Madonna found unresponsive due to 'serious bacterial infection'

The music industry has been hit with unexpected news as pop icon Madonna is forced to halt her upcoming Celebration World Tour following a severe health scare.

This news reminds us that even the seemingly invincible among us are only human and are susceptible to the unpredictability of health issues.

For those who might not be very familiar, Madonna dubbed the 'Queen of Pop', has had an illustrious career spanning over four decades.

compressed-Screenshot_4.jpeg
Madonna has profoundly influenced the music industry and popular culture, shaping trends and pushing boundaries with her bold and innovative approach to music, fashion, and performance. Image from flickr

She has given us timeless hits like 'Like A Virgin', 'Material Girl', and 'Vogue', has sold over 305 million records and influenced generations with her music and controversial, boundary-pushing personal style while establishing herself as a force to be reckoned with within the music industry and beyond.

Guy Oseary, Madonna's Manager, divulged on his social media that the 64-year-old queen of pop had been struck down by a 'serious bacterial infection'.

The severity of her condition resulted in an alarming several-day stay in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

Without veering into the realm of medical expertise, it's worth noting that serious bacterial infections can occur for a variety of reasons and can affect various parts of the body.

They can sometimes lead to severe complications, but the good news is that they can usually be treated with the right care and medication.

Oseary reassured, 'Her health is improving. However, she is still under medical care. A full recovery is expected.'

In what must be a tremendously nerve-wracking time for the legendary singer, Oseary expressed the necessary decision to pause all immediate engagements, putting her world tour on ice for now.

Oseary remarked, 'At this time, we need to pause all commitments, which includes the tour.'

The Celebration tour was to be a global extravaganza, kicking off on July 15 in Vancouver, Canada, with follow-up performances in Seattle from July 18.

All set and ready, the show was gearing up to impress across the United States and Canada until October before proceeding with grandeur to Europe.

Key Takeaways
  • Madonna is recovering from a serious bacterial infection that caused her to be found unresponsive and admitted to the ICU.
  • The health scare will postpone the beginning of her Celebration world tour, originally set to commence next month.
  • Madonna's long-time Manager, Guy Oseary, confirmed the news through a post on his verified Instagram account and assured fans of her recovery.

Madonna enthralled Australian fans way back in 1993 during her iconic Girlie Show World Tour, when she performed at Sydney Cricket Ground, followed by her Rebel Heart Tour in Melbourne in 2016.

Her concerts have been treated as a cultural event, and this tour, no doubt, was expected to be no less.

Sadly, for now, it's a pause on 'Vogue' and 'Like a Prayer' live renditions echoing through the stadiums, replaced by quiet concern for Madonna's wellbeing instead.

While we wait, why not revisit some of Madonna's music that may have slipped your mind? And while we’re on the topic, what are your favourite Madonna tracks?

Sponsored
She is 64 but thinking she is 24

I'm surprised she has made it this far without being admitted to hospital for one thing or another

I wasn't a big fan of Madonna's, I did like her song Like A Prayer ..

However My eldest daughter was a huge Madonna fan which didn't impress me .

Madonna was not a very good role model to young girls

The music industry has been hit with unexpected news as pop icon Madonna is forced to halt her upcoming Celebration World Tour following a severe health scare.

This news reminds us that even the seemingly invincible among us are only human and are susceptible to the unpredictability of health issues.

For those who might not be very familiar, Madonna dubbed the 'Queen of Pop', has had an illustrious career spanning over four decades.

View attachment 23662
Madonna has profoundly influenced the music industry and popular culture, shaping trends and pushing boundaries with her bold and innovative approach to music, fashion, and performance. Image from flickr

She has given us timeless hits like 'Like A Virgin', 'Material Girl', and 'Vogue', has sold over 305 million records and influenced generations with her music and controversial, boundary-pushing personal style while establishing herself as a force to be reckoned with within the music industry and beyond.

Guy Oseary, Madonna's Manager, divulged on his social media that the 64-year-old queen of pop had been struck down by a 'serious bacterial infection'.

The severity of her condition resulted in an alarming several-day stay in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

Without veering into the realm of medical expertise, it's worth noting that serious bacterial infections can occur for a variety of reasons and can affect various parts of the body.

They can sometimes lead to severe complications, but the good news is that they can usually be treated with the right care and medication.

Oseary reassured, 'Her health is improving. However, she is still under medical care. A full recovery is expected.'

In what must be a tremendously nerve-wracking time for the legendary singer, Oseary expressed the necessary decision to pause all immediate engagements, putting her world tour on ice for now.

Oseary remarked, 'At this time, we need to pause all commitments, which includes the tour.'

The Celebration tour was to be a global extravaganza, kicking off on July 15 in Vancouver, Canada, with follow-up performances in Seattle from July 18.

All set and ready, the show was gearing up to impress across the United States and Canada until October before proceeding with grandeur to Europe.

Key Takeaways

• Madonna is recovering from a serious bacterial infection that caused her to be found unresponsive and admitted to the ICU.
  • The health scare will postpone the beginning of her Celebration world tour, originally set to commence next month.
  • Madonna's long-time Manager, Guy Oseary, confirmed the news through a post on his verified Instagram account and assured fans of her recovery.

Madonna enthralled Australian fans way back in 1993 during her iconic Girlie Show World Tour, when she performed at Sydney Cricket Ground, followed by her Rebel Heart Tour in Melbourne in 2016.

Her concerts have been treated as a cultural event, and this tour, no doubt, was expected to be no less.

Sadly, for now, it's a pause on 'Vogue' and 'Like a Prayer' live renditions echoing through the stadiums, replaced by quiet concern for Madonna's wellbeing instead.

While we wait, why not revisit some of Madonna's music that may have slipped your mind? And while we’re on the topic, what are your favourite Madonna tracks?
hope she had clothes on

She is 64 but thinking she is 24

I'm surprised she has made it this far without being admitted to hospital for one thing or another

I wasn't a big fan of Madonna's, I did like her song Like A Prayer ..

However My eldest daughter was a huge Madonna fan which didn't impress me .

Madonna was not a very good role model to young girls
Madonna would do well to retire, perhaps a health scare will provide the incentive. It is creepy to see how she is 'transforming' herself, an even worse role model today. Demonic-like I would say. Same with Kylie Minogue.

Reactions: Tamaya and Lolali

View attachment 23662

Key Takeaways

This is old news as I heard all about it a few days ago!!!

She can't retire.
How will she cope on her nett worth of $850million?
Time to give it up lady. Sit back and watch the world go by. It will survive without you prancing about on the stage to prove how much spring you still have in your step.

Reactions: Rainy
So much hate. It always saddens me to see how another person's misfortune can bring out the worst in people. I'm not a big fan of her music or her quest for eternal youth but I don't wish anything bad for her. I hope she has a full recovery 😎

Reactions: Gaena
I don't hate Madonna, I just dislike what she represents. But good on you for your reminder to share the love.