I don't get the age thing, I'm 70 in about two weeks. I am still me still walking on logs, still whistling or singing out loud. still up for a game of kick the kick or whatever with the young thirty-year-old whipper snappers ha ha ha. I have heaps of energy.

I have been lifting long lengths of heavy timber and carrying boxes and bags of concrete and stacking them into a container, wheelbarrowing and weeding a very steep hill these past weeks. Soon there's a pump shed to be built and about four more full pallets of tiles to be opened carried laid out washed treated restacked and laid out around a pool. Each tile is about as heavy as a medium sized dog two sausage rolls, a wet newspaper and about half a pack of lifesavers (though that's only an estimation).

Age is a state of mind over matter. If you're in a healthy state and don't mind, then it doesn't matter. I intend to not go quietly into the night... Once a larrikin... always a larrikin. I shall be emoting the note on the dance floor by myself or in company, I really am not bothered ... because when there's no body to show off for, I just simply go for it cellarbrate and entertain myself.

I don't get the age thing, I'm 70 in about two weeks. I am still me still walking on logs, still whistling or singing out loud. still up for a game of kick the kick or whatever with the young thirty-year-old whipper snappers ha ha ha. I have heaps of energy.

I have been lifting long lengths of heavy timber and carrying boxes and bags of concrete and stacking them into a container, wheelbarrowing and weeding a very steep hill these past weeks. Soon there's a pump shed to be built and about four more full pallets of tiles to be opened carried laid out washed treated restacked and laid out around a pool. Each tile is about as heavy as a medium sized dog two sausage rolls, a wet newspaper and about half a pack of lifesavers (though that's only an estimation).

Age is a state of mind over matter. If you're in a healthy state and don't mind, then it doesn't matter. I intend to not go quietly into the night... Once a larrikin... always a larrikin. I shall be emoting the note on the dance floor by myself or in company, I really am not bothered ... because when there's no body to show off for, I just simply go for it cellarbrate and entertain myself.
GREAT TO HEAR..., I said the same thing just a few years ago, fate took its course and now life is entirely the opposite.
Sadly, not everyone is in YOUR shoes (which I'm sure you polished yourself),
This is simply my way for me, as well as others, to laugh at fate, which, as you've probably noticed, I do often. :love: 😁 :rolleyes:

GREAT TO HEAR..., I said the same thing just a few years ago, fate took its course and now life is entirely the opposite.
Sadly, not everyone is in YOUR shoes (which I'm sure you polished yourself),
This is simply my way for me, as well as others, to laugh at fate, which, as you've probably noticed, I do often. :love: 😁 :rolleyes:

MoiOz you have a great zest for life. and despite numerous incidents that's what's kept me going despite: Torn shoulder: heart Area Operation; Massive heavy tumbling log impact into the operation area a few years later. 10 years Long term disability no compo, with basically no use of my left arm, then both parents passing and my older sister taking charge of all financial affairs and scoffing the entire inheritance not even a photograph from either parent's.

Then REALLY bad skin cancer for three years (it was truly terrible) I solved it with 14 containers of black salve, a huge journey.

Then two floods wiping me out back to scratch and here I am living in a building site hut on a great property since then and YEP, I'm still standing... I'd take farrr more than that to wipe the grin off my face.

I discovered during anguish if you add the sound HA to the sound ARRRGH (it's a grimace sound) that it was a way to get me laughing my way through it. Your still here MoiOZ, you've definitely got the required never give up NEVER surrender to sad times, upbeat attitude, that is required to make it through.

I found that many many years back during my own injury time and never ever stopped pushing my way through it, and never will.
My advice is to just keep being happy and if you're not feeling the vibe, instantly look for something to appreciate. Remember it's our movie that we are all starring in. And we write our life script every day. I don't usually bang on like this, but you sounded a bit flat.

Watch comedies. I open my wallet if I want a good laugh. Life is what we make of it, as they say mate. That's my senior aged input.

Cheers,

MoiOz you have a great zest for life. and despite numerous incidents that's what's kept me going despite: Torn shoulder: heart Area Operation; Massive heavy tumbling log impact into the operation area a few years later. 10 years Long term disability no compo, with basically no use of my left arm, then both parents passing and my older sister taking charge of all financial affairs and scoffing the entire inheritance not even a photograph from either parent's.

Then REALLY bad skin cancer for three years (it was truly terrible) I solved it with 14 containers of black salve, a huge journey.

Then two floods wiping me out back to scratch and here I am living in a building site hut on a great property since then and YEP, I'm still standing... I'd take farrr more than that to wipe the grin off my face.

I discovered during anguish if you add the sound HA to the sound ARRRGH (it's a grimace sound) that it was a way to get me laughing my way through it. Your still here MoiOZ, you've definitely got the required never give up NEVER surrender to sad times, upbeat attitude, that is required to make it through.

I found that many many years back during my own injury time and never ever stopped pushing my way through it, and never will.
My advice is to just keep being happy and if you're not feeling the vibe, instantly look for something to appreciate. Remember it's our movie that we are all starring in. And we write our life script every day. I don't usually bang on like this, but you sounded a bit flat.

Watch comedies. I open my wallet if I want a good laugh. Life is what we make of it, as they say mate. That's my senior aged input.

Cheers,
Most appreciated PinkLion. If you say I'm strong, you must be Hercules!
That's also a problem in life, when you've been strong for everyone, everything and every day, all your life, people expect you to always be that way, regardless of your changes.
Anyway thanks again and keep going... you sure deserve it! xxx

Most appreciated PinkLion. If you say I'm strong, you must be Hercules!
That's also a problem in life, when you've been strong for everyone, everything and every day, all your life, people expect you to always be that way, regardless of your changes.
Anyway thanks again and keep going... you sure deserve it! xxx
The thing about Hercules and his story. I too wrestled a Lion el (he was my father) and I too was confronted by what certainly seemed to be a vicious three headed Hydra. Though in hindsight, it was probably a French woman in her mid-fifties going through menopause. She was my housemate and it sure did seem the same, at the time. I held up the mirror so she could see herself and left...
I never did the over the shoulder number, the tight shorts and the studded wristbands, though I have lived in Byron Bay for years, and a few males got around like that, as I recall ha ha ha.