Welcome @LorrDonn!

We'd love for you to share your answer to this icebreaker so we can get to know you better :D

What is your favourite musical instrument and why?

Reactions: LadyD
Piano- always loved the piano - took lessons some years ago- couldn't store the notes in my memory bank-
too full of other stuff- think it was called raising children.:confused::confused:

• Love
Piano- always loved the piano - took lessons some years ago- couldn't store the notes in my memory bank-
too full of other stuff- think it was called raising children.:confused::confused:
That's a shame :( But it's never too late to learn! Might be a fun hobby for you to try during retirement

Reactions: LadyD and LorrDonn
I have given up on learning Piano- I am a bag maker -I make all sorts of bags -wallets- shoulder bags
Usually sell at the local caravan park here at Bargara- and I have a FB page -
But don't seem to sell much from there.

Attachments

• 1 -08- 2021 (2).JPG
    1 -08- 2021 (2).JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 5-08- 2021 (2).JPG
    5-08- 2021 (2).JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 25-102021 -Sacotin -Mambo small (1).JPG
    25-102021 -Sacotin -Mambo small (1).JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 9-06-2021 (2).JPG
    9-06-2021 (2).JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: LadyD and Goodbloke
Wow those look really well-made! Do you buy the materials or repurpose them from something else?
I buy the faux leather and fabrics new- search the internet for different - as I like to make different from the normal that you would see in the average bag shop. Also the hardware/zips are different to just the normal gold & silver. I have enjoyed sewing for 40 plus years now -from my and children's/grandchildren's clothing to quilts now bags- my bags are different to what you would see in any shops. I am very passionate about what I do.

• Love
Lady D is also a seamstress for well over 60 years now. Mum’s latest adventures are making reusable, 3 layer face masks! Also many other handcrafts like Tatting, Embroidery, Candle wicking etc. her work is beautiful. Good luck LorrDonn with your bags they look fantastic! (Lady M)

I buy the faux leather and fabrics new- search the internet for different - as I like to make different from the normal that you would see in the average bag shop. Also the hardware/zips are different to just the normal gold & silver. I have enjoyed sewing for 40 plus years now -from my and children's/grandchildren's clothing to quilts now bags- my bags are different to what you would see in any shops. I am very passionate about

Lady D is also a seamstress for well over 60 years now. Mum’s latest adventures are making reusable, 3 layer face masks! Also many other handcrafts like Tatting, Embroidery, Candle wicking etc. her work is beautiful. Good luck LorrDonn with your bags they look fantastic! (Lady M)
I have seen all of these crafts- I was a show steward for many years in the country town where we retired from- I was always in absolute awe of the work that some of the ladies bought in.

• Love
Perhaps you could have some way of others putting their hobbies out there -for others to read??
Just a thought🤷‍♀️

• Love
LorrDonn, LadyM (me) was a music teacher. Teaching organ, piano, keyboard and would you believe guitar. I had many older retired students, who like you couldn’t retain notes etc but, you don’t have to be able to read music to play it well enough to enjoy it. It is only for your enjoyment mate, throw away the music and just play! Good luck

• Love
Reactions: LorrDonn