Kmart's $15 ballet flats mimic $1740 Khaite Marcy design

In a world where high fashion often comes with an equally high price tag, it's no wonder that shoppers are always on the lookout for a bargain that doesn't skimp on style.

And it seems that Kmart Australia has once again hit the nail on the head with its latest offering, which is causing quite a stir among fashion enthusiasts and budget-conscious consumers alike.

The retail giant has recently launched a pair of Diamante Ballet Flats ($15) that resemble the luxurious Khaite Marcy Flats, which retail for a jaw-dropping $1740.

The similarity between the two has left store fans stunned and delighted.

Shortly after its release, the Kmart version sold online in both colours.

1726542299413.png
Kmart Australia offered $15 ballet flats resembling the $1740 Khaite Marcy Flats. Credit: Kmart

The allure of the Kmart flats lies in their diamante detailing and mesh construction, which are also features present in the Khaite designer version.

While the latter boasts Italian craftsmanship, the Kmart dupe offers a similar aesthetic for a fraction of the cost.

This discovery was highlighted by a style blogger, Kmart Insider, on Instagram, who celebrated the find by saying, 'Walk with a little bling in your step. I like the $15 Kmart version more. How about you?'

The response from customers has been overwhelmingly positive, with many expressing their excitement about getting their hands on a pair.

Comments such as 'I need some of these!' and 'Omg I love them' flooded social media,

However, only some were enamoured with the style, with some stating it wasn't to their taste or criticising the high price of the designer counterpart.

Kmart's knack for releasing 'dupes' of high-end products extends beyond footwear.

Previous items included a $15 bag that closely resembled the exclusive Hermes 'Kelly' bag, which can cost upwards of $20,000.

The appeal of these dupes is clear: they offer the look and feel of luxury goods without the prohibitive price tag, making fashion more accessible to the masses.

But many people wonder if these affordable alternatives will stand the test of time.

While the initial purchase may be light on the pocket, the longevity and durability of such items are often a concern.

Designer goods are typically associated with high-quality materials and craftsmanship, which is part of what justifies their cost.

In contrast, budget-friendly versions may only sometimes hold up well in the long run.
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart Australia has launched $15 Diamante Ballet Flats, a budget-friendly alternative that bears a strong resemblance to the $1740 Khaite Marcy Flats.
  • The affordable shoes have quickly become popular, selling online in both available colours due to their stylish appearance and value for money.
  • Style enthusiasts and shoppers have expressed excitement over the low-cost footwear, with some customers indicating they plan to purchase it at Kmart.
  • Kmart is known for offering 'dupe' versions of high-end products across various categories, recently drawing attention to a $15 bag that resembles the exclusive Hermes 'Kelly' bag.
Have you ever purchased a 'dupe' of a designer item, and if so, how did it hold up? Do you prioritise cost savings over quality, or is it a balance of both that guides your shopping decisions? Share your thoughts and stories in the comments below.

Sponsored
Why do these dupes have to stand the test of time? Most are bought to be fashionable for that particular time and season and then a new shoe,bag, etc, is bought for the next season. I’m betting the $1740 pair are only worn for that particular season and once that’s past and they become “unfashionable” are not worn again. May as well pay the cheaper price in that case.

Yes a picture of the expensive shoes would've been nice to see so could compare as has been done in other stories. Also would like to see pictures of the kmart dupe bag and the expensive bag. Can you add and update this story please🙂

Didn’t realise that you took such a keen interest in ladies shoes Veggie. 😂
Just who's wearing them.... :p

Actually, I am amazed at the number of people, both male and female, who wear my favourite brand of sports shoes in WA....Asics! I would go as far to say that the number would surpass that of Nike wearers.

Just who's wearing them.... :p

Actually, I am amazed at the number of people, both male and female, who wear my favourite brand of sports shoes in WA....Asics! I would go as far to say that the number would surpass that of Nike wearers.
After you’d convinced me to buy ASICS shoes, @Veggiepatch, I’d never tried them before. But I gotta admit, they are very comfortable and my feet are very fussy! 😊

I don’t know if it’s correct to admit this but I am guilty of purchasing copies of expensive bags shoes and other designer items in Asian places where I have holidayed. I am not wealthy and couldn’t afford the high prices of originals. I have to say they have all remained in good condition until I’ve got tired of them. So an original would have been a waste of money anyway. However I wonder how long Kmart items will last!!

I don’t know if it’s correct to admit this but I am guilty of purchasing copies of expensive bags shoes and other designer items in Asian places where I have holidayed. I am not wealthy and couldn’t afford the high prices of originals. I have to say they have all remained in good condition until I’ve got tired of them. So an original would have been a waste of money anyway. However I wonder how long Kmart items will last!!
You needn’t feel guilty of buying copies at a reduced price. You have every right to purchase what you choose. Someone will benefit from your purchase and it won’t be the pretentious, over-priced companies. 👍🏻