Macca's worker refused to clean and quit mid-shift – reasonable or not?

Following the viral story of an employee's dramatic resignation from Macca's, a heated debate has sprung up among social media users.

The worker took to TikTok to publicly announce his resignation after refusing to clean a 'gross' sink.

The fast food worker could be seen telling his supervisor: 'I quit' after he was asked to clean a sink that was full of greasy cooking equipment.

He even goes as far as saying: 'I ain't cleaning that, I ain't cleaning that, h*** no.'

The employee is then shown leaving the premises of the fast food restaurant before shouting: 'I quit. I'm leaving Maccas. See you on the flip side, b****!'

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 3.14.23 PM.png
A Macca's worker in NZ filmed his dramatic resignation and uploaded it online. Credit: TikTok/fionnmccallum470.

The clip has captured the attention of millions of users on TikTok, with more than 2.9 million of them viewing the 26-second video.

A lot of people agreed that the sink task was a bit excessive, and others went on to share their experiences working in the same field.

One user wrote: 'I quit a few times because I hate working in fast food and how disrespectful people are to us,' alongside a shocked emoji.

Another user added: 'I also work at McDonald's; I feel you.'

Meanwhile, other users were quick to point out that the young man probably should have done what he was told to since he was being paid.

'Not even that bad; it's like 20 minutes of work,' said one person. Another joined the conversation and commented, 'Kids don't wanna work; they are so lazy these days.'

The viral footage has since been taken down by TikTok from its platform due to 'harassment and bullying'.
Key Takeaways

• A fast food worker in New Zealand has quit his job after being asked to clean cooking equipment.
  • The footage of the incident went viral, with many people divided over the worker's actions.
  • Some people believed that the job was not as bad as the worker made it out to be, while others sympathised with him.
What are your thoughts, members? Was the employee unreasonable for quitting mid-shift, or do you agree that the task given to him was a bit overboard? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
Teach workers to run hot water over the greasy dishes to de-solve the fat.T
hen stack neatly on the side of the sink. Don't let it pile up. Hot soapy water does the trick. Teach workers to take the initiative to do the job before it piles up and looks like a big problem. Anyone who quits over dirty dishes needs education on the job or the worker just did not want the job.
Education to do normal housework is the parents responsibility he is paid to work whatever the task lasy spoilt shixxxxd

Reactions: Ricci
Following the viral story of an employee's dramatic resignation from Macca's, a heated debate has sprung up among social media users.

The worker took to TikTok to publicly announce his resignation after refusing to clean a 'gross' sink.

The fast food worker could be seen telling his supervisor: 'I quit' after he was asked to clean a sink that was full of greasy cooking equipment.

He even goes as far as saying: 'I ain't cleaning that, I ain't cleaning that, h*** no.'

The employee is then shown leaving the premises of the fast food restaurant before shouting: 'I quit. I'm leaving Maccas. See you on the flip side, b****!'

View attachment 9442
A Macca's worker in NZ filmed his dramatic resignation and uploaded it online. Credit: TikTok/fionnmccallum470.

The clip has captured the attention of millions of users on TikTok, with more than 2.9 million of them viewing the 26-second video.

A lot of people agreed that the sink task was a bit excessive, and others went on to share their experiences working in the same field.

One user wrote: 'I quit a few times because I hate working in fast food and how disrespectful people are to us,' alongside a shocked emoji.

Meanwhile, other users were quick to point out that the young man probably should have done what he was told to since he was being paid.

'Not even that bad; it's like 20 minutes of work,' said one person. Another joined the conversation and commented, 'Kids don't wanna work; they are so lazy these days.'

The viral footage has since been taken down by TikTok from its platform due to 'harassment and bullying'.
Key Takeaways

• A fast food worker in New Zealand has quit his job after being asked to clean cooking equipment.
  • The footage of the incident went viral, with many people divided over the worker's actions.
  • Some people believed that the job was not as bad as the worker made it out to be, while others sympathised with him.
What are your thoughts, members? Was the employee unreasonable for quitting mid-shift, or do you agree that the task given to him was a bit overboard? Let us know in the comments!
In one word ===LAZY.!!!

not all this generation are like that there are a lot of good kids out there it is like most generations there are good and bad in all it is just that with modern technology they can film it all and then think it is smart to put it out there he still has to grow up and get a job at some time he just hope that the next time he has a job

I wonder what would happen if a war broke out and people had to fight for their country? Would these same people who don't like getting their hands dirty, defend their country? I am thankful that I grew up in an era where you just did what had to be done and did what you were paid to do. I also agree that a system could be put in place where hot water is run over the greasy stuff then piled on the side of the sink. Sadly a lot, not all, of young people are a bit precious and think that these types of tasks are beneath them. A few years ago, a young 17 year old just out of school was employed in admin for a month's trial where I was working. The day she said, "I don't do filing, that is for someone else to do", was the day that we all knew her contract would not be extended....and it wasn't.
No they will not defend our Country they have already done a survey asking 20 to 25 year olds this question and it was a resounding NO.

I started work at 14 and 9 months...legal age back then and worked to 52 Y.O. till I was made redundant, company was "saving M $$$$$$"... when my then boss asked "What are you going to do? I said nothing/just enjoy life. [I had a plan in place for many years prior] As I had seen the "future" was making hard working people "redundant"...without realising that not many could contribute a 100% and 10-to-12-hour days in the future.
Retired and happy 15 years on. Thanks for an early retirement.
There is an old saying. One generation struggle, one builds on it, and then one destroys it"

View attachment 9442

Key Takeaways

Did the job description state that some cleaning was involved? If so he can be labelled as one of the lazy entitled young people. If not, he could have pointed that out - politely.

I wonder what would happen if a war broke out and people had to fight for their country? Would these same people who don't like getting their hands dirty, defend their country? I am thankful that I grew up in an era where you just did what had to be done and did what you were paid to do. I also agree that a system could be put in place where hot water is run over the greasy stuff then piled on the side of the sink. Sadly a lot, not all, of young people are a bit precious and think that these types of tasks are beneath them. A few years ago, a young 17 year old just out of school was employed in admin for a month's trial where I was working. The day she said, "I don't do filing, that is for someone else to do", was the day that we all knew her contract would not be extended....and it wasn't.
Heaven forbid if we are attacked from outer space I think it would be us baby boomers fighting

Did the job description state that some cleaning was involved? If so he can be labelled as one of the lazy entitled young people. If not, he could have pointed that out - politely.
Personally when you're young in your first job you do what ever you're asked to do and then offer to do more in my first job if I only did what I was paid to do I would have only enough work for 2hrs out of 8 so used to ask the clerks to give me something to do. I was a messenger boy

I was a senior bridal consultant with juniors under me and I would never ask them to do anything I wouldn't.
Steaming dresses
Cleaning large mirrors
Vacuuming
Tidying racks
However I did come across a few who felt they didn't have to Vacuum or dust, they would say it wasn't in my job description.
I think this current generation want to rise straight to the top

My daughter has worked at MacDonald's since she was 14 she is now 31 and a store manager with a Bachelor of Policing .
I couldn't even begin to tell you how many people walk out or she fires all because they refuse to clean.
Last week someone shoved rolls of toilet paper down the toilet , my daughter went in and removed them if she didn't no one else would have

Im glad I have raised my kids to know how to clean.

Reactions: Helenmac and Ricci

View attachment 9442

Key Takeaways

Thats what there paid for

Reactions: Helenmac and Ricci
The lazy, disrespectable little A**e Hole, like previously mentioned it is about 20 min work. Speaking to an employer that way just show the type of person he is, and to have the time to film it, totally set up. I would ban him from every Macca's shop in his area. Notice this is a trend happening in amounts the young, a concern for our future with life.
Totally agree ban him from every Maccas in the country. Feel sorry for his future wife, if anyone is that silly, and he has to wash a dish or change his baby!

It comes from the nonsense they are told in schools. "You are the most importing person and you can do what you want, no one can tell you what to do".
How I did my apprenticeship, as a first-year apprentice we had the dirtiest jobs to do.

Many years ago I was in charge of an office and employed a young girl who was to be a junior. She knew what the job entailed. Once again did not want to file, go to the post office, deliver mail all because she had been to Business College. There have always been these youngsters around that want to start at the top.
Know of a girl starting work in an office ,who was asked to make coffee for the boss. Refused & said “ I have been to business school , not part of my job description.” Left on the spot. As it was a 7 person office her loss, now it is great job for me instead, been there for 7 years & such a happy well run place to work.

Reactions: Helenmac and Marj53
Maybe more to the story than meets the eye. Maybe that issue was the straw that broke the camels back. Working in retail sales for 12yrs, the amount of bullying done by our generation to the young workers is unbelieveable. Just ask any retail employee who the rudest customers are.....you won't like the answer.

It sounds like he was never expected to do anything at home. I’m constantly stunned by parents who don’t expect children to contribute to the running of the home. It makes for lazy, entitled young people who have no clue how to behave as an adult.

View attachment 9442

Key Takeaways

What stupid bloody idiot Moron.... good luck getting another job moron..... Working in any fast industry cleaning is part of the job unless and person is specifically hired for that position.....

Reactions: Helenmac and Marj53