Macca’s burgers ranked from best to worst — How did your favourite fare?

Have you ever wondered what the best Macca's burger is?

News.com.au's reporter Mitchell Van Homrigh did a taste test of each burger and has revealed his personal ranking of Macca's burgers, giving curious Aussies an idea on which among the meals are the best of the best.

bA_x0-3FK1kJfi_rVribbJdx12hTE2Fa34AyhMbstDDtf8HEW3kpL9aEu9x4ITHBQTUoffvTBltIwJohECWYcUSMm9r8luimRL5AN-AupIsuvmbQd3GOzZFG3Golkyi2DkTfiQs

News.com.au’s Mitchell Van Homrigh ranked Macca’s burgers to give curious Aussies an idea which among them are the best. Credit: McDonald’s.

How do you think your favourite did?

Credit: TikTok/@news.com.au

6th place: Filet O'Fish

IQHxSV_BytRwSYIlpccSVl5G5UMtjJkZK9zVls5gp_T1RdzFtdWjcE_IjDBBPzgZbitRK4FhKgK8Y2b4nGFofO01efTdpmSPFOAkDoyEuSWP0yfMjdtAywKrmAzIRKLmryQGkd0

Credit: McDonald’s

This burger features the Alaska Pollock meat that the fast food giant claims to be sustainably sourced.

Mitchell says that the burger has a "weird fishy taste" (for obvious reasons) and that it reminds him of his childhood when he would occasionally be coerced into eating them during religious holidays".

5th place: McChicken

o3HWIwT5qGuejNvPs2a2iJyUA7dysct0P41K2Tx2tMWrSaNQJOceT-nvlLgXy0GhFdX0Dqy40det8hI-9-De7_oxRcYmELxe1AWxEW7hhoadjJ1vETa6iwi8fwVypGU6WubnYcE

McDonald's Australia claims on their website that the chicken meat they use for their McChicken burgers is locally sourced.

While the burger is considered a classic menu item, Mitchell said that the meal tastes "bland".

He says: "Bland, blergh and something I could make."

The reporter, however, gives a bit of advice on how to give it more flavour...

"Play up the mayo, iceberg lettuce combo — which is typically good — but in this case lacked flavour," Mitchell says.

4th place: Grand Angus

i5fertB_3h908x5_EjlVp6YGDvLWQVxonqivXYmS8TTPaAH0z_pYhLZSllwm2LKzfu6rzIelZsBrHidgJgptYl8ZXqf_4PlHYXXsmn7-HwpFV320Nq3zVUpR_SxK4TaFnE7Sjjo

Source: McDonald’s

This burger makes up part of the fast food chain's premium menu but for Mitchell, the burger seems to be "more bad than boujee".

The reporter writes: "It had a slightly thicker patty, a little bit of salad and some nice sauce combos."

Mitchell also describes it as the Macca's version of a whopper — Hungry Jack's famous burger.

3rd place: Cheeseburger

3WRuUkRaYY0VdpzwTg_GW1PhAIDEw-mQDtO7MqVfj4pR6r8lf1wl9DDxWAnamCC1A46ulII85IFpwMj72yYH_nOUsFfLimiL6h9wvWL4BotDU_OsFrVNG8xYxikVvxF9-AmJIrg

"Fantastic size, not too big," Mitchell writes.

He notes that the burger features soft, sweet buns, a delicious meat patty, and a plastic cheese "that struggles to fully melt".

The journalist also emphasised that the topping in this burger — small amounts of onion, pickles, and tomato sauce — makes it the "perfect burger".

2nd place: Chicken and cheese

LkQOzJTUAduIvp0FTO_iV5SUTdvOybKCgB_mmdc_iDTheAG9eE-kBAzQ7L7P93ZSTSq8xw39E1DGQiUJ2mhETBpqHqmy2O4rMXyoCYJ8OgwIVeYWbNOp0VXZUxNivSjnBMP7wUg

What happens when you put cheese on a fried chicken patty? PERFECTION!

"Great sized buns, a fried chicken pattie (it’s really a large nugget) smothered in cheese and covered with life-changing mayonnaise," he writes.

The burger is simple and definitely tasty.

1st place: Big Mac

7fe1qh0B5kjQ44pk0IMtpWB28665fsrFYZRDr5NjKPNrxGKoVbAunMFH7S4lMKFVFUZ078fDLDEw1lfU5QJ5yiflzUobbJ147ljWtPxeDzVqPDngRXeDASUTuM386Z2nucOYPZs

For most of us, Big Mac is synonymous with McDonald's — there's just no way for us to be separating the two! For starters, McDonald's is known for Big Macs (see how I struggle to not associate one with the other?).

The combination of the beef burger, lettuce, pickles, onion, and secret sauce makes this burger irresistible.

Wanna try your hand at crafting the Maccas classic yourself? Check out this video here on how to make a healthy Big Mac

Credit: YouTube/Meal Prep Mondays

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
The burgers never look like the photo. The ingredients vary in quantity. From minimal salad etc. The only burger they get right is the quarter pounder. And its the best burger.

I remember back in the day around about the 80's Maccas had fresher burgers and back then fillet of fish was quite tasty, but now there burgers are all smaller and not as fresh what the hell happened, I like the burgers back then now if I go to Maccas the burgers look like they have been quashed not fresh and I all always check the order is correct ( especially through drive through many times had been caught out with wrong order. I remember travelling to Qld stopped @ Macca's @ Coffs Harbour walked in and ordered take away as was travelling, it wasn't busy they lost our order number 30 mins later I queried it anyway got order evenually as we headed out of Coffs my wife checked the sausage Mc muffin GUESS WHAT NO FILLING INSIDE just buns what the hell so turned back was a not a happy Jan, Even the manager on duty wasn't sure what to do, anyway got a complimentary meal that probably wasted 50 minutes of our trip couldn't believe it.

• Sad
I used to like the fish burger, but they are so small now, you need 2 to feel like you've eaten something and they are too expensive to buy 2 at a time... there's not enough salad in the Big Mac.. its just meat lettuce cheese with a couple of pickles... need tomato to give it more flavour.... Hugry Jack's Wopper beats it everytime... but homemade with bacon, egg, beetroot and pineapple on there too is the gold star level. ⭐⭐

I don't do takeaways as the nearest one to me is a 20min (one way) drive away. Haven't had any for years but I could be persuaded when the actual burgers resemble the advertising pictures.

Reactions: Defiant540

News.com.au's reporter Mitchell Van Homrigh did a taste test of each burger and has revealed his personal ranking of Macca's burgers, giving curious Aussies an idea on which among the meals are the best of the best.

bA_x0-3FK1kJfi_rVribbJdx12hTE2Fa34AyhMbstDDtf8HEW3kpL9aEu9x4ITHBQTUoffvTBltIwJohECWYcUSMm9r8luimRL5AN-AupIsuvmbQd3GOzZFG3Golkyi2DkTfiQs

News.com.au’s Mitchell Van Homrigh ranked Macca’s burgers to give curious Aussies an idea which among them are the best. Credit: McDonald’s.

IQHxSV_BytRwSYIlpccSVl5G5UMtjJkZK9zVls5gp_T1RdzFtdWjcE_IjDBBPzgZbitRK4FhKgK8Y2b4nGFofO01efTdpmSPFOAkDoyEuSWP0yfMjdtAywKrmAzIRKLmryQGkd0

This burger features the Alaska Pollock meat that the fast food giant claims to be sustainably sourced.

Mitchell says that the burger has a "weird fishy taste" (for obvious reasons) and that it reminds him of his childhood when he would occasionally be coerced into eating them during religious holidays".

o3HWIwT5qGuejNvPs2a2iJyUA7dysct0P41K2Tx2tMWrSaNQJOceT-nvlLgXy0GhFdX0Dqy40det8hI-9-De7_oxRcYmELxe1AWxEW7hhoadjJ1vETa6iwi8fwVypGU6WubnYcE

McDonald's Australia claims on their website that the chicken meat they use for their McChicken burgers is locally sourced.

While the burger is considered a classic menu item, Mitchell said that the meal tastes "bland".

"Play up the mayo, iceberg lettuce combo — which is typically good — but in this case lacked flavour," Mitchell says.

i5fertB_3h908x5_EjlVp6YGDvLWQVxonqivXYmS8TTPaAH0z_pYhLZSllwm2LKzfu6rzIelZsBrHidgJgptYl8ZXqf_4PlHYXXsmn7-HwpFV320Nq3zVUpR_SxK4TaFnE7Sjjo

This burger makes up part of the fast food chain's premium menu but for Mitchell, the burger seems to be "more bad than boujee".

The reporter writes: "It had a slightly thicker patty, a little bit of salad and some nice sauce combos."

Mitchell also describes it as the Macca's version of a whopper — Hungry Jack's famous burger.

3WRuUkRaYY0VdpzwTg_GW1PhAIDEw-mQDtO7MqVfj4pR6r8lf1wl9DDxWAnamCC1A46ulII85IFpwMj72yYH_nOUsFfLimiL6h9wvWL4BotDU_OsFrVNG8xYxikVvxF9-AmJIrg

He notes that the burger features soft, sweet buns, a delicious meat patty, and a plastic cheese "that struggles to fully melt".

The journalist also emphasised that the topping in this burger — small amounts of onion, pickles, and tomato sauce — makes it the "perfect burger".

LkQOzJTUAduIvp0FTO_iV5SUTdvOybKCgB_mmdc_iDTheAG9eE-kBAzQ7L7P93ZSTSq8xw39E1DGQiUJ2mhETBpqHqmy2O4rMXyoCYJ8OgwIVeYWbNOp0VXZUxNivSjnBMP7wUg

"Great sized buns, a fried chicken pattie (it’s really a large nugget) smothered in cheese and covered with life-changing mayonnaise," he writes.

7fe1qh0B5kjQ44pk0IMtpWB28665fsrFYZRDr5NjKPNrxGKoVbAunMFH7S4lMKFVFUZ078fDLDEw1lfU5QJ5yiflzUobbJ147ljWtPxeDzVqPDngRXeDASUTuM386Z2nucOYPZs

For most of us, Big Mac is synonymous with McDonald's — there's just no way for us to be separating the two! For starters, McDonald's is known for Big Macs (see how I struggle to not associate one with the other?).

The combination of the beef burger, lettuce, pickles, onion, and secret sauce makes this burger irresistible.

Wanna try your hand at crafting the Maccas classic yourself? Check out this video here on how to make a healthy Big Mac

Never had a hot burger at Forest Lake McDonaids or any where else come to think or it

My favourite from Mc Donald's is the DOUBLE WHOPPER® CHEESE BURGER with a large serve of BATTERED ONION RINGS followed by a STORM CADBURY® FLAKE® and all washed down with a CHOCOLATE SHAKE

Are husband and self the only ones in Australia who have never eat a Big Mac or any McDonalds meal at all lol. The funny thing is that my nephew is an executive working for them in Chicago. I just look at that and wonder how on earth you eat one...do you have to pull it apart. I much prefer a small bun with just one or two items on it. But that of course is my personal taste :)

Sadly people up to about 40 have never experienced the Old hamburger ... everything in it was fresh ..... bun , meat , lettuce , tomato , beetroot , onion and sauce as a basic burger. Macdonald has processed buns , pre made frozen meat a piece of pickle and some sauce ... NEVER even remotely like the photos in the ads . To call the place a Restaurant , they have got to be kidding.
I would not feed any of them to my dog.