Kyle Sandilands storms off mid-show after heated discussion with co-hosts

The Australian radio landscape was rocked on Tuesday morning when Kyle Sandilands, one-half of the popular Kyle and Jackie O Show, abruptly left the studio just 11 minutes into the broadcast.

This unexpected exit came amidst a heated discussion with co-host Jackie 'O' Henderson and newsreader Brooklyn Ross about the ongoing COVID-19 situation.

The morning's show had barely begun when the trio was embroiled in a fiery debate about COVID-19.

The conversation became increasingly tense after NSW Premier Chris Minns informed the hosts that he could not visit the studio as planned due to testing positive for COVID.

The repeated censoring of the conversation made it difficult for listeners to follow, but it was clear that Sandilands was growing increasingly frustrated.

SDC 3.png
Kyle Sandilands stormed off barely mid-show after what appeared to be a heated discussion with co-hosts. Image source: Facebook/Kyle and Jackie O.

In a surprising turn of events, Sandilands abruptly stood up and announced, 'I’m going home,' before exiting the studio.

The show’s executive producer, Pedro Vitola, later confirmed that Sandilands had left the building. It remains unclear whether Henderson also left, as the remainder of the show consisted of replays of old segments.

The sudden departure of Sandilands comes just a week after the duo announced a landmark deal with parent company ARN. The deal, rumoured to be worth a staggering $200 million, ensures that the dynamic duo will continue entertaining their listeners for another decade.

This on-air drama also follows a recent public spat between Sandilands and fellow broadcaster Steve Price.

Price had criticised the 10-year deal that will see The Kyle and Jackie O Show expand to Melbourne, expressing doubt that Melbourne radio listeners would appreciate the sexually explicit content the duo is known for.

Price went on to attack Sandilands’ character on national television.

'Kyle’s a grubby buffoon and I don’t think grubby buffoons work in Melbourne,' Price said.

'He’s just a grub, Melbourne will not embrace the style of that program as it is right now. Some of the sexually explicit material is off-putting, it’s school drop-off time for kids—you don’t want people talking about anal sex at breakfast time, in my view.'

'I may be proven to be completely wrong, but that doesn’t happen very often.'

Sandilands retaliated the following morning, calling Price 'grumpy' and 'miserable' and leaving him a scathing voicemail message. He also took the opportunity to remind listeners that the 10-year deal was the longest radio deal in Australian history, a fact he seemed to take great pride in.

'Love us or loathe us, Jackie and I will be continuing with our politically incorrect nonsense for a long, long time,' Sandilands declared.

'Cheers to ARN for the great partnership and to the future goals we’ll continue kicking together.'

The Kyle & Jackie O Show has ranked as the number one radio show in Sydney.

The show secured 17.9 per cent of the market in the June 2023 results, a testament to its enduring popularity.

The on-air partnership between Sandilands and Henderson began in 2000, and the Kyle & Jackie O Show was launched on 2DayFM in January 2005.

Henderson reflected on her journey in radio, recalling how a phone call to a radio station when she was 18 led to her discovering her passion for the medium.

'I feel so grateful for our incredible listeners who have gone through life with us and will continue to do so for the next 10 years,' she said.
Key Takeaways
  • Radio host Kyle Sandilands abruptly left his show just 11 minutes in after a heated discussion with co-host Jackie 'O' Henderson and newsreader Brooklyn Ross, apparently about COVID-19.
  • The incident follows the announcement of a deal with parent company ARN reportedly worth $200 million to keep them on air for another decade.
  • Sandilands and his radio show had previously come under fire when broadcaster Steve Price who labelled him a 'grubby buffoon' and criticised the show's explicit content.
  • The Kyle & Jackie O Show has been confirmed to be expanding into Melbourne.
What are your thoughts on this story, members? Do you think it will impact the show's popularity? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
Not a fan myself, but obviously they have a lot of fans for the 10yr deal!
Price's publicly personal attacking comments however are going a bit far & a bit harsh!

• Haha
Reactions: NotNats and KithB
The Australian radio landscape was rocked on Tuesday morning when Kyle Sandilands, one-half of the popular Kyle and Jackie O Show, abruptly left the studio just 11 minutes into the broadcast.

This unexpected exit came amidst a heated discussion with co-host Jackie 'O' Henderson and newsreader Brooklyn Ross about the ongoing COVID-19 situation.

The morning's show had barely begun when the trio was embroiled in a fiery debate about COVID-19.

The conversation became increasingly tense after NSW Premier Chris Minns informed the hosts that he could not visit the studio as planned due to testing positive for COVID.

The repeated censoring of the conversation made it difficult for listeners to follow, but it was clear that Sandilands was growing increasingly frustrated.

View attachment 36105
Kyle Sandilands stormed off barely mid-show after what appeared to be a heated discussion with co-hosts. Image source: Facebook/Kyle and Jackie O.

In a surprising turn of events, Sandilands abruptly stood up and announced, 'I’m going home,' before exiting the studio.

The show’s executive producer, Pedro Vitola, later confirmed that Sandilands had left the building. It remains unclear whether Henderson also left, as the remainder of the show consisted of replays of old segments.

The sudden departure of Sandilands comes just a week after the duo announced a landmark deal with parent company ARN. The deal, rumoured to be worth a staggering $200 million, ensures that the dynamic duo will continue entertaining their listeners for another decade.

This on-air drama also follows a recent public spat between Sandilands and fellow broadcaster Steve Price.

Price had criticised the 10-year deal that will see The Kyle and Jackie O Show expand to Melbourne, expressing doubt that Melbourne radio listeners would appreciate the sexually explicit content the duo is known for.

'Kyle’s a grubby buffoon and I don’t think grubby buffoons work in Melbourne,' Price said.

'He’s just a grub, Melbourne will not embrace the style of that program as it is right now. Some of the sexually explicit material is off-putting, it’s school drop-off time for kids—you don’t want people talking about anal sex at breakfast time, in my view.'

Sandilands retaliated the following morning, calling Price 'grumpy' and 'miserable' and leaving him a scathing voicemail message. He also took the opportunity to remind listeners that the 10-year deal was the longest radio deal in Australian history, a fact he seemed to take great pride in.

'Love us or loathe us, Jackie and I will be continuing with our politically incorrect nonsense for a long, long time,' Sandilands declared.

'Cheers to ARN for the great partnership and to the future goals we’ll continue kicking together.'

The show secured 17.9 per cent of the market in the June 2023 results, a testament to its enduring popularity.

The on-air partnership between Sandilands and Henderson began in 2000, and the Kyle & Jackie O Show was launched on 2DayFM in January 2005.

Henderson reflected on her journey in radio, recalling how a phone call to a radio station when she was 18 led to her discovering her passion for the medium.

'I feel so grateful for our incredible listeners who have gone through life with us and will continue to do so for the next 10 years,' she said.
Key Takeaways

• Radio host Kyle Sandilands abruptly left his show just 11 minutes in after a heated discussion with co-host Jackie 'O' Henderson and newsreader Brooklyn Ross, apparently about COVID-19.
  • The incident follows the announcement of a deal with parent company ARN reportedly worth $200 million to keep them on air for another decade.
  • Sandilands and his radio show had previously come under fire when broadcaster Steve Price who labelled him a 'grubby buffoon' and criticised the show's explicit content.
What are your thoughts on this story, members? Do you think it will impact the show's popularity? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
a spat the the female made excuses for the next day. who in their right mind listens to this garbage? so please they are not available in qld. well i hope not.

Free publicity. Just what the contract requires. Still find it hard to believe any young person listens to the radio. This clown was a key reason for my ditching Aust Radio Network shares (plus the miserable dividend it paid).

View attachment 36105

Key Takeaways

It's a waste of radio time to have these types of shows - it's the main reason I rarely listen to FREE radio anymore. It's full of so-called talk show personalities that just speck rubbish & rarely have anything to say that is meaningful or helpful. Please get rid of this stuff and bring back good music listening.

Bogan presenters being listened to by bogans in sydney🤣sorry no bogans in Melbourne so not wanted here.😹
No bogans in Melbourne. Nah, just plenty of Africans committing crimes like home invasions. Who wants to be in Victoria anyway?! After Dan screwed the place good and proper people are leaving in droves. I wouldn't even want to visit the place.

• Angry
Reactions: KaraJenna
Did you notice that Chris Minns was wiping his runny nose with his hands during his speech on TV. I don't know if this was before he shook hands with the students at TAFE or after. Not a good example for Covid and hygene.
Covid is a HOAX. Don't you people get it? Do some research away from the main stream liars and you will get a true perspective. More people have died from the Clot Shot than from Covid. and they're still dying!!

Good stay home bogan 🤣Sydney’s no better it’s a bigger hole than melb dirty stinky smelly boganville and have you blinkers on don’t you see what’s going on in your own city🤣🤣i’ve been to Sydney never again.also melb rated better than Sydney in the most livable states.so stick that up your keyser bogan.🤣
I agree that Sydney is just as bad. I lived there for too many years. The community I live in is about 200 people, if that. No traffic, no cameras, no pollution but plenty of interesting characters.

Reactions: Littleboy8
With the insanely excessive amount of money that KS is reported to being paid, he’s shown he can be paid for doing nothing. Controversial? I think not. Just displaying his pathetic, selfish, spoilt brat behaviour. I’m just going by this article, have never listened to his “show”. ☺️

Do really need to hear this rubbish,I sure don't

View attachment 36105

Key Takeaways

View attachment 36105

Key Takeaways

Plenty of Lebanese in Melbourne too, so it will be popular down there too. Especially now Dan Andrews isn't dictator any more.

View attachment 36105

Key Takeaways

We don't get them in WA thank goodness,,if he walks out they should lock him out permantly.Just another attention seeking ploy ,The money they get is ridiculous for sitting on your arse all day

Did you notice that Chris Minns was wiping his runny nose with his hands during his speech on TV. I don't know if this was before he shook hands with the students at TAFE or after. Not a good example for Covid and hygene.
and he has now been diagnosed with COvid