Kmart's $19 portable solar charger might just be the game-changing camping gadget you need!

The great Australian outdoors is a playground for adventurers, campers, and nature enthusiasts. But even the most rugged explorers can't deny the convenience of modern technology. Whether it's for navigation, communication, or simply for entertainment, our devices have become an integral part of our outdoor experiences.

But what happens when you're off the grid and your device's battery is running low?

Enter Kmart's $19 Portable Charger with Solar Power, a game-changer taking the camping world by storm.

This compact, solar-powered gadget is the perfect companion for your outdoor adventures. According to Kmart's website, the charger uses solar power to keep your devices juiced up and ready to go.

It has two USB charging ports, allowing you to recharge up to two devices simultaneously. With up to 12 hours of power, it's compatible with most USB-featured devices, including smartphones, portable speakers, GPS gadgets, cameras, and iPads.

kmart1.JPG
This device can be used with most USB-featured gadgets. Credit: Kmart

The $19 solar charger, rated 4.2 stars online, has been hailed as a lifesaver for those who can’t go on trips without some form of technology.

‘Great for charging phones while camping, and [the] built-in torch is cool too; very bright,’ one shared online.

Someone else wrote: ‘Light and does the job especially when hiking and camping when weight is an issue as well as no source of electricity.’

‘I bought this, hoping it would be good, and it has exceeded my expectations. It keeps its charge really well and even recharged my iPhone and AirPods, using a Qi charger, without dropping down a bar,’ one stated.

They added: ‘This will be travelling with me from now on, it's eco-friendly and very light. There are many more expensive ones on the market, but this one gets my tick of approval!’

‘Great charger for anyone out and about. No need for a power outlet,’ another agreed.

However, others weren’t convinced by the item’s charging capacity.

‘After it was fully charged from a power point, it was fine to charge my phone from 50 [per cent] once. After a day in the sunshine, it hardly charged my phone at all,’ one wrote.

‘This little solar charger was in the sun all day yet only charged my phone to 75 [per cent],’ another responded.

Whether you're a seasoned camper or just someone looking for a quick getaway, the Kmart portable solar charger is a must-have addition to your gear. It's proof that you don't need to break the bank to stay connected, no matter where your adventures take you.

Key Takeaways

• Kmart shoppers have discovered a $19 Portable Solar Charger that has become a 'must-have' for camping trips.
  • The portable charger has received positive online reviews.
  • The product features two USB ports and is compatible with various devices, offering up to 12 hours of power.
  • Despite its low price, the charger is considered good value for money and is compared favourably with more expensive alternatives.
Have you tried the Kmart portable solar charger or a similar device while out camping? Share your experiences in the comments below!

Sponsored
Without having or testing the unit and only based on the devices specs if met, I believe when fully charged it should be able to fully recharge a typical phone such as an iPhone 13 with a bit to spare.
However, to fully recharge the battery in the unit from the sun alone it would need to be in full sun for around 13 hours and not get too hot. Be careful not to leave on the dashboard of your car for too long where it can often get over 60C as it may overheat. You may find it is best charged from USB at room temperature which should take less than 6 hours from flat.
If you use less than 40% of your phones battery per day, it may be able to keep up. And as an emergency battery or top up should be OK.

The great Australian outdoors is a playground for adventurers, campers, and nature enthusiasts. But even the most rugged explorers can't deny the convenience of modern technology. Whether it's for navigation, communication, or simply for entertainment, our devices have become an integral part of our outdoor experiences.

But what happens when you're off the grid and your device's battery is running low?

Enter Kmart's $19 Portable Charger with Solar Power, a game-changer taking the camping world by storm.

This compact, solar-powered gadget is the perfect companion for your outdoor adventures. According to Kmart's website, the charger uses solar power to keep your devices juiced up and ready to go.

It has two USB charging ports, allowing you to recharge up to two devices simultaneously. With up to 12 hours of power, it's compatible with most USB-featured devices, including smartphones, portable speakers, GPS gadgets, cameras, and iPads.

View attachment 38481
This device can be used with most USB-featured gadgets. Credit: Kmart

The $19 solar charger, rated 4.2 stars online, has been hailed as a lifesaver for those who can’t go on trips without some form of technology.

‘Great for charging phones while camping, and [the] built-in torch is cool too; very bright,’ one shared online.

Someone else wrote: ‘Light and does the job especially when hiking and camping when weight is an issue as well as no source of electricity.’

‘I bought this, hoping it would be good, and it has exceeded my expectations. It keeps its charge really well and even recharged my iPhone and AirPods, using a Qi charger, without dropping down a bar,’ one stated.

They added: ‘This will be travelling with me from now on, it's eco-friendly and very light. There are many more expensive ones on the market, but this one gets my tick of approval!’

‘Great charger for anyone out and about. No need for a power outlet,’ another agreed.

However, others weren’t convinced by the item’s charging capacity.

‘After it was fully charged from a power point, it was fine to charge my phone from 50 [per cent] once. After a day in the sunshine, it hardly charged my phone at all,’ one wrote.

‘This little solar charger was in the sun all day yet only charged my phone to 75 [per cent],’ another responded.

Whether you're a seasoned camper or just someone looking for a quick getaway, the Kmart portable solar charger is a must-have addition to your gear. It's proof that you don't need to break the bank to stay connected, no matter where your adventures take you.

Key Takeaways

• Kmart shoppers have discovered a $19 Portable Solar Charger that has become a 'must-have' for camping trips.
  • The portable charger has received positive online reviews.
  • The product features two USB ports and is compatible with various devices, offering up to 12 hours of power.
  • Despite its low price, the charger is considered good value for money and is compared favourably with more expensive alternatives.
Have you tried the Kmart portable solar charger or a similar device while out camping? Share your experiences in the comments below!
Be good for these people that go hiking, get lost and their mobile phone dies 🤪🤪

However, to fully recharge the battery in the unit from the sun alone it would need to be in full sun for around 13 hours and not get too hot. Be careful not to leave on the dashboard of your car for too long where it can often get over 60C as it may overheat. You may find it is best charged from USB at room temperature which should take less than 6 hours from flat.
Sound advice, @Olias. Thank you! I remember my dad having a solar-powered lamp that went kaput probably because of getting left out in the heat too long.

At $19 I think it is a great idea, if it works as stated. People whinging about not getting a full charge etc, it is meant as a back up charger for use when there is no alternative power source. I'll be getting one on my next Kmart visit and will let you know my thoughts when I've used it.
BTW I finally got my hands on one of the $30 cast iron Dutch Ovens that everyone has been raving about and, in my estimation, it deserves all the accolades given. So far I've used it for a pot roast and a stew and am very impressed 👍🤠👍

Good luck getting one I’ve been to my local K mart 3 times none in stock and they don’t do rain checks to order 1 mmm waiting