhere, you can't stop it landing on everything.

Repels dust?!?!?!?!…..🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

I have floor tiles in the kitchen and family room but everywhere else polished floor boards. I will definitely try both of these including on my floor boards.

An item I find very useful in a magnetic duster I have a long one for ceilings and top of cupboards and a short one for furniture and it squeezes in between tight places that dust lives. You then simply take outside and shake of dust then when it becomes to dirty simply wash under tap , shake and leave out to dry.
I've been using these for around 2 years

I dust every second day and polish once aweek

Klever shop always has these buy one set get another for free

View attachment 5799
I have these dusters too, they are brilliant!

The dust can't just disappear. It has to go somewhere!

Last edited:
Reactions: Liz, Zoya and Ricci
Do not understand why people are adding vinegar to dishwashing liquid. Vinegar is a good cleaner because it's acidic, but when you add dishwashing liquid/dish soap to it (which is a base or neutral) - you neutralise the vinegar. Besides you need to be careful using vinegar as it can damage various items over time - the acidity in the vinegar will break down the floor's finish, allowing water to penetrate and degrade the wood, will remove the sealant/glaze from porcelain products and tiles, corrode grout between tiles, known to affect paint.

Reactions: Liz, Zoya and Ricci

Dust clings to one wall that I painted with gloss water-based paint. Is it normal for one wall to attract dust, or is it just bcz it is a glossy paint? Love to know, thank you.

Reactions: Ricci

Thank you for sharing, I will test this out and get back to you! ;)

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci
How can anything repel dust? I am an oldie and this has got me stumped, dust is everywhere, you can't stop it landing on everything.
I know you can reduce dust. Is impossible to completely get rid off

A lot of the dust is actually the skin we shred as well as dirt and pollens from outside...

It's the dust mite that makes us sick.

I have asthmatic kids, I ripped up all carpe, worst thing ever to have carpet.

Remove clutter

Dust on top of cupboards.

Damp dusting helps kill the dust mite.

Vacuum mattress's.

Sweep and mop under beds and couches .

Let sun into your house as much as you can this kills the dust mite.