Listeners in shock as woman reveals act with her best friend's partner LIVE on air

Having good friends is one of life’s true blessings.

After all, there’s nothing quite like sharing laughter — and tears — with people who know you like the back of their hands, right?

That’s why we were so taken aback recently when a caller to a radio show revealed that she’d been up close and personal with her best friend’s boyfriend.

Well, a bit too much, perhaps.

Listeners of the Kyle and Jackie O Show were in for quite a scandalous affair last Wednesday, February 22, when a woman named Steph called in.

Steph’s best friend Lara has a boyfriend, and a few months back, when things got tense because of constant fighting, they separated for about two weeks.

Enter Steph, who claims she slept with Lara’s boyfriend once in that window of time. (Gasp!)

It had been six months since then, and Steph hadn’t said a word to anyone — until this week.

‘She has not had the courage to do this, and she’s going to do it (today),’ Jackie said on the show.

‘Oh, for God’s sake. This could be a disaster!’ Kyle replied.

To her credit, Jackie said it very well could, but she also explained that Steph wanted to confess on the show — with thousands of Aussies listening in —- because she thought that somehow it might help soften the blow for Lara.

But did it? Read on…

photo-1454909516657-78526f214d05.jpg
Steph and Lara have been friends for five years. But Steph has a secret she’s been dying to tell Lara. Stock Image Credit: Unsplash

‘It just happened’

‘We were just at a party, lots of alcohol involved, and it just happened,’ Steph explained. ‘You know, like the whole time they’ve been dating, we’ve always flirted with each other, and yeah, it just happened.’

The night in question, Lara was away for work on night duty. Steph, Lara, and the boyfriend were all workmates, which left Steph and the boyfriend partying away.

‘We were kind of the last ones there — it was my house,’ Steph admitted.

Steph said she was also ‘a hundred per cent’ convinced that Lara and her then ex-boyfriend weren’t getting back together.

Apparently, Steph tried numerous times to tell Lara the truth.

‘I’ve been trying to tell her face-to-face, but she’s always inviting the boyfriend over, like if we have breakfast, she will bring him around.’

‘It’s very awkward now, so I’ve distanced myself from her, and I think she sort of senses something’s up.’

Steph also gave some background on why she wanted to confess, given that her friendship with Lara would also be on the line.

‘If he slept with me, then how many other girls did he sleep with? Is he sleeping with other people?… I’m a sh*t friend, and I really messed up,’ she said.

‘It was sh*t. You know, it’s like when you’re on a diet, and you eat a cupcake, and it’s sh*t, and you wish you never did it to begin with?’

photo-1586751419103-b120dc6f6314.jpg
Steph wanted to come clean about an incident involving Lara’s boyfriend. Image Credit: Unsplash

‘You’re my best friend’

Eventually, Kyle and Jackie O were able to get to Lara for the confession’s big finale.

As anyone in her shoes would, she didn’t take it well.

‘What! Are you serious? No… We had a fight, and you slept with him,’ she told Steph.

‘I don’t know how I can forgive you…He’s gone now, you can have him.’

‘It’s awful,’ she added in tears. ‘I thought you were my best friend… It’s been so long, you could’ve told me.’

‘I don’t want him. I stuffed up. I wanted to tell you, and I never got the chance to tell you,’ Steph replied.

‘I’m so sorry, I don’t know how many times I can apologise for this.’

‘I had to say something, I couldn’t keep avoiding you… I had to own up to the fact I stuffed up, I’m a sh*t friend.’

Sensing that a resolution was still a long way off between the two, Kyle quickly wrapped the conversation up.

‘We’ll let you let you ladies wade through this puddle of… disaster,’ he said.

‘I’m definitely going to need some time,’ Lara admitted.

Kyle's following parting words offered a strange comfort after Steph’s shocking admission to Lara.

‘These things can’t be rushed. Everyone knows the truth now, it can only get better from here.’

Key Takeaways
  • A woman named Steph confessed to sleeping with her best friend Lara's boyfriend live on the Kyle and Jackie O Show.
  • Lara and her boyfriend were on a two-week break at the time.
  • Stephanie was nervous about telling Lara the truth and chose to confess on the radio instead to ‘soften the blow’.
  • The conversation ended with Lara in tears hearing Steph’s apology and saying she needs time to think things through.
But probably not for the boyfriend in question, though. When Jackie asked if Lara would be calling him for an, er, interesting chat, Lara responded with a very telling: ‘Oh, yes. I will be.’

‘You don’t want to hear what I have to tell him.’ (Yikes.)

It’s difficult to know where Steph and Lara will go from here, but we sincerely hope that this story highlights the consequences of our actions on other people — and the value of telling the truth.

Meanwhile, if you want to read up more about the types of couples vulnerable to infidelity, check out this article we wrote here!

So, what are your thoughts on Steph and Lara’s problem? Should Steph not have spoken up at all? How would you react if you were in Lara’s shoes?

Tell us your thoughts below!

Sponsored
If they were not together at the time I suppose he was fair game but I couldn't do it to my friend. I caught my first husband with my best friend in the next room when I was sick in bed. I now do not have that friend and I do have a new husband. I however did not tell her husband and they were still together last I heard many yuears ago.

This is sick, disgusting and immoral!!!
They played with the fire, they got burned 🤷🏻‍♀️
”It just happened“, she said. No, things don’t just happen, we have choices in life and actions have consequences!!

Reactions: Defiant540
I never can understand why they do that with their friend. Of all the people on the planet, they pick that one person!