Macca's worker refused to clean and quit mid-shift – reasonable or not?

Following the viral story of an employee's dramatic resignation from Macca's, a heated debate has sprung up among social media users.

The worker took to TikTok to publicly announce his resignation after refusing to clean a 'gross' sink.

The fast food worker could be seen telling his supervisor: 'I quit' after he was asked to clean a sink that was full of greasy cooking equipment.

He even goes as far as saying: 'I ain't cleaning that, I ain't cleaning that, h*** no.'

The employee is then shown leaving the premises of the fast food restaurant before shouting: 'I quit. I'm leaving Maccas. See you on the flip side, b****!'

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 3.14.23 PM.png
A Macca's worker in NZ filmed his dramatic resignation and uploaded it online. Credit: TikTok/fionnmccallum470.

The clip has captured the attention of millions of users on TikTok, with more than 2.9 million of them viewing the 26-second video.

A lot of people agreed that the sink task was a bit excessive, and others went on to share their experiences working in the same field.

One user wrote: 'I quit a few times because I hate working in fast food and how disrespectful people are to us,' alongside a shocked emoji.

Another user added: 'I also work at McDonald's; I feel you.'

Meanwhile, other users were quick to point out that the young man probably should have done what he was told to since he was being paid.

'Not even that bad; it's like 20 minutes of work,' said one person. Another joined the conversation and commented, 'Kids don't wanna work; they are so lazy these days.'

The viral footage has since been taken down by TikTok from its platform due to 'harassment and bullying'.
Key Takeaways

• A fast food worker in New Zealand has quit his job after being asked to clean cooking equipment.
  • The footage of the incident went viral, with many people divided over the worker's actions.
  • Some people believed that the job was not as bad as the worker made it out to be, while others sympathised with him.
What are your thoughts, members? Was the employee unreasonable for quitting mid-shift, or do you agree that the task given to him was a bit overboard? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
If washing some dirty dishes is the worst thing he ever had to do in life,, he would be lucky. I hope he loses the right to any unemployment benefit he applies for. Young ones today want to start at the top. He has a lot to learn.

Reactions: Helenmac
What a bloody idiot sook! His choice to work in that environment in the first place, and cries because he has to get his poor little hands dirty! Makes me mad as hell!

Following the viral story of an employee's dramatic resignation from Macca's, a heated debate has sprung up among social media users.

The worker took to TikTok to publicly announce his resignation after refusing to clean a 'gross' sink.

The fast food worker could be seen telling his supervisor: 'I quit' after he was asked to clean a sink that was full of greasy cooking equipment.

He even goes as far as saying: 'I ain't cleaning that, I ain't cleaning that, h*** no.'

The employee is then shown leaving the premises of the fast food restaurant before shouting: 'I quit. I'm leaving Maccas. See you on the flip side, b****!'

View attachment 9442
A Macca's worker in NZ filmed his dramatic resignation and uploaded it online. Credit: TikTok/fionnmccallum470.

The clip has captured the attention of millions of users on TikTok, with more than 2.9 million of them viewing the 26-second video.

A lot of people agreed that the sink task was a bit excessive, and others went on to share their experiences working in the same field.

One user wrote: 'I quit a few times because I hate working in fast food and how disrespectful people are to us,' alongside a shocked emoji.

Another user added: 'I also work at McDonald's; I feel you.'

Meanwhile, other users were quick to point out that the young man probably should have done what he was told to since he was being paid.

'Not even that bad; it's like 20 minutes of work,' said one person. Another joined the conversation and commented, 'Kids don't wanna work; they are so lazy these days.'

The viral footage has since been taken down by TikTok from its platform due to 'harassment and bullying'.
Key Takeaways

• A fast food worker in New Zealand has quit his job after being asked to clean cooking equipment.
  • The footage of the incident went viral, with many people divided over the worker's actions.
  • Some people believed that the job was not as bad as the worker made it out to be, while others sympathised with him.
What are your thoughts, members? Was the employee unreasonable for quitting mid-shift, or do you agree that the task given to him was a bit overboard? Let us know in the comments!
Sounds like Macca's are better for him going. Potential layabout and troublemaker.

A greasy sink GOOD GRIEF I cleaned so many and the had to clean the toilets too. I wonder what his opinion of do that job would have been.