Kmart's sneaky pricing error exposed by vigilant shopper

Whether you're buying groceries, furniture, clothes or even undies, there's nothing quite like the thrill of finding some unbeatable discounts.

Score a great deal, and it can make your wallet pretty happy. But have you ever stopped to double-check if you’re really getting the best price you can?

One savvy shopper has recently sounded the alarm about a pricing error in Kmart, and it’s an important reminder to stay vigilant when it comes to your purchases.

The shopper in question has called out Kmart over a pricing bungle on a pair of the popular anti-ride mid-length bamboo blend trunks.

While browsing at the Gladstone store in central Queensland, a customer came across a vivid yellow label advertising a sale price of $8 on a pair of underwear.

6dd1ff40e255648cb5e8870ac9308904.jpeg
The confusing price tag caught the attention of one shopper. Photo via news.com.au and Kmart.

However, upon closer inspection, the customer discovered that the item’s original price tag displayed a mere $6.

The shopper was understandably confused when he spotted the price.

He went on to explain: 'I noticed a lot of their men’s underwear seem to have been repriced with yellow “sale” stickers with the original price tab removed.’

‘I purchased two pairs last week for $6 each (not on sale) while this week they have been reticketed to $8.’

‘Then I came across a couple sets of underwear ‘sale’ [items] ticketed for $8 but they seem to have forgotten to remove the original price tab of $6.’

The shopper also shared a photo of the item along with the tag, revealing that the original price tag had a section above the price that appeared designed for tearing off.

So was Kmart trying to pull a fast one? Not quite.

According to a Kmart spokesperson, the store had mistakenly placed the markdown price on the wrong version of the product, resulting in the confusion.

Specifically, the markdown price was intended for the shorter version of the anti-ride bamboo blend trunks. Still, it was erroneously placed on the mid-length version. This mistake caused the price to appear to have increased, leading to customer dissatisfaction.

The representative explained: ‘So while the price appears to have gone up, the correct pricing actually provides a $2 markdown on the mid-length trunks.’

‘We encourage any customer who is unsure about the price of a product in-store to use one of our price check stations located throughout the store or reach out to one of our friendly team members for assistance.’

Key Takeaways
  • A shopper called out the major retailer for a pricing bungle on a pair of undies.
  • The supposed 'sale' price was actually higher than the original price, raising confusion and concerns.
  • The shopper noticed that the original price tag of $6 remained, while the new 'sale' price was marked as $8.
  • A Kmart spokesperson clarified that it was an accident and encouraged customers to use price check stations or ask team members for assistance.

So, there you have it, folks! It's always good to double-check the price of any items you buy before purchasing. Furthermore, Make sure to take the time to look for any signs of price tags that may have been removed.

It's also a good idea to use one of the price check stations located throughout the store or ask one of the friendly staff members for help if you’re ever in doubt. Also, we recommend checking out this article, where we share the latest information about the price tags at Kmart.

Have you ever spotted a pricing error or bungle at a store? Share your stories with us below!

Sponsored
Not everyone is perfect also shop thieves as I know only too well after having worked in retail over 16yrs will take off special tickets and place on products to get a cheaper price also pretty sure the scanner would scan the cheaper price not "special" ticket

Shows they are human and humans make mistakes
I'm sure when it is scanned at the checkout the reduced price will show , if it doesn't easy speak to the checkout person .

Again the poster was looking for likes

Can you do a thread asking people what topics they would like to see.

Interesting topic in today's news with them wanting to ban certain movies and books including Gone With The Wind and certain Disney movies or at least change wording ...now that woukd be a great topic to discuss

I would say A more get to know you thread.

Daily topics on
What's happening around Australi.

What's happening around the world .

A what state or city do you live and what is the hidden gems to visit.
Also any warnings in your are eg. In Melbourne there is a nightly prowler

A grandparents help thread

A sharing your hobby thread by sharing it may help others get into a new hobby with some great ideas.

Anyone want to add to this list feel
free

Last edited:
Whether you're buying groceries, furniture, clothes or even undies, there's nothing quite like the thrill of finding some unbeatable discounts.

Score a great deal, and it can make your wallet pretty happy. But have you ever stopped to double-check if you’re really getting the best price you can?

One savvy shopper has recently sounded the alarm about a pricing error in Kmart, and it’s an important reminder to stay vigilant when it comes to your purchases.

The shopper in question has called out Kmart over a pricing bungle on a pair of the popular anti-ride mid-length bamboo blend trunks.

While browsing at the Gladstone store in central Queensland, a customer came across a vivid yellow label advertising a sale price of $8 on a pair of underwear.

View attachment 16392
The confusing price tag caught the attention of one shopper. Photo via news.com.au and Kmart.

However, upon closer inspection, the customer discovered that the item’s original price tag displayed a mere $6.

He went on to explain: 'I noticed a lot of their men’s underwear seem to have been repriced with yellow “sale” stickers with the original price tab removed.’

‘I purchased two pairs last week for $6 each (not on sale) while this week they have been reticketed to $8.’

‘Then I came across a couple sets of underwear ‘sale’ [items] ticketed for $8 but they seem to have forgotten to remove the original price tab of $6.’

The shopper also shared a photo of the item along with the tag, revealing that the original price tag had a section above the price that appeared designed for tearing off.

According to a Kmart spokesperson, the store had mistakenly placed the markdown price on the wrong version of the product, resulting in the confusion.

Specifically, the markdown price was intended for the shorter version of the anti-ride bamboo blend trunks. Still, it was erroneously placed on the mid-length version. This mistake caused the price to appear to have increased, leading to customer dissatisfaction.

The representative explained: ‘So while the price appears to have gone up, the correct pricing actually provides a $2 markdown on the mid-length trunks.’

‘We encourage any customer who is unsure about the price of a product in-store to use one of our price check stations located throughout the store or reach out to one of our friendly team members for assistance.’

Key Takeaways

• A shopper called out the major retailer for a pricing bungle on a pair of undies.
  • The supposed 'sale' price was actually higher than the original price, raising confusion and concerns.
  • The shopper noticed that the original price tag of $6 remained, while the new 'sale' price was marked as $8.
  • A Kmart spokesperson clarified that it was an accident and encouraged customers to use price check stations or ask team members for assistance.

So, there you have it, folks! It's always good to double-check the price of any items you buy before purchasing. Furthermore, Make sure to take the time to look for any signs of price tags that may have been removed.

It's also a good idea to use one of the price check stations located throughout the store or ask one of the friendly staff members for help if you’re ever in doubt. Also, we recommend checking out this article, where we share the latest information about the price tags at Kmart.

Have you ever spotted a pricing error or bungle at a store? Share your stories with us below!
As always…..Buyer Beware!

View attachment 16392

Key Takeaways

I don't know about pricing, bu I have noticed that the quality has gone from all the major brands, they are using a denier of cloth in the underwear, now you save water cleaning them as you can wash them with a spittle and dry them with a fart

Reactions: Mr Chips

View attachment 16392

Key Takeaways

Recently I bought a set of pajamas for my husband at KMart. The price on the plastic packaging was $12
but it came up at the register as $16. Luckily, I was aware of the amount I needed to pay and this was corrected by the store person. Keep your wits about you Members.

Hear, hear to Suzanne rose's comment above. Publishers are also ''re-writing'' Agatha Christie novels, Roald Dahl's books, Noddy books amongst others. The Roald Dahl re-writing caused such a stir that the publisher is now publishing the books both as they were originally written & the re-written version. All we have to do is ''kick up a stink'' & buy the originals - it all boils down to publishers wanting to make money.

Reactions: Jennie
Hear, hear to Suzanne rose's comment above. Publishers are also ''re-writing'' Agatha Christie novels, Roald Dahl's books, Noddy books amongst others. The Roald Dahl re-writing caused such a stir that the publisher is now publishing the books both as they were originally written & the re-written version. All we have to do is ''kick up a stink'' & buy the originals - it all boils down to publishers wanting to make money.
What a great topic this would be.

I believe we should be able to read what we want and if it affects someonevthen don't read
To change something written by someone else especially old literature is so wrong and disrespectful.

Next it will be Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Fin because it is to racist

Reactions: Jennie
Shows they are human and humans make mistakes
I'm sure when it is scanned at the checkout the reduced price will show , if it doesn't easy speak to the checkout person .

Again the poster was looking for likes

Can you do a thread asking people what topics they would like to see.

Interesting topic in today's news with them wanting to ban certain movies and books including Gone With The Wind and certain Disney movies or at least change wording ...now that woukd be a great topic to discuss

I would say A more get to know you thread.

Daily topics on
What's happening around Australi.

What's happening around the world .

A what state or city do you live and what is the hidden gems to visit.
Also any warnings in your are eg. In Melbourne there is a nightly prowler

A grandparents help thread

A sharing your hobby thread by sharing it may help others get into a new hobby with some great ideas.

Anyone want to add to this list feel
free
A spelling lesson since when has Australia been called Australi. Further down the post should this have read... Any warnings in your area not in your are eg.

I was just making a comment as I thought we were allowed to without discriminations. Will not post anything again you've lost me I was not being petty.

A spelling lesson since when has Australia been called Australi. Further down the post should this have read... Any warnings in your area not in your are eg.
Seriously these are typos . I hate grammar / spelling police I left of 2 letters at the end of two words

Last edited:
Reactions: terri
I was just making a comment as I thought we were allowed to without discriminations. Will not post anything again you've lost me I was not being petty.
I actually think you are . You picked on my writing, someone told you it's typo's then you couldn't deal with someone telling you this and then you say you are gone from here. Seriously

Reactions: terri