Kmart's $35 lamp is a great dupe of the $1900 vintage original!

Normally, bedroom lighting isn't something that piques our interest, but these mushroom lamps might just change our minds.

You've probably seen them all over social media in the past few months, and it's easy to see why everyone is crazy about them. Even though they're meant to be accessories, they've become a big deal in the world of home goods.

If there is one product that truly explains the internet's obsession with lights that resemble mushrooms, it is likely the Murano lamp.

The first and, according to most people, still the best version – each Murano lamp is one-of-a-kind because it is made with hand-blown glass with an iconic swirl.

But now, if you want one, you'll have to scour the globe for rare vintage treasures (like these from Pamono) and spend a hefty buck.

Even though our love for home decors knows no bounds, we do have a limit when it comes to spending money on these items.

OHWFaTpPbyBMs80kp7Ueg0GFNZTilgH9X61beWaCGUq3BtmTf2I8DoAkeIkcuJ1yjRpILvay0wvhB9D0j5Al1IUP1kBdT8NvIosPvjLLF5aRw1IDJpy0p6KTnrm3jj0yUZVmjIzK91T_H7keFWjbzkc

The original Murano lamp on the left and Kmart's $35 dupe on the right. Credit: Facebook.

Lucky for us, Kmart has returned with a budget-friendly knockoff of the pricey 1970s designer lamp we all covet.

The Amelie table lamp from Kmart is a fun and unique way to brighten up your house, whether you're seeking to fill a gap on your nightstand or freshen up your living room.

Recently, it's been having a major spotlight moment in the design world, and you may have noticed it all over Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and many more – thanks to interior influencers and design gurus.

In addition, the price is only $35, which is a huge discount in comparison to the thousands of dollars that you would spend on the designer original.

On Kmart's website, the mushroom lamp received an astounding 4.9 rating out of 5 from users who have purchased the item. Here are a few things they have to say about it:

'Absolutely love these little lamps; they look effortless but bring such beautiful mood lighting to a room. I loved it so much that I went back for a second one (and then a third for my mum). Highly recommend it,' said Phoebe, who also advised that it's best to check the product before taking it home because it's made of glass, and you may come across a few broken ones.

'The lamp is adorable and well worth the money. I was afraid it would arrive damaged because it is entirely made of glass, but it arrived undamaged and works perfectly,' said Kara, who rated the item five stars out of five.

However, given how much demand there is for the lamp, it should come as no surprise that it is now unavailable for purchase either in-store or on the website. But it wouldn't hurt to check with your local store if they still have some stock left!

If you missed out on Kmart's mushroom lamp but still want to keep up with the times, here are some other options you might want to check out. (Don't worry – these are under $100 as well!)

Sinyzope Mushroom lamp, $89.25 @ Amazon

Here's a lamp that looks a lot like the striped white lamp from Kmart for a beachier look. Amazon offers discounts all the time, so you should always be on the lookout for a deal.

Prettyia Smooth Desk Table Lamp, $54.26 @ Amazon

If white isn't your thing, Prettyia also has a really cute pastel pink mushroom lamp. It is powered by a USB connector, allowing you to plug it in almost anywhere in your home.

COSH Table Lamp, $55.50 @ Freedom

This mushroom lamp from Freedom is a good choice if you like the mushroom shape but want something a little more modern and sleek.

There you have it, members – best of luck with your shopping, and we hope you find the mushroom lamp that is perfect for you!

If you have more product recommendations, please feel free to leave some in the comments! We would love to hear about them.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Sponsored
This is a lamp we all covet? Beg your pardon, but I, for one, don't covet it. It's just another lamp among many that can sit beside the bed. What makes this one so special? Please enlighten me ...

If you need to check because there could be a few broken in the box to me that's speaking volumes. I think I would skip this one . But I love the look of the original one with very thick glass

I actually picked up touch lamps recently from kmart . Good size not small like alot of lamps and you got 2 in the box for $27.

I don't remember these lamps in the 70s I had one of those lamps that had liquid in it with coloured waves and balls floating

If you need to check because there could be a few broken in the box to me that's speaking volumes. I think I would skip this one . But I love the look of the original one with very thick glass

I actually picked up touch lamps recently from kmart . Good size not small like alot of lamps and you got 2 in the box for $27.

I don't remember these lamps in the 70s I had one of those lamps that had liquid in it with coloured waves and balls floating
Yay! The old lava lamps. Very cool, always mysterious as to what will happen next to the wax -- always expecting something different to follow, but they always performed as advertised.

I certainly don't covet a mushroom lamp, why would you. If I was after a new lamp, which I'm not, I would be looking for something different, I don't want to join all the sheeple all slavishly following each other.:rolleyes:
Bewdy, mate! I'm with you. In the same way as I'd run a mile to avoid being tarnished with the same reputation as a devoted follower of the "influencers".

Suggestions please ! Love my bedside lamps but the shades are getting shabby. Any shades without lamps available at regular price stores pls ?

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Seriously? Cannot IN ANY WAY compare Murano handblown glass with cheap tacky mass produced rubbish from China !! Murano glass is a highly collectable art form for a start ...... I have some which was my Italian grandmother's and it is exquisite ❤