Macca’s fan stunned over shocking burger detail

When it comes to fast food, there's no denying that McDonald’s is an all-time classic. From Big Macs to McChicken burgers, Macca’s always knows how to win our tastebuds over.

One fan, however, has made quite a stir after ordering a much-loved Fillet-O-Fish item, sharing a photo of the burger–but for all the wrong reasons. When the burger arrived, whilst his hands looked huge compared to it, it left him in shock. It looked so small!

The fan shared on social media: 'I can’t prove it’s gotten smaller, but I’m shocked. It was a regular Fillet-O-Fish. Slider was exactly what I thought when I saw it. It just shocked me! Sooo tiny. And expensive too.'

Screenshot 2023-08-04 113727.png
A Macca’s fan is stunned after seeing the size of Filet-O-Fish. Credit: Reddit

The fan added that he received the burger for free using MyMacca’s Rewards points, but the burger was meant to cost $7–the same price as a Big Mac. No wonder the fan was so surprised that something with a hefty price tag was so small!

The post became popular on social media, with thousands of reactions from different people affirming that the iconic burger is smaller than it used to be.

‘Ya, I'm done with McDonald's. They shrank their food so much and upped the price. Totally done with them’, one user shared.

Another user claimed, ‘This looks smaller than a Happy Meal hamburger.’

‘The sandwich is definitely smaller, the box it's come in hasn't changed at all,’ one comment says.

‘Someone posted a picture the other day of a Fillet-O-Fish with a (tomato sauce) packet on top for reference. It was barely just as wide in diameter as the (tomato sauce) packet was long,’ a user shared in the comments section.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 113912.png
A photo of a Double Fish Filet compared to a tomato sauce packet has circulated on social media. Credit: Reddit

However, other comments disagreed. Someone pointed out that the Fillet-O-Fish has always been the same size as a McDonald’s Hamburger. ‘It’s the exact same size. They use the same bun they always have. People need to stop being delusional,’ the user said.

‘Has it shrunk? No.’ one comment added.

Key Takeaways
  • An Australian sparked controversy in social media by sharing a photo of what he believes to be a shrunken Fillet-O-Fish burger from McDonald's.
  • Supposedly smaller than expected, the burger sparked a massive response from thousands of social media users reacting to the size of said burger.
  • While some agreed with the user, others refuted the claim, stating that the Fillet-O-Fish has always been the same size as McDonald's other burgers.

Have you ordered a Fillet-O-Fish at your local Macca’s recently, dear members? Do you believe they shrunk in size? Share your experience in the comments below!

Sponsored