SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
F

Fisherman2320

Apr 23, 2022
Little Johnny And History.

In class one day, Mr Johnson pulled Johnny over to his desk after a test, and said, 'Johnny I have a feeling that you have been cheating on your tests.' Johnny was astounded and asked Mr Johnson to prove it.
'Well,' said Mr. Johnson, 'I was looking over your test and the question was, ‘Who was our first prime minister?’, and the little girl that sits next to you, Mary, put ‘Edmund Barton,’ and so did you.'
'So, everyone knows that he was the first prime minister.' said little Johnny with his little innocent eyes open large. 'Just wait a minute,' said Mr. Johnson. 'The next question was, 'Who freed the slaves in American history?’ Mary put Abraham Lincoln and so did you.'
'Well, I read the history book last night and I remembered that,' said Johnny. 'Wait, wait,' said Mr Johnson. 'The next question was, 'Who was president during the Louisiana Purchase?' Mary put 'I don't know,' and you put, "Me neither"'.'

Last edited by a moderator:

In class one day, Mr Johnson pulled Johnny over to his desk after a test, and said, 'Johnny I have a feeling that you have been cheating on your tests.' Johnny was astounded and asked Mr Johnson to prove it.
'Well,' said Mr. Johnson, 'I was looking over your test and the question was, ‘Who was our first prime minister?’, and the little girl that sits next to you, Mary, put ‘Edmund Barton,’ and so did you.'
'So, everyone knows that he was the first prime minister.' said little Johnny with his little innocent eyes open large. 'Just wait a minute,' said Mr. Johnson. 'The next question was, 'Who freed the slaves in American history?’ Mary put Abraham Lincoln and so did you.'
'Well, I read the history book last night and I remembered that,' said Johnny. 'Wait, wait,' said Mr Johnson. 'The next question was, 'Who was president during the Louisiana Purchase?' Mary put 'I don't know,' and you put, "Me neither"'.'

This Johnny is more of a lion than a cheater however I did work out a way using safety pins to attach long strips of paper inside the sleeves of both arms of my school jumper. When hunched over I could retrieve the exam notes. I remember that all I needed to do was stretch my arm and *poof* the little slips of paper disappeared inside my sleeves when the teacher walked around.

In my defense I was classified by my form teacher as being DUMB AS A PLANK and I had to wear a white cone hat with a big black D on it more than a few times in math class. I certainly did seem to do well in geography though as well as English. This always surprised my teachers...

• Haha
Reactions: Ezzy and Miss Chris
This Johnny is more of a lion than a cheater however I did work out a way using safety pins to attach long strips of paper inside the sleeves of both arms of my school jumper. When hunched over I could retrieve the exam notes. I remember that all I needed to do was stretch my arm and *poof* the little slips of paper disappeared inside my sleeves when the teacher walked around.

In my defense I was classified by my form teacher as being DUMB AS A PLANK and I had to wear a white cone hat with a big black D on it more than a few times in math class. I certainly did seem to do well in geography though as well as English. This always surprised my teachers...
Is that really true?? What a terrible
thing to do. Everybody is different, not everyone is good at everything.
I was good at all the basics, maths, English, etc, but hopeless at science, and extra hopeless at French, le this, la that, depending on whether male or female. Who the heck knows the sex of the table, chairs, etc??? lol.
Still, at 76, makes no sense to me.

Love little Johnny 😃

Reactions: Ezzy
I was good at all the basics, maths, English, etc, but hopeless at science, and extra hopeless at French, le this, la that, depending on whether male or female. Who the heck knows the sex of the table, chairs, etc??? lol.
I was never good at maths/arithmetic but strangely enough my first job was a costing clerk, so there you go once you are making a living from it and you have to put it into practice, you excel. I always found arithmetic/maths boring at school but loved my job as costing clerk.

😂

Reactions: Pink lion

Lol, Poor johnny got caught copying clever little Mary! Hahaha.

So, you weren't completely dumb if you could do well in geography and english.

G'day My little Tibbies, Yep, its absolutely true, that this *on numerous occasions* is what got me through primary school. Memory retention was not my thing at all. A.D.D they called it... brain fog would be a more apt term. I recall it was like sitting watching a person speak and have no idea of what they where saying or at times what they just said. In one EAR and out the other as my Mum (RiP) used to say and it was absolutely true and I recall quite clearly that it was VERY VERY confronting time to live through back then.

The fact that you learnt French and did well in any subjects at school identifies to me love (I'm 70) that you do not identify with the dilemma I was in and how I managed to get through it at all. The issue was I figured to either pretend I understood just like everyone else and just get through it or be labelled and have to go to other schooling. So, what's a wily young kid like me to do, but result to other methods. As I said I'm 70 never been incarcerated and I've trained and helped more than a few over the years to look after themselves.

Good for you, you sound like a survivor. Thank goodness they are more understanding of learning difficulties these days.
My daughter was born with an intellectual disability and was terribly teased at school (children can be so cruel).
When I met my husband and we moved, the school had an Education Support Unit there and she went ahead in leaps and bounds from then on. In this school the children in the main stream were taught to be accepting of those who may be.different
I don't know that I learnt any French, they definitely taught it, but I certainly have no aptitude for languages. Well I'm 76 now, have never been to France and don't imagine I ever will so I guess it didn't really matter

Good for you, you sound like a survivor. Thank goodness they are more understanding of learning difficulties these days.
My daughter was born with an intellectual disability and was terribly teased at school (children can be so cruel).
When I met my husband and we moved, the school had an Education Support Unit there and she went ahead in leaps and bounds from then on. In this school the children in the main stream were taught to be accepting of those who may be.different
I don't know that I learnt any French, they definitely taught it, but I certainly have no aptitude for languages. Well I'm 76 now, have never been to France and don't imagine I ever will so I guess it didn't really matter
You'may have missed out on the experience of visiting France but then they say what you don't know you never miss. I was lucky enough to visit France at 21 (I am now 88) but still have good memories of rural France. Did not like Paris.