Left over Chicken Curry

I hate waste and love to make dishes with leftovers.
I always cook to much Roast chicken and have chicken leftover.
Leftover chicken is great for sandwiches or salad but that's not all you can do.
So I'm adding a recipe for awhole meal using half a chicken.

If you want more or less just double or half recipe.

images.jpeg-34.jpg

Ingredients​

• 1 onion finely chopped small
  • 4 tbs butter
  • 3 tbs plain flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/2 barbecued cooked chicken shredded
  • 1 tsp KEEN'S curry powder *to taste
  • Salt n pepper to taste

Method​

1. Fry onion in 1 tablespoon of the butter until soft and transparent. Transfer to a small bowl.
  2. Melt remaining butter over medium heat and add flour, whisking for a few seconds until combined.
    3. Remove from heat and slowly add milk, whisking swiftly until all lumps are removed.
    4.Put pan back onto the heat and stir slowly for approximately 5-10 minutes until mixture is thickened
    5. Add the curry powder to desired taste. 6. Add chicken and onion and mix through, cook uncovered on low heat until heated through.

Serve with rice.

Last edited:
Sponsored
Leftover chicken is great for sandwiches or salad but that's not all you can do.

View attachment 17525

Ingredients​

• 4 tbs butter
  • 3 tbs plain flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • Salt n pepper to taste

Method​

1. Fry onion in 1 tablespoon of the butter until soft and transparent. Transfer to a small bowl.
  2. Melt remaining butter over medium heat and add flour, whisking for a few seconds until combined.
    3. Remove from heat and slowly add milk, whisking swiftly until all lumps are removed.
    4.Put pan back onto the heat and stir slowly for approximately 5-10 minutes until mixture is thickened
    5. Add the curry powder to desired taste. 6. Add chicken and onion and mix through, cook uncovered on low heat until heated through.

Serve with rice.
It just so happens I have leftover chook too! Thank you for this recipe :D

Reactions: Suzanne rose

View attachment 17525

Ingredients​

• 4 tbs butter
  • 3 tbs plain flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • Salt n pepper to taste

Method​

Serve with rice.
Absolutely anything served with rice, is my type of tucker. Your chicken recipe sound delightful! Thanks for sharing .......

Reactions: Suzanne rose