Local mum's timing skills pay off big-time with $200 worth of meat for under $15!

Are you ready to learn the ultimate supermarket trick that could save you hundreds of dollars on your grocery bill? Well, buckle up because one savvy mum of four has got us covered with her incredible clearance hack!

Using her wits and timing skills, this shopper managed to snag more than $200 worth of meat for just $12.14! That's right; you read that correctly — a whopping 94 per cent discount! Most of the meat packages she bought were priced at a jaw-dropping 50 cents each!

Imagine walking into a supermarket and stumbling upon a goldmine of discounted items. Well, that's exactly what happened to this shopper! She had her timing down to a science and struck gold when she walked in at the perfect moment, just as the supermarket employees were doing markdowns.

The store manager, noticing her keen eye for deals, offered her a whole trolley filled with marked-down products! Can you believe it? It was like winning the lottery of grocery shopping!

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 10.18.35 AM.png
A thrifty mum scored over $200 worth of meat for just $12.14 by taking advantage of her store's mark-down times. Credit: Facebook.

Here's her insider tip: she knew when to shop for the best deals. She had asked around and learned that evenings were the prime time for markdowns in her local store. Armed with this knowledge, she made sure she didn't miss out on the biggest discounts.

With her freezer stocked with discounted meat, she was all set to keep her family fed without breaking the bank. And she even made sure to leave some for other shoppers because she's not just thrifty, she's also considerate!

So, if you're looking to score incredible deals like this supermum, remember that timing is key. Don't be afraid to ask store employees or cashiers about the best time for markdowns in your store.

With a little bit of knowledge and a keen eye for deals, you, too, can become a savvy shopper and save big on your grocery bill.

Have you ever wondered why supermarkets sometimes offer incredible discounts on items nearing their best-before date? Well, a spokesperson for Coles gave some insight into this practice, stating that it's done to reduce wastage and provide value for money to shoppers.

The spokesperson explained that when a product is nearing its best-before date, instead of being wasted, the store marks it down so that customers can enjoy it for a lower price.

It's a win-win situation — customers get to save money while the store reduces its waste.

However, as mentioned earlier, it's important to note that markdowns don't have a set time across all stores. Many factors come into play, such as stock on hand, delivery schedules, and team member rostering, which can impact when and why a store decides to offer discounts.

Key Takeaways

• A thrifty mum of four scored an incredible deal by taking advantage of her local store's markdowns on products nearing their best-before date.
  • By timing her shopping trips to coincide with markdowns, she was able to fill her freezer with over $200 worth of meat for just $12.14.
  • A spokesperson for Coles explained that the practice of marking down near-expiry items is done to reduce food wastage and provide value for money to shoppers and that the timing of markdowns varies depending on factors such as stock levels and delivery schedules.

It's not just one lucky mum who cracked the code of grocery shopping savings — many shoppers have shared their incredible experiences of scoring big discounts at their local stores!

Another savvy shopper revealed that she saved a whopping $200 on her grocery bill by shopping at a particular time. She shared that when she visited her local Coles store at 8 pm, she couldn't believe her eyes — almost everything was marked down to just 10 cents!

Talk about an unbelievable deal! She managed to fill her cart, paying only $3.60 for her entire haul. Now that's what we call smart shopping!

But she's not the only one who struck gold. Another Coles customer shared her amazing score of $215 worth of food items for just $10! How did she do it? By also shopping at 8 pm and taking advantage of the many discounted items available.

However, another shopper from Queensland was able to snag a massive haul of discounted meat for just $37 by visiting her local Coles in the late afternoon, around 3 pm.

And if you're looking for the best day to do your grocery shopping at Coles, many shoppers have suggested that Wednesday is the way to go. Apparently, the shelves get fully stocked the night before, so you're less likely to miss out on any specials.

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 10.18.27 AM.png
By shopping at the right time, other shoppers have also shared their success stories in scoring huge markdowns. Credit: Facebook.

If you really want to save big on your grocery bills, signing up for loyalty programs offered by supermarkets is also a great option. Many of these programs offer personalised offers and cash discounts off your grocery shopping, which can really add up over time and make a big difference to your wallet.

So whether you're a savvy shopper who knows the best time and place to score a great deal, or you prefer to take advantage of loyalty programs to save money, there are plenty of ways to keep your grocery bills in check and make the most of your shopping experience.

Members, have you ever scored a major discount on groceries, like the shoppers we talked about in this article? How did you do it?

And do you prefer to shop during specific times of the day or week to take advantage of discounts? If so, when do you find the best deals? Share your tips and tricks with us in the comments!

Sponsored
I was at my local supermarket one morning when I noticed that T bone steak, 2 per pack had the wrong label on them. Instead of T bone at about $15 per pack, it had beef bones at around $2.45 per pack. 12 packs in my trolley = around $1.25 per individual T bone.

• Wow
Reactions: Jarred Santos
I was at my local supermarket one morning when I noticed that T bone steak, 2 per pack had the wrong label on them. Instead of T bone at about $15 per pack, it had beef bones at around $2.45 per pack. 12 packs in my trolley = around $1.25 per individual T bone.
That was a great buy but unfortunately if it was me I would have pointed out the mistake to the checkout girl and if she still gave it to me then great .

This has happened to me once b4.
What has happened twice to me was at priceline when getting scripts made , the first time he never added one of my meds to the receipt that I had to pay at the front of the store I realised this just b4 I left the store and went back and paid for it.
The 2nd time my daughter picked up and paid for my meds and when she met me outside she said they charged less than I said, again they left of a medication that cost $23 , again I went back and paid.
Both times they were surprised I went back and paid and both times they said not many would have gone back and paid.

If I see a mistake I will bring it up not just when I'm over charged .

It's a thing called my conscience

Makes me think of the old IKEA advert, where the Mrs comes running out of the store, yelling to hubby ... "start the car, start the car ... "