Kmart's New Blue Stickers: What Do They Mean?

Whenever we're browsing the aisles at Kmart, one of the first things that catches our attention is the special yellow tags on the items that indicate they're currently on sale.

Because, let's face it, who doesn't want to save a little money when they shop?

However, several Kmart customers have recently noticed that instead of the usual yellow tags, more and more items around their local stores were being tagged with a blue price tag.

What does the blue price tag mean? And is it a good thing for us shoppers?

lvqpfchxUmg9tzcEdHTCpdtYiPZvKcs7gAUywDpFIdyAlb-PoVFIOTD3Te7aSAd1mlaN-O2M-TrOrxUlD3z3Uc28CrOORAMEiClw-Q96U6VFEujwiKtIRux0qeRdKzNfKZvyONFVKLj27CRVRdsYN8U

Kmart shoppers are frustrated after learning the secret behind some blue price stickers. Credit: Facebook.

Sadly, this is not good news for customers…

According to Kmart, the newly introduced blue stickers, which customers are seeing placed on various items throughout the stores, indicate that the items in question are not currently part of a sale but are, rather, having their prices increased. Say it isn’t so!

Some people who regularly shop at the retail store have found it difficult to come to terms with the revelation, and one of them has even suggested that it is intentionally misleading.

'Kmart is upping the prices of most stuff by $1-2, more for some things,' one user wrote in the comments section of a Facebook post. A second person agreed and added, 'I've noticed this on a lot of stuff at Kmart lately…'

'Kmart are raising prices on their clothing. They are doing this with a lot of their things. Taking the original price off and re-pricing with the higher price,' said a third user.

Meanwhile, a fourth one wrote, 'NOT IMPRESSED! How many other times has this happened, and I've not known? Do you do this to every item?'

Others also shared their experience with the 'misleading' blue tags. A popular Kmart bra with a $9 price tag on the label had a blue sticker on it stating that the price was now $10, according to the photos shared by one customer.

Another shopper said the same thing, 'I had this the other day with a necklace at Kmart. It was originally $4, and they had put it up to $7!'

'Please explain. Your ticket says $10, but Kmart puts a higher price ticket $12 over the lower price ticket?' said a second unhappy customer.

A third added: 'They did this to a pack of baby suits (x7) normally $20 - stuck a $22 sticker on top. I ripped them off!'

On the other hand, not every Kmart shopper was upset by the news. Some people commented that they are aware of the retail store's situation and that the recent price increases are 'to be expected' given the current state of the economy.

'It's called inflation. It's life. You'll be right,' said one customer in the comments section.

Meanwhile, another simply advised his fellow shoppers, saying, 'Best not buy if there's a sticker on it.'

A spokesperson for the retail giant has already addressed the issue with a statement, saying that the company always sets their prices 'accordingly' and with the customers' needs in mind. 'We aim to make everyday living accessible to everyone,' they said.

However, they also mentioned that prices should be reevaluated regularly to ensure that they are in line with the associated costs of running a business.

iXxnZcLTPeMEd9QJPvy4oz5u4o_3MYYwucZyIys2ql6huUIgEgD4mvIpUNd_pRGiVLESF3_y_hLeQy58LrctS0GQhsFVDmFJVMcEosngxF1HtYG5p096dPtL3kVolAz9jjQxchFHeQkfw4QzM5TubjQ

A Kmart shopper has revealed a 'secret' section in the store that has heavily marked down items. Credit: Facebook.

Don't worry, folks! This is not the end of your bargain hunting at Kmart…

Some customers say that there is a 'secret' section in the store where you can get bargain items at a very low price. It's just a matter of knowing where to look!

While we frequently see 'sale' items stacked up on shelves at the ends of aisles in the store, we should be on the lookout for those that have a specific yellow sticker that says 'soiled/damaged/faulty merchandise.'

'Don't be afraid to buy from the "Soiled/Damaged/Faulty" merchandise trolley or section at your local Kmart,' said the mum who revealed the store's 'secret' section, adding she had great success with the store’s outdoor drinks trolley.

'Because of someone’s inability to assemble this cute drinks trolley, I got it for only $7.50 and managed to assemble it while my baby napped,' she said.

These items are not only heavily marked down, but they're also perfectly fine and safe to use! Be sure to read the yellow tag to see the reason for the markdown but we’ve found a few great bargains in this section before!

So there you have it, folks! Even though it may be disheartening to see more and more of those blue stickers appearing at Kmart, we can still get our hands on some really great items and occasional huge bargains.

What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Seriously is whinging a new national sport? If you dont realise by now that the world of shopping includes increasing prices from time to time, then you have a problem. If it is too much for you to pay, then do without it . We are a consuming race that should perhaps think about how much we really need, Life doesnt give you everything you want at the price you want. Deal with that fact.

Whenever we're browsing the aisles at Kmart, one of the first things that catches our attention is the special yellow tags on the items that indicate they're currently on sale.

However, several Kmart customers have recently noticed that instead of the usual yellow tags, more and more items around their local stores were being tagged with a blue price tag.

lvqpfchxUmg9tzcEdHTCpdtYiPZvKcs7gAUywDpFIdyAlb-PoVFIOTD3Te7aSAd1mlaN-O2M-TrOrxUlD3z3Uc28CrOORAMEiClw-Q96U6VFEujwiKtIRux0qeRdKzNfKZvyONFVKLj27CRVRdsYN8U

Kmart shoppers are frustrated after learning the secret behind some blue price stickers. Credit: Facebook.

According to Kmart, the newly introduced blue stickers, which customers are seeing placed on various items throughout the stores, indicate that the items in question are not currently part of a sale but are, rather, having their prices increased. Say it isn’t so!

Some people who regularly shop at the retail store have found it difficult to come to terms with the revelation, and one of them has even suggested that it is intentionally misleading.

'Kmart is upping the prices of most stuff by $1-2, more for some things,' one user wrote in the comments section of a Facebook post. A second person agreed and added, 'I've noticed this on a lot of stuff at Kmart lately…'

'Kmart are raising prices on their clothing. They are doing this with a lot of their things. Taking the original price off and re-pricing with the higher price,' said a third user.

Meanwhile, a fourth one wrote, 'NOT IMPRESSED! How many other times has this happened, and I've not known? Do you do this to every item?'

Others also shared their experience with the 'misleading' blue tags. A popular Kmart bra with a $9 price tag on the label had a blue sticker on it stating that the price was now $10, according to the photos shared by one customer.

Another shopper said the same thing, 'I had this the other day with a necklace at Kmart. It was originally $4, and they had put it up to $7!'

'Please explain. Your ticket says $10, but Kmart puts a higher price ticket $12 over the lower price ticket?' said a second unhappy customer.

A third added: 'They did this to a pack of baby suits (x7) normally $20 - stuck a $22 sticker on top. I ripped them off!'

On the other hand, not every Kmart shopper was upset by the news. Some people commented that they are aware of the retail store's situation and that the recent price increases are 'to be expected' given the current state of the economy.

'It's called inflation. It's life. You'll be right,' said one customer in the comments section.

Meanwhile, another simply advised his fellow shoppers, saying, 'Best not buy if there's a sticker on it.'

A spokesperson for the retail giant has already addressed the issue with a statement, saying that the company always sets their prices 'accordingly' and with the customers' needs in mind. 'We aim to make everyday living accessible to everyone,' they said.

However, they also mentioned that prices should be reevaluated regularly to ensure that they are in line with the associated costs of running a business.

iXxnZcLTPeMEd9QJPvy4oz5u4o_3MYYwucZyIys2ql6huUIgEgD4mvIpUNd_pRGiVLESF3_y_hLeQy58LrctS0GQhsFVDmFJVMcEosngxF1HtYG5p096dPtL3kVolAz9jjQxchFHeQkfw4QzM5TubjQ

A Kmart shopper has revealed a 'secret' section in the store that has heavily marked down items. Credit: Facebook.

Some customers say that there is a 'secret' section in the store where you can get bargain items at a very low price. It's just a matter of knowing where to look!

While we frequently see 'sale' items stacked up on shelves at the ends of aisles in the store, we should be on the lookout for those that have a specific yellow sticker that says 'soiled/damaged/faulty merchandise.'

'Don't be afraid to buy from the "Soiled/Damaged/Faulty" merchandise trolley or section at your local Kmart,' said the mum who revealed the store's 'secret' section, adding she had great success with the store’s outdoor drinks trolley.

'Because of someone’s inability to assemble this cute drinks trolley, I got it for only $7.50 and managed to assemble it while my baby napped,' she said.

These items are not only heavily marked down, but they're also perfectly fine and safe to use! Be sure to read the yellow tag to see the reason for the markdown but we’ve found a few great bargains in this section before!

So there you have it, folks! Even though it may be disheartening to see more and more of those blue stickers appearing at Kmart, we can still get our hands on some really great items and occasional huge bargains.

To the person who said they ripped off the blue sticker, you could be charged with stealing as this and swapping price stickers is called stealing.

Reactions: Ricci

The one thing that I really object to most strongly when I leave the Kmart store in Busselton is that there is ALWAYS a shop person at the door demanding to see the sales docket before I leave the shop. What would happen if I said 'NO' you can't see it just what would happen? Why don't they arrange the pay desks like Coles and you just pass by a till and pay and nobody is offended. Once again I just hate going there for that reason.

I too hate the way KMart now has the pay desks in the middle of the store. Having the registers by the doors is SO much more convenient - and safe.

Reactions: selhira and Ricci