Lotto winner who thought she only won $1,300 instead gets emotional after learning she actually won $1.3 MILLION

We've all experienced it at one point – thinking we've won a big prize, only to be disappointed when we realise it was just a false alarm.

But for one young mother from Mackay in North Queensland, her wildest dreams came true when she thought she'd won $1,300 in Saturday's Gold Lotto draw – only to discover she'd actually won $1.3 million.

The woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, had one of four division one winning entries in the draw, with the other three also taking home the same amount.

KfvgVY2AWDbuhQssKYuaSuLrcArHDJfEgxgOQ0z4ynCFXdJmOZkRWJbviXjDWYXeEGEPPWiQJFD3I2rB18bqOdEZKY7AXN6Yokh9ud9gPlNUaq6CTpPE52_K6MJieOc7QhVUbb8hoqhDQIjH

A mum from Queensland thought that she only won $1,300 instead of $1.3 million from Saturday’s Gold Lotto draw. Credit: The Lott.

Speaking to a Lott official who contacted her on Monday morning to deliver the news, the woman said: "I checked my ticket online yesterday, I thought I'd won $1,300, and I was delighted."

"But I kept looking at the ticket, and I saw all the numbers lit up in a line. I realised I'd won $1.3 million, not $1,300."

"I went all jittery."

The mum confessed that although she checked the results of the draw online, she anxiously waited for the phone call to confirm if her ticket actually won the lottery.

She recalled: "'Hubby was down at the shops getting some lunch, and he didn't take his phone, so I had to wait for him to come back to break the news."

"When he finally got back, I broke the news to him, and he started shaking so much. We were so happy!"

The mum also said that they immediately opened the bottle of champagne they've been keeping in the fridge for special occasions to celebrate the win.

"It's come at the best time for us and will make a tremendous difference to our lives," she shared.

"We want to use the prize to help our growing family and save the rest for our future retirements."

Needless to say, she was over the moon with her life-changing windfall and is now looking forward to a bright future for her and her family.

9a1q_UtcdSlbkV3euud_Sx_xz7CSX70UReG94Fh_L4YYTKFR5QN8cUpa4RTaDUWe7rGuRGEOwALlo5gjTaq8UD0lsMDrVwPYUh3tCwMVha_pGiCkJQX5pUR37H-JUu-dKlZ2-HvYVyzL-ZMQ

The mum said that the prize money will be used to support her and her husband’s growing family. Credit: Shutterstock/HTeam.

Simon Pastega, co-owner of News Central, claimed that the store sold the winning ticket to the woman, revealing that they had sold a few winning tickets recently.

He said: "Isn't it great news... We've already had two division one wins in just three weeks. So, we want to make it a hat trick and have a third division one win soon."

"Last year, we also sold a $50 million winning ticket in Powerball."

"It's fantastic news for the entire Mackay community. It'll undoubtedly create a buzz around town."

It was reported that one of the four winning entries in Saturday's Gold Lotto draw was from Queensland, another one was from Victoria, and the other two were from New South Wales.

Have you had similar experiences before where what initially seemed like a small windfall unexpectedly turned out to be a much larger one? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
My sister and I thought we had won big in the lotto. My daughter was reading out the numbers to her nan and mum crossed off all the numbers. We were out at the time and mum rang us saying we had all the numbers. We didn't though as my daughter read out 33 when it was 30 and 3 so we didn't get the big one but we were excited though

Reactions: Ricci
I don't think I have won anything, ever. I buy all the raffle tickets going and I always travel hopefully but so far it's all been in vain. One of these days......:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I had the biggest win on Thursday night power all, I forgot to check my tickets so went into the paper shop and asked the fella if anyone had won he said yes two people won $40,000,000, I said that’s way to much I’d be happy with $100,000 he replied what about $100 ,I won $138 and was so happy I couldn’t imagine what it would feel l8me to win a big amount.

Reactions: Ricci