Leftover wine going to waste? Try this refreshing hack instead!

Bottles of wine just aren't designed for the long term once opened. Sometimes you buy a nice bottle, and of course, you want to have a glass after a long day. Opening it, however, means you have started a countdown for its expiry.

Wine once opened just doesn’t keep the same, which means either you’re forced to drink it, or it gets thrown out. Wouldn't it be nice if there was another way to keep the wine longer? Maybe even a way to help you beat this summer heat. After all, a glass of white wine on a summer afternoon is incredibly refreshing.

So, if you’re anything like us who enjoy beating the summer heat with a casual drink and hate wasting leftovers, then we have the perfect hack for you!

Home and kitchenware brand Swan took to TikTok to share their hack for prolonging the “shelf life” of wine.

Credit: TikTok/@swanbranduk

In the video, the brand ambassador recommends pouring wine into ice cube trays and freezing them over a couple of hours to create tiny frozen treats!

Ld84-Gn-LipM-SUppjlD0IAjBxo7M0qY15gTSUJ60UvcRjJQDSsRtJZq2s-BH_2qBGkpcYqn_bcqgRReSayoQszlTUecgdwOcTrBiNgPIniAC796gD_Rzr1zpYDCXjEMrGefwJc
g0s6njfSLKsZY1juQViuxB5mu7HCVBCGlXes4aC0lespDhY1j741NlWussqYuTY1Mi791hscbzwqPKojlwJxfRnUEkUOS43MqjIRu_D9B332F3XOPWLesSEpUDF5I1bCoMU2NQc

The frozen wine cubes can also be used for cooking. Credit: TikTok/@swanbranduk.

It’s that simple!

The hack not only allows you to enjoy the alcoholic beverage in a different way, but it also allows you to create alternative “wine broth cubes” which you can use when making sauces, gravies and hearty stews. Even more convenient than from the bottle eh?

Do you know of any other ways to keep your wine fresh? Share your tips with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Sponsored
Bottles of wine just aren't designed for the long term once opened. Sometimes you buy a nice bottle, and of course, you want to have a glass after a long day. Opening it, however, means you have started a countdown for its expiry.

Wine once opened just doesn’t keep the same, which means either you’re forced to drink it, or it gets thrown out. Wouldn't it be nice if there was another way to keep the wine longer? Maybe even a way to help you beat this summer heat. After all, a glass of white wine on a summer afternoon is incredibly refreshing.

So, if you’re anything like us who enjoy beating the summer heat with a casual drink and hate wasting leftovers, then we have the perfect hack for you!

Home and kitchenware brand Swan took to TikTok to share their hack for prolonging the “shelf life” of wine.

In the video, the brand ambassador recommends pouring wine into ice cube trays and freezing them over a couple of hours to create tiny frozen treats!

Ld84-Gn-LipM-SUppjlD0IAjBxo7M0qY15gTSUJ60UvcRjJQDSsRtJZq2s-BH_2qBGkpcYqn_bcqgRReSayoQszlTUecgdwOcTrBiNgPIniAC796gD_Rzr1zpYDCXjEMrGefwJc
g0s6njfSLKsZY1juQViuxB5mu7HCVBCGlXes4aC0lespDhY1j741NlWussqYuTY1Mi791hscbzwqPKojlwJxfRnUEkUOS43MqjIRu_D9B332F3XOPWLesSEpUDF5I1bCoMU2NQc

The frozen wine cubes can also be used for cooking. Credit: TikTok/@swanbranduk.

It’s that simple!

The hack not only allows you to enjoy the alcoholic beverage in a different way, but it also allows you to create alternative “wine broth cubes” which you can use when making sauces, gravies and hearty stews. Even more convenient than from the bottle eh?

Do you know of any other ways to keep your wine fresh? Share your tips with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

I like sparkling wine and I have found if you put a teaspoon in the top, it stays bubbly for a few days. I don't know why, but it works.

Reactions: Ricci
It's just something I've never felt the need of in my life. Some people choose not to smoke, I chose not to drink or smoke.
Not smoking is a good idea... but wine actually has some antioxidants in it..... its only drinking to excess that is bad for you. I enjoy the odd glass with a meal when out for dinner, but some people never develop a taste for wine... my husband often has a sip when I've tried a new one and say how delicious it is. . he just screws up his face and says 'no..it still tastes like off vinegar'!! The man has no taste!! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Not smoking is a good idea... but wine actually has some antioxidants in it..... its only drinking to excess that is bad for you. I enjoy the odd glass with a meal when out for dinner, but some people never develop a taste for wine... my husband often has a sip when I've tried a new one and say how delicious it is. . he just screws up his face and says 'no..it still tastes like off vinegar'!! The man has no taste
Of course he has taste....he chose you!!

It’s that simple!

As we live in the Barossa I am just a little confused as to just what this leftover wine is. I have asked a few friends and some that are in wineries and they are all just as confused as myself. Just remember DON'T drink & drive

• Haha